• ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    AorbornePFC:
    I think that the problem is SOP with some departments.
    The only way to change the SOP is to file a complaint.
    No, SemperFiUSMC, I am not advocating 'letting it fester like an open sore.'
    The SOP of disarming civilians and unloading magazines will never change until the public makes it clear that they won't tolerate it.

Sadly that SOP is too mild according to most anti 2A mindset. In the anti crowd your gun would never be returned and you would be thankful that the officer didn't arrest you for being a nuisance.

While gun owners might not be in the minority since the last election those that carry and support our right to choose that option is in my oppinion a huge minority.

Too many gun owners still think concealed or open carry is akin to public fornication.

Until that changes the general public will always be divided among those who fear guns in public and others that accept it as a right.

Earlier one post stated that the officer would have a hard time explaining PC.

Unfortunately the Leo community appears to have been granted a level of trust in the courts which far outweigh any arguments from the unrepresented citizen.
    Especially in matters such as traffic where monetary consideration is concerned.

I have personally been informed by a sitting judge to the entire group that the LEO is believed above suspicion in all infractions before the court.

So I know the judges will in absence of evidence side with the long arm of the law.

Add in that everyone has the potential for error and corruption and the deck is stacked against the citizens. Cops can and do make mistakes and often will cover them up as well as the brotherhood aiding or looking the other way.

I think if the officer that is in the wrong is investigated he will be cleared.

Which I believe is one reason why these laws against recording LEO should concern us all.

Why is it so hard to convict a drug dealer but 99% of all speeding tickets are unproven with no real evidence before the judge yet they are upheld? $$$$?

Cops, crooks and citizens lie or tell the truth as easily so why do the crooks and citizens get lumped together?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You'll excuse me for a few moments while I go re-read that and see how I can squeeze a compliment out of it.

Nope...I don't see it...but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

I think the word "scrape" in purple is the dead give away......

I have never heard a cop seriously complain about his of her pay in any descent sized department........ 4X a year plus a free car and gas...... so in reality if you shoose to drive your patrol car off duty in reality you are making uite a bit more with the free gas compared to the rest of us.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Too many gun owners still think concealed or open carry is akin to public fornication.

THIS!!!!!!! :+1: Most of my family and friends think it's crazy that I OC wherever I go, with VERY few exceptions. I don't understand how we, as a nation, have shifted SO FAR AWAY from the 2nd Amendment. There is NOTHING wrong with carrying a firearm, openly or otherwise. NOTHING at all.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've yet to see him return to support any of his other anti-OC posts.
    :popcorn:

Here's a single quote (one quote of over 150 pages of similar mental masturbation) from the "where did you OC today? thread...

Heh, so went to my usual places... Starbucks (new girl working there, she gave some glances), Walmart (couple customers glanced in the check-out lane), and BW3.

So, while I was at BW3 (sat in the bar area with a couple friends), our usual server is taking our orders and walking around to help other customers.

At one point, he walked too close and ran right into my holstered USP as he was walking by. He turned and appologized, and I just laughed a bit. He came back a minute later and appologized some more, saying that was probably the worst thing ever for him to run into, and that he probably freaked me out. I laughed again, and assured him that all is well. It was pretty funny.

Anyone that would run home to post where they open carried that day has some issues and obviously gets a lot of excitement out of having people look at the gun on their side.

That being said, I don't actually have an issue with people open carrying, I just don't find it tactically sound and it seems those that do it only do it for the fun of being noticed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom