Stopped by Terre Haute PD for OC'ing -- On a Date!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Originally Posted by Unit308
    ...My bottom line was, and IS, about officer safety. And the safety of the populace we are sworn to protect.

Really the bottom line should be our constitutional right, if you want officer safety stay in your car where there's airbags.

Exactly ! "Safety" (whether for the cop or for the public) is all too often the excuse of the "Gun Grabbers". My right to carry will make me safe. :rockwoot:
    And does local (city, town or county) ordnances overrule state law in regard to our gun rights. ? :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Exactly ! "Safety" (whether for the cop or for the public) is all too often the excuse of the "Gun Grabbers". My right to carry will make me safe. :rockwoot:
    And does local (city, town or county) ordnances overrule state law in regard to our gun rights. ? :dunno:

yep. I carry a gun and have training to make sure me and my family are safe. I dont rely on the police. If I could handle things the way I think they should be done (reffer back to the 1800's) and not go to jail then I would never call the police for crap. Most of what I see anymore from the law (not just cops) is that it protects the criminals and f***s over the innocent. thats my opinion.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    "First, Indiana doesn't have a CCW, it has an LTCH. "

I have already addressed this, It is a matter of semantics. Most of the folks who come to our Dept to apply for a permit refer to this as wanting a CCW Permit.
    We don't nitpick...

:rolleyes:
    se·man·tics   [si-man-tiks]
    –noun ( used with a singular verb )
    a.the study of meaning.
    You need address taking some remedial courses in English with an emphasis on definitions of words, including "semantics".
    I am happy I don't have to come to your department and deal with people who, apparently, don't understand the language they speak.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

State law allows localities to prohibit firearms on property or in buildings they own or manage. This typically means that prohibiting firearms in parks is within the authority of the locality and not a violation of Indiana's preemption against laws prohibiting owning and/or carrying guns.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    State law allows localities to prohibit firearms on property or in buildings they own or manage. This typically means that prohibiting firearms in parks is within the authority of the locality and not a violation of Indiana's preemption against laws prohibiting owning and/or carrying guns.

Can you give me a reference for this ? I'm not doubting you but I have never read this and would like to. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Can we just start numbering people's thoughts for not OC'ing? Kinda' like:

1. Lose the element of surprise
    2. You'll be targeted first in the event of a robbery
    3. It'll scare people
    4. Etc., etc.

Okay, guys... I'm gonna respond to the "Where did you OC today?" thread because I've re-thought my whole self-defense strategy. My reasons? One, three and four."

Maybe it'll save time and bandwidth. And yeah, you can consider this post in purple.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Are those over the counter drugs? Or just a candy? Or do you actually need a prescription to get your hands on some of those?

I don't know where you can buy them, but they get served up here on INGO from time to time.:)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You do know you should have never said that... right?

Uh, oh... now VUPD went and egged someone! It's gonna get ugly now! :)

I have faith and confidence in you guys. This whole thread has been clouded with facts, yet somehow it has managed to stay on track and make sense. I nominate it for thread of the year (TOTY). :rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom