Stopped by Terre Haute PD for OC'ing -- On a Date!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Absolutely! Why lower yourself to their level? Making yourself feel like a tough guy and thinking you are teaching someone a lesson does no good. Your words or actions will only fuel the fire and cause more problems. You can't control what someone else does, but you CAN control yourself.

Why become the fool? Why lower yourself to their level? Be the better person.

You don't have to act a fool to show disrespect, standing up for yourself in a clear, concise conversation can get your point across and still let the other person in the conversation know that you hold them in low regard.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Absolutely! Why lower yourself to their level? Making yourself feel like a tough guy and thinking you are teaching someone a lesson does no good. Your words or actions will only fuel the fire and cause more problems. You can't control what someone else does, but you CAN control yourself.

Why become the fool? Why lower yourself to their level? Be the better person.

You are making a couple of assumptions that I disagree with.

First, it's got nothing to do with making myself feel like a tough guy. (I am a tough guy, therefore I already feel like one.:D)

Second, I don't think that showing contempt or disdain for a person who is showing you disrespect - a public servant no less - makes me a fool, or lowers me to a level.

Be the better person? Okay, I'll take that as personal advice, though I don't think it makes me less of a person to demonstrate my displeasure at being treated unfairly and poorly.

I start off saying "Sir" to cops just as I do with anyone I don't know and with whom I'm having an official interaction. I also smile. Will you continue to smile and say "Sir" to a man who is treating you with undeserved disrespect? I think to continue to do so is to reward the disrespect, and also to make myself the lesser person.

Upon meeting a person, I assume they deserve my respect. If they prove otherwise, doesn't it lessen the concept of respect to continue to give it to an undeserving person?

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Left field, huh, did you not write; you have to obey and respect LEO's;

That statement leads me to believe that you would let a LEO walk all over you, I hope that I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

And you know what they say about assumptions.

And I never said that I disrespect LEO's, I said I give them the same respect they give me, much as I do for everyone else.

Left field IMO would be assuming that I think I'm entitled to anything in this life.

Go back and read what you wrote.

I'm sorry friend, but you are completely wrong. If a LEO sneaks up on me and grabs my gun, how am I to know he's an officer? His stupidity will result in a bad day for at least two people. If he's stupid enough to do something like that, well, he's pretty stupid.

Before you would even have the chance to pull your weapon, you would see he was an officer. Then if you tried to pull your weapon, you would end up in cuffs (hopefully) or God forbid he or another officer pull theirs and decide to shoot. Some of you think that gun makes you Rambo. You HOPE that weapon will save your life and you hope that you have the chance to use it to protect yourself should the need arise. But in the end, if you are overtaken, it is worthless.

Well, you can sit back and fantasize about being a tough guy all you want. It wont do you any good at all though. Wrong mentality to have.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Go back and read what you wrote.

Good advice I suggest you do the same, maybe you can find where I said I was entitled to anything:dunno:

Before you would even have the chance to pull your weapon, you would see he was an officer.

I not taking the time to see if it's an officer before I secure my weapon. LEO have absolutely no reason to touch me before they identify themselves.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    I not taking the time to see if it's an officer before I secure my weapon. LEO have absolutely no reason to touch me before they identify themselves.

Unless they see you as a threat for one reason or another. They aren't going to give you the chance to pull the gun, they are going to make sure they are safe and the people around are safe.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    He's a First officer, I think that's the guy that works the radio:dunno:

You see what I mean, you hurl personal insults because you cant stay up in a discussion. It doesn't matter to me what you think. This is the internet and you are nothing but words on a screen. Its entertainment at this point.

Wait... wait.. wait... You are making a joke about my job, and you are a stay at home Dad? You make your wife go out and bring in the money? It all makes sense now. Not insulting you, Im just saying it shows your character.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Before you would even have the chance to pull your weapon, you would see he was an officer.

I would more then likely know he was behind me in the first place, LEO's in uniform aren't real unnoticeable.

I had a IMPD officer try this a few year ago and as soon as he grabbed my gun I said hi officer, he was trying to be sneaky in a half empty parking lot:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom