• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    More than a few years ago, I used the above phrase in a college paper and haven't used it since.

My feminist professor informed me, correctly I might add....as I further investigated the matter, that intuition was applied to a woman's thoughts due to the common perception that women didn't have the ability of critical thinking skills. A woman's intuition was more or less, part extrasensory, and part luck.

I don't know if it makes a difference to anyone here to see or use it, but thought I would throw it for everyone to absorb.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Luck implies a potentiality to be wrong.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine had OC at Westfield mall back when it was called Southlake mall and he was apparently approached by ALL the security guards that told him the mall policy was no firearms and my guy asked for the sign and they pointed out the ONE little sticker that was on the ONE door at one end of the mall. We still CC there all the time

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Really?? No excuse? Hmm... because I can sounds good enough of an excuse to me. I open carry everywhere, church, mall, into work, around the house, restaurants, basically anywhere that I can legally carry I do so openly.

Two thoughts for you.

1. There is no excuse for open carry in a mall. None.

2. Circle Center recently installed a credit card reader in one exit lane of all garages. In the one attached to the Convention Center, it's the one on the far right to exit onto Georgia St.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ... they pointed out the ONE little sticker that was on the ONE door at one end of the mall.
    And I would point out to them, the language of IC 35-43-2-2(b)(2):

(2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public;
    Posting on one secondary entrance doesn't cut it.

Posting a sign too small, in unobtrusive colors, or in out of the way places doesn't cut it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    And I would point out to them, the language of IC 35-43-2-2(b)(2):

Posting on one secondary entrance doesn't cut it.

Posting a sign too small, in unobtrusive colors, or in out of the way places doesn't cut it.

..but it's still not a "No Trespassing" sign, it is a "No Guns" sign, unless it specifically mentions trespass (as I pointed out in an earlier post)..

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    So I went to have lunch with my wife downtown last week, we decided to eatat PF Chang’s at the Circle Centre Mall. I parked at the mall garage becauseit's the easiest / fastest way to get to PF Chang’s, parked my car and, not wantingto leave my S&W .40 in my car I decided to go ahead and carry it in with me(I was OC with my Blackhawk Serpa holster), I walked in, up the escalators anddown a short walkway to the restaurant, my wife arrived shortly thereafter, we had lunch, spent a little time talking and then parted ways, back to work for both of us. She walked through one of the stores, and I, back down the escalators to the parking garage, after getting back to my car I realized thatI forgot to bring cash so I could pay to get out of the garage (they don’t take cards), so I decided to try to catch my wife to see if she had any cash on her(no cell service in the parking garage plus I assumed that she stopped to shoe shop on her way out), back up the escalators and when I arrived I noticed amall security guard (chubby black guy), he noticed me as well but didn't say anything. I found my wife, thankfully she had cash so I didn't have to find an ATM, got the money and headed back towards the parking garage, as I turn to go down the escalators the mall security guard called for me, I turned around and walked over to him, he asked "are you a police officer?" I said no, he asked "are you undercover?" I said no, I said why are you asking, he said "well, you're not allowed to have that gun in here", I said, are you sure about that? He said "yea, this is a public place, a mall, you can't carry a gun inside a public place, especially a mall", so I begin togo through the normal education process with him, informing him of the Indiana state laws and where it allows me to carry and where not... He called to (on his radio) what I can only assume was "Security Headquarters" and told them, "he said that he IS allowed to carry a gun in the mall" I'm not sure how they responded but he seemed very confused, I asked him if there were "No Firearms" signs posted at every entrance of the mall, he said "no, but they don't have to post signs like that, it's the law that you can't carry in a public place unless you're a cop"...

At this point I was done dealing with this, less than intelligent security guard and ready to get back to work and finish up my day, so I told him look, I think you're wrong but that doesn't really matter, I'm on my way out now, I wasjust grabbing some cash from my wife so I could get out of the parking garage, are we done here? He didn’t respond so I walked away, back to the garagewithout further incident.

My question to you guys is this, did I handle this the best way I could have, should I have done anything differently? Thanks in advance guys!!
    You should have asked for his"badge" number, and filed a civil rights violation complaint on his ignorant butt.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I hate to CC, (Nothing wrong with it, i do on occasion) its just not as comfortable in the summer. My wife has been giving me crap lately about OC because she thinks i scare people with it.. lol.. I just say good and laugh.. I strangely never get the "look" for OC or asked by cops to see my license or anything, i guess Kokomo just dosn't really care to much. BTW i do carry openly in the Kokomo mall which is a Simon mall and have never had any issues.

:ingo:

I do as well... icant remember the last time I CC'd

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    He is a member of the:

SpecialPolice-1.jpg

OP I think you did a fine job..

Not to thread jack but what department is "Jake" on??

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Jake - jumps in a thread spotting useless nonsense with the sole purpose of being a troll.

J706 - has similar views as Jake but he's willing to try to explain his opinion.

Jake = troll
    J706 = person with an unpopular opinion.
    I could go along with this.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    More than a few years ago, I used the above phrase in a college paper and haven't used it since.

My feminist professor informed me, correctly I might add....as I further investigated the matter, that intuition was applied to a woman's thoughts due to the common perception that women didn't have the ability of critical thinking skills. A woman's intuition was more or less, part extrasensory, and part luck.

I don't know if it makes a difference to anyone here to see or use it, but thought I would throw it for everyone to absorb.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
    I think you Feminist Professor was biased in her thought process as well.

Whether you call it a women's intuition, or your gut, hell call it your spidey sense if you want. I have noticed that it is more likely a subconscious survival ability allowing one to interpret data and thoughts without applying conscience effort to the process.

Are you telling me you always take the time to apply Critical Thinking to something, or do you occasionally go with your "gut" as well... :popcorn:

Been my experience, much like Luck over Skill , I will go with my "Gut" over Critical Thinking... :dunno:
    Luck implies a potentiality to be wrong.
    It has also been my experience, that I would rather be Lucky, than Skillful...

Top Bottom