• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't think DW can afford Crowder. I think he likely does more than $12.5M/year with mug club, merch, advertising, etcetera.
    I'm sorry are you suggesting that a singular man with some merch and stuff is pulling more cash down but an entire network that is producing movies documentaries TV shows and a plethora of other things?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The main issue I take away from Rekeita's video is that I'm not understanding what DW is presenting as a benefit for Crowder.

It looks like they reap all the benefits of his work and him establishing a brand/loyal base, while he gets..... what?

Unless there's some secret huge financial mess with mug club, I'm not seeing anything he would benefit from.
    The benefit for Crowder is that DW would be able to market his content and leverage his social media "better". Plus the $50M over 4 years, which I don't think is enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sorry are you suggesting that a singular man with some merch and stuff is pulling more cash down but an entire network that is producing movies documentaries TV shows and a plethora of other things?
    What I'm saying, I think Crowder is making more than $50M over 4 years. It didn't sound to me like they wanted to give him much more than what they offered. Crowders gonna want way more than what they offered, and doesn't want the penalties for demonetization, etcetera.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was going to say the same thing. They run a business, they aren't a F'n charity. They push the message of free markets and working hard and making money. Like KLB previously posted, if you don't like the deal, you negotiate or just don't take the offer. Freaking A.
    I think even for initial terms as a starting point, Rekieta made a pretty good point that they started negotiations off pretty lop sided towards them. And that's fine as it's their right to do. But if they were serious about getting him on their platform, I think they'd have maybe started off with more serious terms.

And that's pretty much been my beef with the DW side of it from the start. The deal was a pretty crappy place to start.

My problem with the Crowder side of it is 1) Crowder isn't helping the situation by all the publicity he's generating around it. And Crowder looks to be marketing this and using DW as a prop to harvest email addresses. Probably, also to drive up his Mug Club membership. Why? The mug club memberships and phat email list are worth big money to the people he's calling big con. Face it. They're all "big con". One hypothesis, he was disappointed with DW's term sheet and wants the next offer from the next big con org to be much bigger. I don't buy his "I'm doing this for the cause."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Saying something stupid? You mean like that men are men and women are women?
    That men can't get pregnant?
    That marriage is between a man and a woman?

Once again, there's more to being a conservative than worshiping money.
    If that's the complaint, several content creators on DW, including Shapiro himself, say men are men, women are women, men can't get pregnant, marriage is between a man and a woman. Matt Walsh has gotten on the map with his "what is a woman" documentary. He says mean things on Youtube all day. They all say these things on Youtube! Do they have your permission to make money now?

Granted. Their term sheet was retarded. That doesn't make them not in the fight. It doesn't make them grifters. Or BigCon. that's just a marketing gimmick to get you to give up your email address. Wait. You didn't give Crowder your email addy did you?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If that's the complaint, several content creators on DW, including Shapiro himself, say men are men, women are women, men can't get pregnant, marriage is between a man and a woman. Matt Walsh has gotten on the map with his "what is a woman" documentary. He says mean things on Youtube all day. They all say these things on Youtube! Do they have your permission to make money now?

Granted. Their term sheet was retarded. That doesn't make them not in the fight. It doesn't make them grifters. Or BigCon. that's just a marketing gimmick to get you to give up your email address. Wait. You didn't give Crowder your email addy did you?

They've throttled back dramatically on comments like that, even though they used to push it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think even for initial terms as a starting point, Rekieta made a pretty good point that they started negotiations off pretty lop sided towards them. And that's fine as it's their right to do. But if they were serious about getting him on their platform, I think they'd have maybe started off with more serious terms.

And that's pretty much been my beef with the DW side of it from the start. The deal was a pretty crappy place to start.

I agree, but like you said, it's their right to start out offering a :poop: deal. Crowder should have taken a deep breath and responded that if they were serious, they would accept his redlined proposal with what he feels he should get. If he can't do things in a business like manner, maybe he should look at getting a professional agent to negotiate for him? Throwing a tantrum on the internet while throwing DW under the bus is not really a winning strategy IMO.

When I was applying for the job I have now, I used a talent agent. He negotiated with HR on my behalf, which I was grateful for as I'm not great at it myself. I told him what I wanted and he worked to get that for me. The first offer the company came back with was lower than what I was making at my current company, far below what the manager I'd interviewed with said was likely. When my agent told me that, I laughed and told him to go back with my original offer and if they don't take it, that's fine and I can stay with the company I was already working with. He wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted, but it was very close and came with a nice sign on bonus, so everyone ended up happy.

That's the way negotiation works. Yeah, I'm not a big deal like Crowder, so going online and bashing the company I was trying to get hired by wouldn't do me a lot of good, but honestly I think it lost him a lot of followers in doing so.

My problem with the Crowder side of it is 1) Crowder isn't helping the situation by all the publicity he's generating around it. And Crowder looks to be marketing this and using DW as a prop to harvest email addresses. Probably, also to drive up his Mug Club membership. Why? The mug club memberships and phat email list are worth big money to the people he's calling big con. Face it. They're all "big con". One hypothesis, he was disappointed with DW's term sheet and wants the next offer from the next big con org to be much bigger. I don't buy his "I'm doing this for the cause."

Agreed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They've throttled back dramatically on comments like that, even though they used to push it.
    Really? Have you watched a Matt Walsh video recently? I don’t know about Shapiro. I only watch his videos when it has a topic I’m very interested in. So not that much. But Walsh is hilarious. I don’t have to be deeply interested in the topic to find that entertaining. His mastery of sarcasm is enviable. I watch his show for much the same reason I watch Crowder’s.

Point is, I don’t see any evidence that they’ve throttled down commentary against woke ********. Any. Not that how many times someone has been banned or demonetized has ever been or should be a benchmark for conservative street cred.

I’m beginning to think that the right has as much a problem virtue signaling as the left.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What I'm saying, I think Crowder is making more than $50M over 4 years. It didn't sound to me like they wanted to give him much more than what they offered. Crowders gonna want way more than what they offered, and doesn't want the penalties for demonetization, etcetera.

Really, you think he is making that kind of money? Last I heard, Rush was making 20 a year and he had ten times the audience Crowder has.

I like Crowder, been watching him for years on The Blaze. Can not say I am a fan of how he is handling this. I get the feeling he is burning some bridges and may find himself without a place to go.

I am curious why Beck/The Blaze did not renew his contract. Doesnt sound like their were not any hard feelings on either side. I know he only did four shows a week and he seemed to miss a lot of shows.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Last I heard, Rush was making 20 a year and he had ten times the audience Crowder has.
    A little low according to this.

“At the time of his death, Limbaugh’s net worth was $600 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. With an $85 million annual salary at the time of his death, Rush Limbaugh reached number 11 on Forbes’ list of celebrity earnings in 2020 and also ranked amongst the highest earning radio show hosts, according to Forbes. Celebrity Net Worth says Limbaugh was the second-highest-paid radio host in 2019, behind Howard Stern.”

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A little low according to this.

“At the time of his death, Limbaugh’s net worth was $600 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. With an $85 million annual salary at the time of his death, Rush Limbaugh reached number 11 on Forbes’ list of celebrity earnings in 2020 and also ranked amongst the highest earning radio show hosts, according to Forbes. Celebrity Net Worth says Limbaugh was the second-highest-paid radio host in 2019, behind Howard Stern.”

And I have heard/seen that number too. But last contract I heard him talk about was 20 million a year for the show.

I am guessing that 85 includes endorsements, books and appearances. Like many sports stars, thats where they really bring in the cash. Example would be Tiger Woods making an estimated $40 mill a year from Nike.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    The benefit for Crowder is that DW would be able to market his content and leverage his social media "better". Plus the $50M over 4 years, which I don't think is enough.
    In the DW response. Jeremy Boreing made it sound like $50M was just their starting point and they were expecting a counter back and threw out a number like $70M and $100M, but that DW could not go to $120M. Obviously, all of these points are easy to convey ex post facto.

I agree. $50M is not nearly enough. Essentially, DW was hoping to monetize the Crowder crowd for free. Like you, I believe he is already grossing $12.5M/year sum total of all ventures. Crowder should just stay on his own course. I'm not sure how many renegade conservative/conservative-minded libertarian billionaires there are out there looking to take on the tech and social media monopolies. I assume he needs funding for his production, or he would not be shopping his free agency.

I understand both sides and why they responded the way they did, it fits the personality of their respective enterprises and bases of support.

DW appears to be on the path to establishment conservative-minded libertarianism, which is more renegade than establishment GOP, but not as independent as the conservative/conservative-minded libertarians. Am I accusing the DW of selling out? No, they are protecting their brand. I can remember some guys losing their stuff in 1996 when Metallica released Load. In the picture on the back album art, they cleaned up, cut and combed their hair, put on suits and were smoking cigars. Has that made Metallica less enjoyable in the last 27 years? Not in my opinion, but some of the headbangers were aggrieved.

DW is never going to be as renegade as when they first started. They also have deeper pockets and more trust from their financial backers than they did when they started. Plus, they are the ones rolling out the most content to take on Disney and I applaud that bravado. As alluded to in earlier posts, there aren't many attempting to pull in others with differing opinions, most are merely attempting to capture more of those with the same opinion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really, you think he is making that kind of money? Last I heard, Rush was making 20 a year and he had ten times the audience Crowder has.

I like Crowder, been watching him for years on The Blaze. Can not say I am a fan of how he is handling this. I get the feeling he is burning some bridges and may find himself without a place to go.

I am curious why Beck/The Blaze did not renew his contract. Doesnt sound like their were not any hard feelings on either side. I know he only did four shows a week and he seemed to miss a lot of shows.
    Easily. Let's do apples to apples though. The term sheet assumed Crowder would handle his own expenses out of the fee DW would pay him. Crowder funds his own expenses now. So we're really talking about revenue, not his personal income.

How many mug club members does Crowder have? I think subscription price is something like $99/year. So if he only has 125K members, that's almost the whole $12.5M/year. His youtube reach is nearly 6M subscribers. His average video brings around 500K views.

Of course if he were monetized on Youtube that's double digit millions alone. But he's not monetized now. However, he does do specific ads, so having that big of reach would probably bring in a lot of money for the ads he runs. Most $ is made through mug club, and if that alone doesn't put him over the $12.5M offer, the ads and merch sales combined would.

It would not surprise me if Tim Pool grosses as much as Crowder per year, or more all sources considered. He brings in a lot from Youtube since he's monetized. He also runs ads. Sells merch. And has his own pay wall, which is most likely where he makes most of his money. I think the minimum to join timcast is $10/month, so $120/year, which I think is ridiculous. You can also donate more. And he makes a lot from superchats during his every weeknight show.

To make "Rush" money, that's radio/TV. Those kinds of contracts are only available to a few elites. With Youtube, independents can create their own brand and cash in. And cashing in doesn't mean they're big con unless they're only pretending for the purpose of getting conservatives to pay for memberships. I don't think Crowder is pretending to be conservative. I don't think the Daily Wire is either. And Tim Pool fits into a different space. Not really all that conservative across the board. I guess in a more libertarian space that overlaps a lot of conservative concerns.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Easily. Let's do apples to apples though. The term sheet assumed Crowder would handle his own expenses out of the fee DW would pay him. Crowder funds his own expenses now. So we're really talking about revenue, not his personal income.

How many mug club members does Crowder have? I think subscription price is something like $99/year. So if he only has 125K members, that's almost the whole $12.5M/year. His youtube reach is nearly 6M subscribers. His average video brings around 500K views.

Of course if he were monetized on Youtube that's double digit millions alone. But he's not monetized now. However, he does do specific ads, so having that big of reach would probably bring in a lot of money for the ads he runs. Most $ is made through mug club, and if that alone doesn't put him over the $12.5M offer, the ads and merch sales combined would.

It would not surprise me if Tim Pool grosses as much as Crowder per year, or more all sources considered. He brings in a lot from Youtube since he's monetized. He also runs ads. Sells merch. And has his own pay wall, which is most likely where he makes most of his money. I think the minimum to join timcast is $10/month, so $120/year, which I think is ridiculous. You can also donate more. And he makes a lot from superchats during his every weeknight show.

To make "Rush" money, that's radio/TV. Those kinds of contracts are only available to a few elites. With Youtube, independents can create their own brand and cash in. And cashing in doesn't mean they're big con unless they're only pretending for the purpose of getting conservatives to pay for memberships. I don't think Crowder is pretending to be conservative. I don't think the Daily Wire is either. And Tim Pool fits into a different space. Not really all that conservative across the board. I guess in a more libertarian space that overlaps a lot of conservative concerns.

Makes a lot of sense when you break it down as you did. Thank you.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Around 300k mug club members, and each membership is $80-100 per year.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’m beginning to think that the right has as much a problem virtue signaling as the left.

Yeah, what's what happens when people like Shapiro run around denouncing the right and ****ing on people for supporting someone other than a neocon. How dare people actually support right wing values rather than his specific neoliberal world view.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Glenn Beck just had Dave Landau on his show for a full hour this week and Glenn said he really missed having Dave and Steven at The Blaze.

Sounds like Steven left The Blaze, wasnt sure who left who.

Havent heard any announcments for his new home either. I kinda wish he would go back to The Blaze.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom