• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is another big YouTube star but can’t remember his name but Crowder will be on his show I think this Monday. Guy is smart and says this is no big deal really. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Crowder has his lawyers and Daily has there’s. This is just a first draft and lawyers alway fight for their own people to get the best, sometimes the lawyers are the ones making all the problems. He believes this will all settle out, it’s normal.
    But what will Crowder do with his shiny new website? How will he get new mug club members?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See…. IMO, Shapiro and DW’s image is more tarnished after this and here’s why. With what I know at this moment, I see it as Crowder is bringing to light the establishment conservatives’ safe subservience to YouTube, Google, et al. To add to what I mentioned earlier, I’ve noticed for awhile but really hadn’t been able to put my finger on it until this blow up but Shapiro is more status-quo than Crowder. ”Get the shot, you dopes”, his qualifications on his 2A support in the past, his siding with the establishment republicans to get McCarthy voted in, and now ’don’t **** off our big tech overlords’ *****-verbiage in his contracts? Yeah, I’m tending to appreciate Crowder’s take more, in balance.

As to the timing? I can see how some would want to hang a criticism on that. We’ll see. Why would he wait and be accused of laying in the weeds all this time? It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to come up with a theory. (Even for me). I could easily postulate that there may have been some other discussions going on, maybe with other parties. It’s quite conceivable that what DW admitted to was found by Crowder to be common in the Big Con industry. It’s just that (without naming names at the outset) he used DW’s language to illustrate his industry wide concerns.

Is he causing drama? Or is he bringing to light a problem? If you’re Shapiro, it looks like drama. He certainly did his part to create it.

Maybe Crowder is bringing light to the establishment conservatives. In the spectrum between anti-establishment and establishment, Shapiro leans much harder towards establishment. I don't think that's it though. I don't tend to watch Shapiro videos. I don't subscribe to DW.

Crowder is pushing the idea that DW is in bed with BigTech. The thing he seems to be basing that on is is the stipulations in the contract that penalizes him for getting banned on social media. I wouldn't classify that as trying not to **** off the big tech overlords, as much as it is protecting their investment.

If he gets banned from social media, DW isn't make money on Crowder's content, because there won't be any. There's Mug Club, that they would be monetizing but if he gets banned people will probably end subscriptions. Why should DW take all the risk? That would indeed be a sweet deal for Crowder if he gets paid whether he's on the air or not. It's just the reality of being stuck on platforms run by people who don't like Conservatives.

This is why I don't think it was ever a good fit. DW is big, but they're not big enough that they can continue to pay out the $50M while not making money off of Crowder. I think Crowder is too big for DW. I don't think they could do a deal that big without all those strings attached. Maybe a bigger media company could offer more creative freedom. And maybe some negotiation with DW could have gotten them closer to an agreement. But frankly I don't think $50M over 4 years was enough. Crowder has to pay the salaries of a couple dozen people with that money. DW can't afford him without offering a ****ty deal

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1674328852593.png

First, it looks like Shapiro is quite willing to crawl in the mud with Crowder. This is dividing people who need to work together. How about a new slogan? StopConInfightingOverStupid****

But. If the alleged facts revealed above are true, it looks like Crowder planned it. So you go to stopbigcon.com and you just get a form where you can put in your email address. Why is he farming email addresses? I hope he isn't dividing conservatives so he build his email list.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Ya know… If my memory and understanding is correct, the whole thing about Elon buying out twitter started when he was interviewed by the guys at the Babylon Bee. Maybe if Crowder can get him motivated to now buy out YouTube and straighten it out?

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well. That’s fair.

Crowder’s past performance, when no one was looking, is this BigCon schtick has been in the planning for awhile. The drama was planned. If he’s legitimately concerned about the little people, why not just call it out? Wy plan a whole campaign around it first? That makes it look like he’s picking a fight.

I don’t like that my opinion of Crowder has been lowered. I like his show. He’s entertaining. Usually on point. This stunt, to me, has ruined his credibility. He is the cause of the drama. There shouldn’t be sharp dividing lines that makes sides form. He did that. And it looks like he meant to do that.

If he’s gonna continue this campaign I’d like for him to explain why he built a big marketing thing around this first. I need something more believable than “it’s for the little people.”
    $$

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    View attachment 249631

First, it looks like Shapiro is quite willing to crawl in the mud with Crowder. This is dividing people who need to work together. How about a new slogan? StopConInfightingOverStupid****

But. If the alleged facts revealed above are true, it looks like Crowder planned it. So you go to stopbigcon.com and you just get a form where you can put in your email address. Why is he farming email addresses? I hope he isn't dividing conservatives so he build his email list.
    I’m an insurance agent turned marketer.

It used to be the most valuable asset was energy: oil, gas, whatever burns.

Today the most valuable asset is data.

And today’s foundation for that data is first name, last name, email.

That’s why a Microsoft buys a Skype or Facebook buys an Instagram.

They’re not just buying technology, shoot, Skype was, and still is, an ugly non-intuitive VOIP device.

But it came with 107 million email addresses. Probably phone, name, and a lot more too (but buying the data was the point).

I have an email list of 18,000 and a Facebook Group audience of 8000.

Facebook posts probably make me money, but every *new* email pays me $30 and $2.40 a month. (I market/sell digital products/course and SaaS for insurance agents.)

I spend (invest) $400 a day or more to grow my e-mail list.

Crowder created a landing page to capture your data.

Created the lead magnet. (This story.)

“Come hear my side, just give me your email.”

$$

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope he does answer the questions.

It’s hard not to point out that if there’s a winner in this, it’s timcast. :): I’m only half kidding. I habe a feeling that all this drama will drive a lot of traffic there.

What I expect Crowder to explain, is how the most logical conclusion to this is not that he wants to grow his email list. All the stuff that’s been revealed, what he’s don, what was in the proposal. What is stopbigcon.com. The timeline. It tends to point to that the most logical explanation is that he wants to expand his email list.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    On timcast he explained that the contract quarters your income every time you get demonitized on a platform.

Forcing anyone right of Mao to self censor to such a degree as to make the message meaningless.
    Crowder refused to those terms, and they started poaching his staff.

It makes sense that it's a con, how many times do you see people like Shapiro get deplatformed or banned from any big tech platform? You don't, and it's for good reason.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because he is smart enough not to cross the line?

The line is advocacy of the communist NGO agenda.

Which Shapiro is all too excited to help push, even if he does so quietly and under the table.

If you aren't getting banned and deplatformed, it's because you're helping their agenda.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn’t get to listen to the entire program but Crowder did bring up a point that DW didn’t mention. Boring cried that without those conditions about getting strikes, bans, boycotts etc. DW was liable for loss of revenue, etc. What they didn’t have in their term sheet is what if the talent (ie Crowder) brought in revenue in excess of the agreed amount. Sharing the risk with no provision of sharing the surplus.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I didn’t get to listen to the entire program but Crowder did bring up a point that DW didn’t mention. Boring cried that without those conditions about getting strikes, bans, boycotts etc. DW was liable for loss of revenue, etc. What they didn’t have in their term sheet is what if the talent (ie Crowder) brought in revenue in excess of the agreed amount. Sharing the risk with no provision of sharing the surplus.
    If you don't like the offer, you don't take it. Pretty simple concept. If he thinks he can do better, he is free to go on his own and try.

Was there a provision that said if they made less off of him that his salary was cut, other than because he was responsible for being deplatformed?

Top Bottom