• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    How many gunowners go for the draw during the 4th? Or when they hear a car backfire on any ordinary day?

How many dumb asses have you seen at the range acting in an unsafe way,

How many ego's have you seen in this hobby.

We're no different than any other group in the sense that we have our share of dipshits who will take this as an opportunity to strut and posture. In my opinion that is the last thing we need.

If anyone shows up with a Ninja hood I think a portable wood shed would be in order.
    Seriously guys I would like to help in whatever little way I can. If you want post links over at our boards as well your welcome to.

We don't get massive traffic but we get a little and every little bit will help in this.

If this is done sensibly and with clarity I can put a Banner up on my retail sight and that does get alot of traffic.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How many dumb asses have you seen at the range acting in an unsafe way,

How many ego's have you seen in this hobby.

We're no different than any other group in the sense that we have our share of dipshits who will take this as an opportunity to strut and posture. In my opinion that is the last thing we need.

If anyone shows up with a Ninja hood I think a portable wood shed would be in order.
    Seriously guys I would like to help in whatever little way I can. If you want post links over at our boards as well your welcome to.

We don't get massive traffic but we get a little and every little bit will help in this.

If this is done sensibly and with clarity I can put a Banner up on my retail sight and that does get alot of traffic.

That just shows fear of what MIGHT happen. If we police ourselves and throw out the dumbasses there will be no problems. ALL FIREARMS STAY HOLSTERED. End of problem.

Any way you can get word out will help.

Weren't you talking about open-carrying a loaded rifle on the Monon Trail a few weeks ago just to see what would happen?

Yes, but not the monon trail, although more people should.

And OCing a rifle anywhere it's not restricted is not an unecessary risk. If you think I forgot about doing this I haven't. I'm still contemplating routes, and things. My biggest concern with this is not legal but the fact that my landlord knows nothing about the rifle yet and I would like to keep it that way until I have a new place to live. Unless you need 6 roommates over there Scutter... :D

Ok, don't carry rifles. But I will be carrying my sidearm as I hope the rest of you will. If not, that's fine. I will be the black sheepdog. :): Also keep in mind that THE MEDIA IS GOING TO DEMONIZE US EITHER WAY. It doesn't matter how we go about this until a spokesman gets their face in the cameras with a written statement or something and declares our intentions, before, during, and after this event.

I want you all to keep in mind, the overall theme will be dictated by the masses at 2AM. It must be unified. Everyone must speak with one voice. Otherwise this won't work. Unification is the Key.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Its not fear its thinking ahead, anyway Fear is what is making this all possible at this point Fear of what the libtards will do.

I think what you are doing is a noble thing and I applaud you for it. I just want to add my perspective and opinions as should everyone else to make this as positive a thing as possible. There are a myriad of pitfalls and if they are not avoided they could cost us dearly.

Policing ourselves is a great concept but what is the reality of it? How do we Identify said dumbasses? There are plenty of folks who think I am a blithering idiot but does that mean I may be a problem. Hell Zoub should not be allowed to go just cuz he's butt ass ugly and has a bad attitude :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    policing ourselves is easy. Someone unholsters, they get a beat down by a wet noodle. Someone gets biligerant, we throw them to the LEO's to deal with. They commit anything against the Rally that puts us in a bind, someone ducktapes them to a chair. If ANYONE comes drunk, they get driven home to sleep it off.

Some adjustments to the reactions may be needed...

I appreciate all people perspectives. But I must implore you to understand that if we show up without at least a large portion of us holstered or with empty holster, we will be seen as weak and scared. I'm just thinking as an Anti-Gun Policy maker by saying that. I am very good at putting myself in others shoes. I just want us to have the biggest impact on the minds of everyone we can have. Whether or not the media demonize's us is not my concern. My concern lies in whether or not we can change the minds of our Reps.

We will never change the minds of the Anti's. But we can show them that they will not be tolerated. Tell them to go live in England if they hate American Values so much! :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    What about a slung rifle with empty chamber indicator and no mags as an option. If the only thing we take is a handgun, how does that reflect our true goal of no AWB? Here let me show a picture of the guns we don't want banned. If we are to make a stand we have to get noticed. We could have LEO check the weapons for us but this should be a personal choice. Don't ban those very weapons from our group. Now that would be ludicrous.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    What about a slung rifle with empty chamber indicator and no mags as an option. If the only thing we take is a handgun, how does that reflect our true goal of no AWB? Here let me show a picture of the guns we don't want banned. If we are to make a stand we have to get noticed. We could have LEO check the weapons for us but this should be a personal choice. Don't ban those very weapons from our group. Now that would be ludicrous.

agreed:yesway:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I will make it if I'm off work. I would carry handgun OWB holstered and AR slung across back. I could probably be convinced to leave the AR ammo in the trunk for a day. I would buy an OBAMA shirt to wear just to hog all the media attention.
    :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok guys. Let's not worry about rifles/handguns. We have more important issues to discuss to get this rolling. Please.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    all in

I'm all in in Terre Haute and any where within driving distance. Have made it to protests and pickets before, signage and publicity is the key. and to have decent view made of the group not just a bunch of thugs or idots is key...educated positions would get great attention and exposure!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i dont do that, i look at the car an say what a piece if crap. and we also need to call out the anti gun people who want assault rifles banned. we need to infor them that if they want to ban a gun they are wanting to ban the wrong one. have our spokesman ask the reporter "what gun do you think is used in most crimes and AR15 or a handgun?" if they say AR 15 then that shows ther lack of knowledge on crime. then if their answere is the hand gun then ask the reporter "why do people want the AR 15 banned when they arent used nearly as often as a handgun to commit crime?" and also dont forget to add "why should we let the anti gun loonies turn us into a target?" some rephrasing may be required.

OH and im carrying my pistol. why practice gun control and not carry guns when we are trying to get the point across that we should be allowed to carry guns? if you dont think you shouldnt carry then dont carry, im going to exercise my right as one of the people whose "right shall not be infringed"

Marc I have to disagree with you on this one. Neither the AR/AK or handgun are the issue (trouble). Yes more crimes are committed with handguns then AR/AK but we CANNOT allow ourselves to put the blame on either firearm. The problem is not the firearm it's the lack of enforcement and hard time for criminals that commit crimes with firearms.

If we blame the handguns and "win" the AWB ban they will then go after the handguns and say "well you said that was the problem". See what I mean?

In addition, we need to get into the habit of telling the public that an ASSAULT RIFLE IS A MACHINE GUN and something only the police/militray has easy access to it. We need to teach the public that none of our weapons are Assault Rifles even though some of our AR/AK look like it. The media has done a swell job of messing up the terms for us royaly.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    amen brother. I'm glad others are quick to catch such things! LOL This is why I would be a bad person for media relations. I can see me getting flustered and then stand back, throw my arms in the air, and scream "Gibson Southern High School Football Rules!" or something to that effect!

Not really but it sounded good!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ok guys. Let's not worry about rifles/handguns. We have more important issues to discuss to get this rolling. Please.

Could you state or reclarify the issues you would like discussed at this point? Anything that needs hammered out before picking a date? Hold ups that would prevent rolling?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If ANYONE comes drunk, they get driven home to sleep it off.
    This would be one that we would actually turn over to the LEO's if they are carrying, as to be drunk and in possesion of a handgun makes you NOT a proper person and therefore in violation of the law. I guess we could turn them over to LEO either way as public intoxication is against the law as well.

Top Bottom