• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Finished just shy of middle of the pack, but came in second in my class! I'm pretty happy considering I had one big screw-up and it was my first match of this type!

Doug K

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Craig was in my squad and as far as I know, his performed perfectly. I heard that at least one of the others had problems, but didn't see it.

Doug K

Okay ... I'm keeping track of the number of times a modified Saiga-12 completes a match without any trouble.

We're up to . . . one. :D

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Did Craig's Saiga-12 function properly through the match?

Did anyone else's?

My first stage my gun ran well but it went to poop then. Stage 8 I think I got 20 was my first stage.
    What sucks is I went to my club yesterday and could load and dump 10 round AGPs like a Pmags in a AR. 3 full mags 3 times each were glitch free. Felt like king of the world.
    Today I was really frustrated.
    I also noted that the chute guys had trouble today as well but not as much.
    Brian told me on the way out he initally had a spring issue with his xrail but got it going. Heck he can throw shells faster than most of us can shoot.
    I wont rest till this gun runs like it did stock.
    Joe I know you have to believe me that this will run as well as that pile of poo in the red case that you wont sell me back:yesway:

I wont blow smoke but I have broke one of the rules as far as doing one mod at a time. I have totally revamped my S12 and it was running well at the last Wildcat match till I did the comp before it was proven with the magwell for a while. Its been a gas system battle since then.

Give me time and you will say you knew me when my gun had bad days, and you will still be one dead sexy man.

Edit to add I got to shoot with some outstandning guys today. Made a bad gun day a good match day.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    OK here's a montage of all the videos I shot yesterday. It's about the max of my editing abilities but it's just not my thing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGC6Mjlds4]YouTube - Speed Shotgun Match Montage.wmv[/ame]

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    As for the Saiga's. We are still in the early days. Kinda like 1911s in the 70s or Competition ARs in the 90s. We will get the bugs ironed out.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    As for the Saiga's. We are still in the early days. Kinda like 1911s in the 70s or Competition ARs in the 90s. We will get the bugs ironed out.

Very true. As an old engineer told me once, "There aren't too many problems you can't fix with enough time and money".

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    Curious about why they use par times versus just letting them shoot all steel? Pressure to get more done in a set time?

I think the pressure was a great factor. The match would have slowed way down if we had to reset that much steel for every shooter and wait for all those pump guys to finish :)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I would venture to say it's a time issue. One could spend most of the time on the COF reloading.

For example, if one is shooting a 5 shot pump and reloading it one at time from some sort of pouch, it could take just about forever to shoot a high round count steel course.

There is such a difference between the speed loaded shotgun and mag loaded shotguns compared to the manual, stuff them in one at a time gun that the top guys don't get to shoot much on a COF that the casual shooter could finish in a reasonable time.

I was curious, how many shooters and how long did the match take?

Top Bottom