• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    OK, I've got an 870 with some bells and whistles. What I do not have is any kind of pouches that I can think of as being useful for reloads. Gonna be way too hot for a hoodie sweater with big pockets, so would my good old upland game vest work OK?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Doug K

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i just wear a belt pouch, the kind you'd use ona skeet range. $11 bucks at dicks i think. chamber flag i can't help you there, don't have one myself. last time they had some yellow rope that worked as a flag.

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    Took my Saiga-12 to the range today to practice reloads and for some reason the gun was not cycling well. I had it working great for the past month, and now that the match is near, I am having issues. I hope that a thorough cleaning will help.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    OK, I've got an 870 with some bells and whistles. What I do not have is any kind of pouches that I can think of as being useful for reloads. Gonna be way too hot for a hoodie sweater with big pockets, so would my good old upland game vest work OK?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Doug K
    If you show up I will bring a couple arm carriers. They go on your forearm and hold shells. I dont need it anymore and you can use it for the match if you want. I will be one of the guys with a Saiga in a Silver Dakota. I can also loan you a chamber indicator. Im sure you will get other offers as well for the belt style shell carriers.

I have a 3 gun gear brand 16 shell carrier and an 8 rounder. Already in the box to bring. If you like it you can then buy one and start down the long dark road of spending $$ for multigun shooting.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Took my Saiga-12 to the range today to practice reloads and for some reason the gun was not cycling well. I had it working great for the past month, and now that the match is near, I am having issues. I hope that a thorough cleaning will help.

I had a magwell and it ran very well at the range and one match with 12 round surefires and 10 round AGPs. Put in a comp and redrilled my ports and now the 10 rounders still run like a pickle seeder but the 12 rounders are giving me fits on the first 3 rounds on every one every time. Rounds 9 to empty run fine. Have been playing with springs, magwell position and spring but still leaving me scratching my head.
    I can still come to the line with 11 in the gun to start and 2 more 10 rounders that will flat out smoke though! If I can do my part its gonna be a fun day :yesway:

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    I had a magwell and it ran very well at the range and one match with 12 round surefires and 10 round AGPs. Put in a comp and redrilled my ports and now the 10 rounders still run like a pickle seeder but the 12 rounders are giving me fits on the first 3 rounds on every one every time. Rounds 9 to empty run fine. Have been playing with springs, magwell position and spring but still leaving me scratching my head.
    I can still come to the line with 11 in the gun to start and 2 more 10 rounders that will flat out smoke though! If I can do my part its gonna be a fun day :yesway:

That is exactly what mine was doing. I figure it is being undergassed as the pressure from the fully loaded magazine is making it hard for the bolt to overcome and get fully back. I detailed cleaned mine last night and had to literally pound out the puck. I cleaned and dried the gas system and put in then original Russian puck whick moves freely. Hopefully that will help. If my frusta stage goes poorly, I will download all my mags by 3 or 4 rounds.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you show up I will bring a couple arm carriers. They go on your forearm and hold shells. I dont need it anymore and you can use it for the match if you want. I will be one of the guys with a Saiga in a Silver Dakota. I can also loan you a chamber indicator. Im sure you will get other offers as well for the belt style shell carriers.

I have a 3 gun gear brand 16 shell carrier and an 8 rounder. Already in the box to bring. If you like it you can then buy one and start down the long dark road of spending $$ for multigun shooting.

Thanks for the offer. I'd like to take a look at them. I just remebered I still have my canvas shotshell blet from my CAS days. It's a bit stretched out from holding 10 ga shells, but seems to work pretty well! Just did a few trial runs (NOT PRACTICE) and between the shell belt and the sidesaddle I think I"ll be able to get off at least one reload! Looking forward to this one! my 870 os too shiny new and needs to be broken in!!

Doug K

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    Cleaning a gun before a match without testing it for function first is asking for trouble. Bad juju, for sure.

Believe you me I know, but with how that gun was running on Friday, I do not think I had much of a choice.

So, some of you may get a good laugh out of my performance tomorrow:)

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Stages look great for tomorrow!

We've got 6 stages set up for tomorrow. Big thanks to Dale S, Big Craig, and Barry G for helping with set up. Total target count for the entire match = 169. Should make for some very fun blasting. See you there!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Believe you me I know, but with how that gun was running on Friday, I do not think I had much of a choice.

So, some of you may get a good laugh out of my performance tomorrow:)

I got one of my 12 rounders running well its seems. (fingers crossed) BUT my AGPs still run 100%. Should be able to come to the line with 43 rounds.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I am livid. Crown Point was a commitment we made, at some point in time I will make it up to one of these matches, hell a chance to hang with Rhino and Bigcraig is not one to be squandered!

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    First off my thanks to Ryan for putting on a great match. Every stage was a blast with unique challenges.

I was shooting my Saiga which ran perfectly on the first two staging then got a bit finicky for the remainder of the match. None the less, it ran good enough and I lost more time on my fumbled reloads than the cycling issues.

The par times were perfect.

We need to do this more often.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I had a great time also, Thanks Ryan and the guys that helped setup.

You could tell today that I had not shot a match in almost 3 years... I wore thin soled tennis shoes (on the golf ball size gravel), wore dark clothes and hat (HOT), plus I forgot my sunblock and didn't think about it until the drive home... but I did have a great time! I think I shot pretty well, I showed up with 100rds and I came home with about 20rds... I definitely need to work on reloading (I noticed several people loading left handed from shell holders, so I'll have to practice that for future three gun matches also).

My 1100 comp master, I think had two failure to ejects but my guess is I didn't have it shouldered solid after the reload. Re-shouldering took a couple stages to get use to also.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Man, that was a lot of fun!! I had one major screw up where the shells in my sidesaddle were too low and started falling out when I was working teh action! Other than that, I felt like I did pretty decent, especially since this is only the second time I've had this gun out! Got to love the reliability of an 870! I got quite a few videos of our crew and am trying to get them sorted out right now. Looks like I totally skipped one stage, but can't remeber which one it was. I"ll let Ryan sort out who's who as I"m horrible with names! I"ll try to find a way to make it to every one of these shoots that happens. I've never considered myself a big shotgunner, but this is a LOT of fun!

Doug K

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    OK, here are a few:
    Big Craig on Stage 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtylVLbWxCg]YouTube - Stage 1 Big Craig.AVI[/ame]

Ryan on stage 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Ya-VCCCxM&feature=channel]YouTube - Stage 1 Ryan Z.AVI[/ame]

And me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xorPgsuqkFQ&feature=channel]YouTube - Stage 1 Slow Hand.wmv[/ame]

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Good match and hope thats the sign of things to come. As usuall my gun ran perfectly, YESTERDAY. Today its decided to act like a petulant child.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    heh, was Craig close to finishing them all when the timer went off?

Yeah, I think he was a bit upset on that one! I think I counted 47 rounds in 38 seconds! Pretty impressive foot work as well! I'm pretty basic on my editing skills, but I may just put one long compliation together with everyone shooting just back to back to back! We had 35 shooters and with an average of around a hundred rounds per shooter, thats a LOT of shotgun hulls at the end of the day!

Doug K

Top Bottom