• slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

I'll take that bet:D First place at the last match was with a stock Saiga
    [/COLOR]

I didn't say who's going to win. How many will run? Chris is one helluva shooter with anything put in his hands.

And , yes, I do like giving grief to Saiga pilots. Given enough time, they'll be as reliable as their tubed cousins.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Now to complete the thread jack..Was the comp easy to install? That's the last thing for me to do and I don't want to send it to R&R.

Don't worry about the "tube feeders" It's just magazine envy

I suppose you visit the Saiga forums. I used the Firebird from CSS.
    There is a link to it at the top of this thread
    firebird mid-barrel compensator????? - forum.Saiga-12.com

The R&R is a JP design and JP wont sell it and R&R wont sell it either, they want to install it and if you work on saigas you know the line that it has to be done by a "gunsmith" is a pantload.
    Plus the Firebird was on sale for $100. I am going to go out to the garage in a minute and go ahead and put in the extra 6 holes. Im waiting on a bead hone to deburr the bore and hope to get to the range then. I also added a reduced recoil spring as Greg suggested. I suppose I will have to play with the gunfixer plug and figure out which ammo runs best.

BTW is there slugs in the match at atlanta on the 11th????

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I never checked the results for the last match at the wildcat but Butcher had a X-rail on his tuber and carried 24 rounds. It ran without a glitch. I thougt that the saigas had an unfair advantage reloading up till then. BUT a saiga can use a 20 round drum,, unfortunatly I cant with a magwell. I am however considering a R&R 20 round "bipod" :laugh:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I didn't say who's going to win. How many will run? Chris is one helluva shooter with anything put in his hands.

And , yes, I do like giving grief to Saiga pilots. Given enough time, they'll be as reliable as their tubed cousins.

Last match there were three and two ran great.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I suppose you visit the Saiga forums. I used the Firebird from CSS.
    There is a link to it at the top of this thread
    firebird mid-barrel compensator????? - forum.Saiga-12.com

The R&R is a JP design and JP wont sell it and R&R wont sell it either, they want to install it and if you work on saigas you know the line that it has to be done by a "gunsmith" is a pantload.
    Plus the Firebird was on sale for $100. I am going to go out to the garage in a minute and go ahead and put in the extra 6 holes. Im waiting on a bead hone to deburr the bore and hope to get to the range then. I also added a reduced recoil spring as Greg suggested. I suppose I will have to play with the gunfixer plug and figure out which ammo runs best.

BTW is there slugs in the match at atlanta on the 11th????

Yes, I'm over there with the same name. I have read a lot of reviews but was curious of your experience with the installation. It seems pretty straight forward but **** happens.
    this is my kitchen table gun

005-1.jpg

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Yes, I'm over there with the same name. I have read a lot of reviews but was curious of your experience with the installation. It seems pretty straight forward but **** happens.
    this is my kitchen table gun

005-1.jpg
    Trim your toenails! Seriously looks good. If I see you Id like to get a closer look at your forearm.

barryG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    I will be there with my Saiga - been working on it for a while now and I think it is ready for action.

What size mags would be good for this event? I was thinking of a 20 rnd drum followed by a 12 round stick for reloads, or perhaps just 3 12 round sticks.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I didn't attend the other one, but from what I've heard, you have a par time in which to shoot as many targets as possible. So the more rounds you can get in the gun before having to reload, the better.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I will be there with my Saiga - been working on it for a while now and I think it is ready for action.

What size mags would be good for this event? I was thinking of a 20 rnd drum followed by a 12 round stick for reloads, or perhaps just 3 12 round sticks.

If your gun is reliable with a drum then that's what I would go with. Most stages won't let you get off more than 20rds before the time is up.
    It sounds like the Saiga will be well represented this match :rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    In the GSSF handbook, it asks competators to help paste. At the GSSF match last weekend in Indy, I helped paste and heard the RO's ask others to help paste.

We sure did, almost everyone who shot stages were asked to help paste. Just to keep things moving along.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Just wanted to give everyone an update. Last night I picked up some more finished targets, that a Dennis L. volunteered to cut and weld for us. This brings us to a total of 58 additional targets since our last Speed Shotgun match back in March. We may be able to do a 6th stage now, but it all depends on volunteer turnout next Saturday, 7/10/10. Again, we will be setting up on Saturday around noon, please come help out if you can.

Thanks,
    RZ

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i was at the one in march and i can't wait for this one! it is an absolute blast and if you have ever thought about shooting in any sort of match this is a good one. the last match was my first foray into match shooting. gotta say the bug bite me pretty hard. i'll be there just strokin my 870 for all it's got!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Just wanted to give everyone an update. Last night I picked up some more finished targets, that a Dennis L. volunteered to cut and weld for us. This brings us to a total of 58 additional targets since our last Speed Shotgun match back in March. We may be able to do a 6th stage now, but it all depends on volunteer turnout next Saturday, 7/10/10. Again, we will be setting up on Saturday around noon, please come help out if you can.

Thanks,
    RZ

Good for more targets. I cant help out though, Im working so much at the moment I have to plan just to make matches.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    BigCraig asked Coach if he was shooting this match. I mentioned that I would, but I just don't have a shotgun.

Heh.

Top Bottom