Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I would like to shoot this match but I made a commitment to attend the pistol match at Warsaw already. I would have had to borrow a shotgun from Rhino in any case.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I would like to shoot this match but I made a commitment to attend the pistol match at Warsaw already. I would have had to borrow a shotgun from Rhino in any case.

Shotgun match is on Saturday, Warsaw is on Sunday.

You can use my Saiga if you wish.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    According to the Atlanta calendar, the Shotgun Match is on Sunday.

Will the SASS match on Saturday interfere with setup?

You are correct, apparently I can't read a calender.

Setup will be done on the bays not used for SASS.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A few questions.

Is this a shotgun only Match?

How much time do we have per stage on average?

Yes

-and-

Last time, the Par times were about 15-18 seconds/stage. There was some discussion of making them slightly longer (3-5 seconds) and making more targets available to shoot at. But, that's Ryan's call.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    How much time do we have per stage on average?

Last time, the Par times were about 15-18 seconds/stage. There was some discussion of making them slightly longer (3-5 seconds) and making more targets available to shoot at. But, that's Ryan's call.

As of right now, I have 6 stages drawn up (still too rough to post). That being said, par times will infact be substantially longer this time, around 30 seconds on average.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    I have paid a 285$ or more match fee and been expected to reset targets. (And even if it weren't expected I still would)

The key phrase, as mentioned above, is volunteer driven sport. I believe that some people in our area have been forgetting this recently, and I intend on starting to remind people.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Why no semi-auto shotguns, the choice of many? The rules state "manually operated" well they are manually operated from get go! Why the discrimination?

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    Why no semi-auto shotguns, the choice of many? The rules state "manually operated" well they are manually operated from get go! Why the discrimination?

There are 3 divisons at Speed Shotgun matches. The "discrimination" only exists in one division. The purpose of this is so pumps can still be competitive in a class of their own.

Below is exactly how the rules state this:

Divisions:
    Open: No restrictions on ammo capacity, modifications, or accessories.

Standard: No optics, ports, compensators, speed-loaders, or detachable magazines allowed. Shotguns may not be loaded with more than 9 rounds prior to the start signal, but capacity will not be limited after the start signal.

Standard Manual: Same as Standard Division, but shotgun must have a manually operated action (pump, lever, etc.)

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    nice! i might be able to get more than 9 in a stage this time around.:yesway:

But can you get more on target??

AmericanBob and I have been waiting a long time for a second go at this competition. There's a score to settle...:draw:

+1 to Ryan for setting up another shotty competition. It was awesome last time, and I can't wait for this one. I bought a shotgun just for this. Really.

Last edited:

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    But can you get more on target??

AmericanBob and I have been waiting a long time for a second go at this competition. There's a score to settle...:draw:

+1 to Ryan for setting up another shotty competition. It was awesome last time, and I can't wait for this one. I bought a shotgun just for this. Really.

as long as i can get 1 more than you i'm good.

Top Bottom