• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Were gonna have to get a few pics to post up sounds like I may have a very nice turn out for this shoot. Would also be cool to get some video for my YouTube channel if everyone would be cool with that.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    The PST will make the crossfire look like a $50 centerpoint special from wally. No dig on your stuff, the HS and PST are just that nice. I've got the standard 6.5-20x44mm Viper on my SPR. I really wanted the HS or PST but I was already in the build at $1600 w/o optic and was just about out of fun money. All I could get was the standard viper from Alan for $325. Maybe down the road I'll sell the standard and upgrade

I can't wait to see the glass. I might have to save my pennies and pickup an HS-T. I don't think I will use the illumination.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Were gonna have to get a few pics to post up sounds like I may have a very nice turn out for this shoot. Would also be cool to get some video for my YouTube channel if everyone would be cool with that.
    sgreen3, could you send me a pm with the pertinent info. I've tried to get to 50 so I could pm you, but don't want to chance not making it. Thanks.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok guys Saturday is getting here pretty quick! Going to be a great time I hope for everyone. Just to put some formalized info for all that's attending as far as what you "need" to bring will be your rifle or rifles that you want to use in the precision shoot to get your 5 total groups in with. Second you will need a minimum of 25rds of your favorite precision load of choice to shoot your groups with. Also your choice of either front bipod an rear bag, or front an rear bag, or front rest an rear bag, please "no sleds" not everyone has these so this way will kind of keep everyone on somewhat a even field. I will have a cooler full of waters for anyone that would like one. If you would like to bring something to eat for lunch that's fine with me, I personally tend to not eat very much in the summer when it gets this hot out, But everyone is more than welcome to do so. I will have a few chairs but may want to bring one just in case. I will have tables set up for everyone to put there stuff on. I have been asked about a sight in period and yea we can have a short sight in period for those that are not on at 200yrds, and either myself or other guys would be glad to help those that have never had the chance to shoot that far to at least get on paper. But I will say we need to kind of make the sight in as quick as we can due to time frame, if everyone shows that has said they would an I know some have to leave earlier, that way we can get started so everyone has a chance to at least get all their groups in for the match. We have a unanimous decision on the course of fire, each shooter will sit at the bench an post a 5 shot group, after that shooter has shot their group they will walk down to the back stop collect your target an staple a target back in place for the next shooter. We will continue trading off shooters, 2 shooters at a time until everyone has shot their 5 groups. After that we will average out everyone's groups and see who did the best. Group sizing will consist of measuring outside to outside the 2 shots that have the furthest distance apart and after that the bullet caliber will be subtracted from the overall group size. After the last person has shot and we have tallied everyone's score we can shoot a bit more if we have time, I know some are going to bring some cans along to try out also. Plan on being here at 11AM so we can go over quick range an safety rules so we can get started as quick as we can, if you don't have my address or cell# please send me a PM I honestly cant remember who has it or not, lol. I hope this is a lot of fun for everyone, I know I'm pretty excited about it an look forward to meeting you guys in person!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sounds like a good plan! I may have one of you experienced shooters check my zero at 200 yards. It might be quicker than me trying to dial in the scope. I'll bring a chair or two in case someone else needs one.

I have a brand new shooting mat that I have never used. Is there any value to bringing it? Would it be an option to shoot prone if someone wanted to?

One more question: Will we still do this if it rains?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Sounds like a good plan! I may have one of you experienced shooters check my zero at 200 yards. It might be quicker than me trying to dial in the scope. I'll bring a chair or two in case someone else needs one.

I have a brand new shooting mat that I have never used. Is there any value to bringing it? Would it be an option to shoot prone if someone wanted to?

Mammynun will be bringing his 6-24x50 spotting scope, haha.

I asked about prone but I'm guessing the land is laid out in a non-accommodating way that doesn't allow you to see the backstop.

Can't answer for the rain.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Ok guys Saturday is getting here pretty quick! Going to be a great time I hope for everyone. Just to put some formalized info for all that's attending as far as what you "need" to bring will be your rifle or rifles that you want to use in the precision shoot to get your 5 total groups in with. Second you will need a minimum of 25rds of your favorite precision load of choice to shoot your groups with. Also your choice of either front bipod an rear bag, or front an rear bag, or front rest an rear bag, please "no sleds" not everyone has these so this way will kind of keep everyone on somewhat a even field. I will have a cooler full of waters for anyone that would like one. If you would like to bring something to eat for lunch that's fine with me, I personally tend to not eat very much in the summer when it gets this hot out, But everyone is more than welcome to do so. I will have a few chairs but may want to bring one just in case. I will have tables set up for everyone to put there stuff on. I have been asked about a sight in period and yea we can have a short sight in period for those that are not on at 200yrds, and either myself or other guys would be glad to help those that have never had the chance to shoot that far to at least get on paper. But I will say we need to kind of make the sight in as quick as we can due to time frame, if everyone shows that has said they would an I know some have to leave earlier, that way we can get started so everyone has a chance to at least get all their groups in for the match. We have a unanimous decision on the course of fire, each shooter will sit at the bench an post a 5 shot group, after that shooter has shot their group they will walk down to the back stop collect your target an staple a target back in place for the next shooter. We will continue trading off shooters, 2 shooters at a time until everyone has shot their 5 groups. After that we will average out everyone's groups and see who did the best. Group sizing will consist of measuring outside to outside the 2 shots that have the furthest distance apart and after that the bullet caliber will be subtracted from the overall group size. After the last person has shot and we have tallied everyone's score we can shoot a bit more if we have time, I know some are going to bring some cans along to try out also. Plan on being here at 11AM so we can go over quick range an safety rules so we can get started as quick as we can, if you don't have my address or cell# please send me a PM I honestly cant remember who has it or not, lol. I hope this is a lot of fun for everyone, I know I'm pretty excited about it an look forward to meeting you guys in person!

:yesway::ar15::rockwoot:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

If time allows I think it would benefit you to zero your own scope. There's no better teacher than hands on experience to see what a click or 2 with your equipment actually does.

I'm more stable from the prone but, as wsenefeld indicated, the terrain may not allow for it. I'll have mine since it basically lives in the truck.

Mammynun will be bringing his 6-24x50 spotting scope, haha.

I asked about prone but I'm guessing the land is laid out in a non-accommodating way that doesn't allow you to see the backstop.

Can't answer for the rain.

You don't have to use all the magnifications! :) Unless the light is perfect, I can't see a .30 hole @200 yards, but it can help... especially if you have young eyes.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If time allows I think it would benefit you to zero your own scope. There's no better teacher than hands on experience to see what a click or 2 with your equipment actually does.

I'm more stable from the prone but, as wsenefeld indicated, the terrain may not allow for it. I'll have mine since it basically lives in the truck.

You don't have to use all the magnifications! :) Unless the light is perfect, I can't see a .30 hole @200 yards, but it can help... especially if you have young eyes.

Indeed. We may have a bit more time to sight in than I plan on just really all depends on how many shooters actually show up. But we can figure all that out once everyone gets here. An then we can try an get those that need it squared away :yesway:.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    As far as the prone shooting goes, Ill be honest Im a bench rest shooter so Ive never even tried but I will say it may be difficult to see the backstop with how my range lays. But if those of you that want to try it an see if you can make it work I don't have a problem with it at all. Would just have to workout were each shooter would be vs those that shoot prone or on the bench or just have those that want to shoot prone pair up. But we can look at that when everyone gets here an go from there.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll leave the house at 9. That should get me there at 11 or before. looking forward to this! Im bringing rifle, ammo, eye and ear protection, some lunch, a chair and a mat in case prone works.

Do I need anything else?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Well, I'm up already heading out to my hike. I really hate that I'm missing this sgreen. I hope you guys have good time, I know you will. Steve is good people and a good host. I'd love to see this hosted again in the near future with another great turnout so I can join in.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm up and about, and planning on leaving around 10am which should put me there at about 10:45. Steve, if you need/want help setting up text me, my #'s in a PM...

Top Bottom