I think I may let the Howa make an appearance for at least a group or 2

Howa_zps1dysgzpd.jpg

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Correct, 6-24x50mm FFP mil/mil version. The MaTen has an SWFA 5-20x.

Very nice scope! If you don't mind, I may wish to look at it on Saturday. I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to this or if I like the HS-T. I've never used a SWFA but I've heard good things.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Very nice scope! If you don't mind, I may wish to look at it on Saturday. I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to this or if I like the HS-T. I've never used a SWFA but I've heard good things.

You might want to take a look at this thread; Alan at AA Optics has a SMOKING deal going on the HS-T....
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...275-fixed-power-scope-horus-type-reticle.html

ETA: It's my understanding that the HS-T and the PST share the same glass and turrets, but the HS-T lacks the illuminated reticle. I'll let you decide on Saturday if the illumination and extra magnifacation (depending on which PST you're considering) is worth the extra $$$. I will say that I don't use the illumination very often, but I tend to shoot in the day more than dawn or dusk.

I'd jump all over the HS-T for $650 if it were mil/mil instead of moa/moa, but that's totally based on how I learned. I don't think one is any better than the other.

Last edited:

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    You might want to take a look at this thread; Alan at AA Optics has a SMOKING deal going on the HS-T....
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...275-fixed-power-scope-horus-type-reticle.html

ETA: It's my understanding that the HS-T and the PST share the same glass and turrets, but the HS-T lacks the illuminated reticle. I'll let you decide on Saturday if the illumination and extra magnifacation (depending on which PST you're considering) is worth the extra $$$. I will say that I don't use the illumination very often, but I tend to shoot in the day more than dawn or dusk.

I'd jump all over the HS-T for $650 if it were mil/mil instead of moa/moa, but that's totally based on how I learned. I don't think one is any better than the other.

I've bought all of my Vortex optics from Alan. I probably would not use illumination either. I am use to moa but I'm new and teachable.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

If you're undecided on magnification, I'll be bringing a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50mm FFP moa/moa that you could compare.

I went with illumination and this magnification so that it could also be used for coyotes at night if needed.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I can't make that date but would love to. Dang neighborhood garage sale and the wifey has a two page list of what she wants me to put out. Please post up the results and some pictures. Sounds like a great time and my Weatherby is upset with me for not being able to go.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thanks! I'd like to see how it compares to my 4-16x50mm Crossfire II.

The PST will make the crossfire look like a $50 centerpoint special from wally. No dig on your stuff, the HS and PST are just that nice. I've got the standard 6.5-20x44mm Viper on my SPR. I really wanted the HS or PST but I was already in the build at $1600 w/o optic and was just about out of fun money. All I could get was the standard viper from Alan for $325. Maybe down the road I'll sell the standard and upgrade

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The PST will make the crossfire look like a $50 centerpoint special from wally. No dig on your stuff, the HS and PST are just that nice. I've got the standard 6.5-20x44mm Viper on my SPR. I really wanted the HS or PST but I was already in the build at $1600 w/o optic and was just about out of fun money. All I could get was the standard viper from Alan for $325. Maybe down the road I'll sell the standard and upgrade

Yea I like that Viper you have very nice glass for what you paid for it.

Top Bottom