• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well, I'm up already heading out to my hike. I really hate that I'm missing this sgreen. I hope you guys have good time, I know you will. Steve is good people and a good host. I'd love to see this hosted again in the near future with another great turnout so I can join in.

Thanks buddy! I hate your missing it also we will have to do it again this year also!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I had a great time! What a great group of guys and location. Sgreen3, again thank you so much got hosting the shoot. I hope I can make it the next time an invitation is offered.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Would you guys mind posting the results (so I know how much work I need to do!) and how you measured? I know you said you were measuring group size and then subtracting the bullet diameter but how'd you get group size? (ID/OD/"average"/etc.)

Pictures of targets would be awesome also. (Saw the shooter pics in the AAR but no targets.) Did anyone shoot any other position than off the bench?

I sure wish I could have been there. Really hoping to make it to your next one!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea we can post some of them up on the AAR thread. I'll get everyone to post their best one. Yes mammynun ended up shooting prone for a couple of his groups. What we did was measure the max OD to OD an the subtract the bullet an the divide by 2 (since we were shooting at 200yrds) an that will give you your MOA. So for instance if you posted a 5 shot group with your 308 rifle that measured an od to od of 2.356 you would subtract .308 that would be 2.048 an then divide by 2 for the distance shot in this case 200yrds which would be 1.024 moa.

Top Bottom