• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I can't watch the show anymore. Enjoyed the first few episodes. Where they remade the flame thrower for the WWII vet...very cool. But most of them are the owner just acting like a diva while building unusable crap. Sometime he acts like he is inventing something brand new when you know you have seen it before. It gets old very quickly. Stopped watching about halfway through season 1.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes I wonder how this guy got started. He seems to lean on his guys too much. He seems to know the weapons by name but at times dosen's seem to know how to fix them. I wonder if they'll ever get the quad MG42's working. They seem to have a feeding problem, and just this week I watched film on MG42's and every German I saw firing one had a guy feeding the belt. My guess is due to the 42's high rate of fire they'll never solve the problem cause they can't fit 4 guy in the mount to feed the belts. If we have a 42 owner here maybe he or she can enlighten us as to if I'm correct. Not a MG expert just very mechanicly inclined. :ar15:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Sometimes I wonder how this guy got started. He seems to lean on his guys too much. He seems to know the weapons by name but at times dosen's seem to know how to fix them. I wonder if they'll ever get the quad MG42's working. They seem to have a feeding problem, and just this week I watched film on MG42's and every German I saw firing one had a guy feeding the belt. My guess is due to the 42's high rate of fire they'll never solve the problem cause they can't fit 4 guy in the mount to feed the belts. If we have a 42 owner here maybe he or she can enlighten us as to if I'm correct. Not a MG expert just very mechanicly inclined. :ar15:

It seems that at a minimum, they could fabricate some kind of extended feed trays to hold the ammo more in-line with the gun. People fire their 42's and other belt-feds all the time without a second person. Part of the reason for the 2nd person in those WWII films, is because that's how a machine gun's crew was set up. They had someone to carry the gun, someone to carry the mount, sometimes a third person to carry ammo.

It seems like SoG has malfunctions as part of the "drama" of the show. They re-worked a 1919 belt-fed for some guy (on a tight deadline of course) and brought it out to the range on delivery day without testing it and of course it jammed. I think they feel that makes for more interesting television.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I tried watching a bit more, and defending some of the bs in the show before, but they continue to create junk that doesn't even interest the gun community, and over dramatize every thing. I think I'm done watching now.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My feelings are right on par with the rest of you. The guns for the most part are entertaining, however the "reality tv" bull-**** gets really old. One thing I do like about the show is it introduces Joe Public to the legal world of NFA, a territory most think is illegal and unobtainable.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Any show in this day and age that shows people working with their hands and utilizing machine tools is great.

Except I wonder how often a Dewalt cordless drill is used in the production of firearms. Every other cut shot of Vince shows him drilling away on something with a Dewalt. =) Seems like they'd have better tools for this.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I liked the product placement CRC can of grease. Two different angles and yet the can was right there in the midst.

Yeah they make some stupid stuff, they already have too many personal segments, but it is kind of fun to see some of the items and it is definitely fun to watch the shoots.

Last season with the gator stick... couldn't you just buy a Taurus Judge? Then it isn't an NFA item and you get more than one shot at a time. Never hunter alligator before, maybe that is a rule or something.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Except I wonder how often a Dewalt cordless drill is used in the production of firearms. Every other cut shot of Vince shows him drilling away on something with a Dewalt. =) Seems like they'd have better tools for this.
    Hey! I have a Dewalt drill....I got it real cheap. I used it to fix the Swiss movement on my watch.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Oh yeah, btw one of the best episodes has to be when they took the handlebars off the motorcycle and turned it into the firing mechanism for the belt fed machine gun.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh yeah, btw one of the best episodes has to be when they took the handlebars off the motorcycle and turned it into the firing mechanism for the belt fed machine gun.
    See, that's just it, I don't really see how gun owners could, or would want to identify with that kind of stuff. I don't really care what some douche bag with unlimited funds can do with a firearm and a motorcycle. Yeah, the suppressed stuff is cool, but no thanks, I'll stick with WASR 10s.

Top Bottom