• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Oh, China has launched a re-furbished carrier, which they didn't even build, with pilots that have little to no carrier experience. Not to mention they don't even have the ability or know how to do carrier strike force operations. Welcome to the 70's China, call me when they hit 1990's technology and ability.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I didn't read all of the posts, just the first...but a very realistic threat that I forsee as the highest possibility is a massive earthquake/volcanic eruption.....underneath Yellowstone National park is a supervolcano...this volcano is MASSIVE.....the lava pit that rests underneath it has been more accurately measured lately to be around 200 miles deep and around 400 miles wide...the geological history of this volcano shows that the eruptions of it occur on average around every 500,000 years and it has been about 640,000 years since it's last major eruption....the last time it blew it was with the force of about 2500 times that of Mt St. helens in 1980, it sent around 250 CUBIC miles of rock into the atmosphere and ash up to 1 foot deep over 1000 miles away ...if this thing was to blow it would have a huge effect on even us in IN and it has been increasingly gaining attention of USGS and the government and it has been having an increasing number of small earthquakes in the area......

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Obama returnists after he is defeated in 2012.....they will go crazy.......

Hmmm... I may take the day after election day off. I'll either be celebrating Obama's defeat, and avoiding the possible riots, or I'll be crying in my scotch that he was able to get reelected.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The normal stuff...

fire, flood, high winds, tornados, big trees falling, horses getting out, drought, accidents, earthquake, crazy neighbor, liberals, economic stuff, less concerned about asteroids, nuclear problems, invasion or bird flu......................

Unexpected mother in law visits test my preps.......

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Kind of like Judgement Day - we're all going to get there, just maybe not all at the same time. Any day YOUR preps may be tested by a tree falling or a weather event, even if no one else's are. And, like Judgement Day, if you are not ready now, you probably won't be ready then.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    If you want to know what S will HTF just look at London.All the welfare types will go nuts if Obama is defeated. Unlike London [and Chicago] the shopkeepers here can defend
    themselves.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    images

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was going to suggest that anyone interested in finding out what hazards your local officials plan for should check with their local emergency management officials, but apparently we now only have 'Homeland Security' and the Hazard Annex is classified - not for release to the public.

This is typical of the 'Homeland Security' mindset as opposed to the 'Emergency Management' mindset.

As of 2002, the Hazards in Marion County were, in no particular order: (and as best as I can remember)
    Tornado
    Flood
    Conflagration (massive fires)
    Civil Disturbance
    Earthquake
    Mass Casualty Incident
    Hazardous Materials Incident
    Epidemic/Biohazard Incident
    Hazardous Winter Weather/Blizzard
    Excessive Cold/Heat

I'd have to try to find my copy of the Emergency Management Plan to be certain, but I think that pretty much covers it for Indianapolis/Marion County and it should be pretty good for the rest of the state as well.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Indiana is a pretty strong state.....indiana SHTF?
    most foreseeable crisis, in another great recession or depression, state runs out of funds for food stamps and unemployment benefits. That could be an issue if the depression ran deep for a long period of time.

Not to much else, except for yellowstone blowing or an asteroid strike.....?
    realistically, indiana is pretty strong economically and structurally.
    ...tornadoes and earthquakes...nah, indiana's tougher than that.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Every county in the state is responsible for creating and maintaining a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, to be reviewed every 6 months. These are threat, risk and vulnerability assessments and plans compiled by EMA (Emergency Management Agency,) local authorities, and private sector assets to formulate a response to emergencies in your area. The y have already done an in-depth review of your AO and specific threats.

The best place to start in making preparations is to go to your county's EMA website and review the CEMP. As Blackhawk2001 said, some parts contain sensitive information about critical infrastructure/key resources (CI/KR,) medical assets, security protocols and other elements that are not published so as to maintain the security of those plans. The last thing you want is specific CI/KR intelligence floating around and basically handing it over to Mr. Mujahideen.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Every county in the state is responsible for creating and maintaining a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, to be reviewed every 6 months. These are threat, risk and vulnerability assessments and plans compiled by EMA (Emergency Management Agency,) local authorities, and private sector assets to formulate a response to emergencies in your area. The y have already done an in-depth review of your AO and specific threats.

The best place to start in making preparations is to go to your county's EMA website and review the CEMP. As Blackhawk2001 said, some parts contain sensitive information about critical infrastructure/key resources (CI/KR,) medical assets, security protocols and other elements that are not published so as to maintain the security of those plans. The last thing you want is specific CI/KR intelligence floating around and basically handing it over to Mr. Mujahideen.

I certainly don't advocate handing out OPSEC info, or even object to classifying certain hazards, but the general Hazards Analysis Annex should be available to the Public. Operational checklists don't need to be public knowledge, either, but the community hazards certainly should be, and in the case of hazardous materials, are REQUIRED to be made available to the public by federal law.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My biggest concerns are the growing economic woes of our country. Seeing either martial law instated or a government shutdown where police are nonexistent are some of my biggest fears. Places like Detroit and Chicago are beginning to see this.

I also fear the polarity of the nation right now. I dont think America has been this divided since the race riots or perhaps earlier. You have this animosity between the haves and the have nots/ entitled. People used to look up to those who were wealthy/ successful. Now they despise them because they are jealous. This Occupy movement seems fragile at best, but if times get worst and it gains greater traction, it could be an issue. Imagine if it got out of control and the US people ask for more govt control to shut it down. Similar to how after 9-11 people demanded to give up our basic liberties.

Top Bottom