So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I got there around 8:30 this morning and enjoyed not walking into a mad house.:yesway: I stopped by the 21st table (pre-INGO) and picked up a CMMG lower and a lpk. Also picked up a UTG 4 position stock and a new 6 cell mag lite to replace the one that was stolen. I was tempted to slide the card on an upper but decided to wait. 2 buddies went with me; 1 bought an 8 shot 22 mag Tauras and the other bought a Tauras Judge. I was all set to buy a G2G Glock but after looking at them for about 5 seconds I decided to pass.:noway:

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I passed up a kahr 9mm at the 21st century table(I knew it was a mistake when I did not get it right off the bat), then decided to go back and get it if it was still there wich it was not:ugh:. So i just ended up leaving with a couple scopes and some jerky. On the upside since I didnt spend all my money on a gun I was able to treat my father and I to some red lobster on the way home.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a Schrade assisted opening knife...

I thought the Plainfield Shooting Supply booth had great prices. I almost bought a Like-New Kel-Tec P-11 there for $199. I walked away to think about it and of course it was gone about 10 minutes later.

I also thought the DM lower looked nice. I like the plain one the best, but I didn't think the logo looked too bad.

I was bummed the INGO booth wasn't set up on Friday. I was planning to pick up a Winter Cap. I'll get one next time...

Overall I thought the prices were higher than last time but a good mix of stuff.

Last edited:

PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I Picked up a scope and some LeveRevolution ammo for my deer rifle, and a nice leather concealable holster for my XDsc. I met BillofRights at the INGO table then ran into Fenway, Scutter and Spasmo. I was also outed as a possible gun owner by PrintCraft, but managed to keep my cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Going back this morning to pick up a few good deals offered to me. Main one is a Glock for the GF.

I will say this, if you were looking for a used/base shotgun, they were there to be had. I directed a few people yesterday to some good buys. Any used shotgun I handled dealers came off the price without me even saying a word.

That being said, I expect the January show may be prime for some good deals on used guns. I have my "targets" marked. Does ARDysfunction have his bluing tank running yet?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My best deal

The best deal I got was that I didn't go. Two weeks ago, I was looking online for a Contender barrel in .17 Fireball and found that Match Grade Machine makes them and they were scheduled to be at the show. I emailed them and asked if they might have one at the 1500. Thought I'd be able to look their stuff over and save shipping costs (which, of course, would have been offset by parking and admission fees). They replied that they had a 24" barrel with 1:9 twist in stock if that interested me. If I wanted a different length or twist, they would make it and have it by show time. I advised them the barrel would be perfect and asked if they would hold it for me at the show. They said, rather than holding it at the 1500, they would ship it for FREE and throw in a scope base which lists for $40 on their website. I actually placed the order on Friday the 16th and the barrel was on my porch Wednesday the 21st. The show came to me! :rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I got searched by officer A-Hole when I asked him what the point of me removing my bullets from my mag was. His reply was so that we don't load our guns and accidentally shoot ourselves in the bathroom, my reply was what is the orange wire tie for then. For my logical observation he decided that I needed searched, he seemed really upset that he couldn't find anything to arrest me for. Guess he hasn't read the constitution he swore to defend.

I always wonder why COPS cant seem to understand why we the general population think they are a bunch of jerks.

One word,ATTITUDE!

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I got sidetracked last time, but I stayed focused this time.......

1973 Series 70 Colt Commander... The gun is in excellent shape, the price was right, and now I can quit looking for one. :rockwoot:

Commander.jpg

Beautiful Colt and a great find !
    (It is a pre-80 Series, however. ;) )

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Beautiful Colt and a great find !
    (It is a pre-80 Series, however. ;) )

Yeah, well, I haven't correctly posted any pics of anything I own that someone hasn't disagreed with, so why should this be any different?

I guess I should have learned from the first go-round.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I have been thinking about buying one for myself. I am a CZ guy and never liked plastic guns, but everybody is telling me how good they are ...

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I have been thinking about buying one for myself. I am a CZ guy and never liked plastic guns, but everybody is telling me how good they are ...

I'm a CZ guy myself, but it's a little on the large and heavy side. I'm looking at a KAHR for regular day carry.

Top Bottom