So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    P32

Well the deal for me was this P32. Found it on a table very dirty with $135 on it offered him $120 and walked away with it. After a major clean it turned out ok. I have had one of these in the past but had issues so I will keep the figures crossed that this one works out better for me.

p32.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up some small pistol primers on Friday only to find the box was full of large pistol primers. Not a problem though, as I can use an extra brick of those too. I found a nice set of Lee .380 dies for $27 and a box of 500 100g jacketed .380 slugs for $46. I went back on Saturday and got more small pistol primers (this time, they actually were small pistol primers) and an INGO hat.

I was looking for a Bersa 380cc, but did not see a single one at the show. Lots of Thunder 380s both 7 and 15 round versions for good prices, but no CCs. I was tempted by a WASR-10 for $390 but passed in the end. I thought about going back today, but had lost the Sunday stub of the 3-day pass and ended up spending the time loading 200 rounds of .380 (at about 14 cents per round).

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Picked up a Tactical Innovations T15BDX lower from 21st, never thought I would have a billet lower until I saw this model. :)

I knew I wanted one, but didn't think there would be any at the show. I am glad I saw it.
    . Now I need the STBA kit for it.

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Sold a norinco sks and remington model 700 in 270 win.
    Bought a s&w 1000 series shotgun but had to sell it due to carrying it around and having people offering me 50 bucks more than I bought it for.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I got a cool little knife that isn't that much use today but on the night of 5 June 1944 it would have been handy to throw in my jump jacket in case I got hung up in a tree!!! :rockwoot:

This one isn't mine but it looks just like it.

M2knife.jpg

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got 150 rds of S&B .30 carbine, and 50 rds of HP's for just under $100. Not great as mentioned earlier, but saved me about $50 over buying local. Grabbed a couple 50 rd boxes of Gold Dot 124 gr for $60, and a bottle of FP-10 to try for $9. Was tempted by the 91/30's for $95 plus the accoutrements that you'll never use, but they looked pretty rough. Some guy had the xm193 ammo listed here Federal XM193AF for $359, while somebody else one aisle over had the same stuff for over $400. Made me LOL :):

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Got my knives sharpened

First stop is always to get the knives sharpened. I mostly go just to check out the new gadjets anymore. Ammo prices pretty much suck, you can get some really good deals on knives if you know what your looking for. The thing I appreciate is you can check out and handle the guns your interested in then look online when you get home. Where was the Ghillie suit maker?

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Yeah, well, I haven't correctly posted any pics of anything I own that someone hasn't disagreed with, so why should this be any different?

I guess I should have learned from the first go-round.

The posting of the pic is fine and it's not a disagreement with me. Colt didn't make a Series 70 Commander. The original Commander didn't have a "Series 80" system (firing pin block safety system,) or a "Series 70" collet (finger) bushing and "Accurizer" barrel. The bushing and the barrel is what made the Government length models (5" barrel) a "Series 70". If you find that offensive you will have to blame Colt. :dunno:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    The posting of the pic is fine and it's not a disagreement with me. Colt didn't make a Series 70 Commander. The original Commander didn't have a "Series 80" system (firing pin block safety system,) or a "Series 70" collet (finger) bushing and "Accurizer" barrel. The bushing and the barrel is what made the Government length models (5" barrel) a "Series 70". If you find that offensive you will have to blame Colt. :dunno:

You're absolutely correct. If there's anything further you think I need to know, please don't hesitate to bring it up.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    You're absolutely correct. If there's anything further you think I need to know, please don't hesitate to bring it up.

My comments were offered as information only. After owning, buying and selling numerous Colt 1911s, I found it was in my best interest to know exactly what they were so as to not overpay or get scammed. If this is not of any concern to you, then just ignore it.

Last edited:

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Well I got one of those uber cool INGO winter caps and met billofrights - nice meeting you bill. I also became a site supporter. The 21st Century guys were busy, so I didn't get to talk with them. Got to look at the DM Machine lower. It looked really nice. The logo is not too bad, but I preferred the plain one.

I stumbled onto the Good To Go booth. Had no intention of ever owning a Glock, but the price made me stop and look (that and my son has wanted me to get one for a long time). A lot of them were pretty worn cosmetically, but I did find one with night sights that looked really good. If it has ever been fired, It was very very little. There is some very light wear at the muzzle end on the sharp edges, but even that is minor. The guts of it look dang near new. So I bought it. I'll post another thread with some pictures as soon as I take them. Nothing like an impulse buy on a gun.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Picked up ammo, but weren't what I would consider killer deals, but not bad.

Picked up some gunsmithing tools.

However I have to say I was a little disappointed in that I couldn't find any go no-go gauges there at all.

My father did pick up a decent No.5 jungle carbine though. That was one of the better prices.

Acme, who I visit regularly had several good deals on rifles. They always have been square with me in their shop anyhow. I will have to stop in at their place to see if one of those deals survived the show. :)

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I came REAL CLOSE to grabbing an SVT40 that was over in the far wing. Only hitch was I didn't have that much cash on hand and I could tell it was a private sale.... plus I figured I don't really know enough about them just yet to be able to discern a terd from a plum. But man oh man did I want that one!

Instead I went over to Jack's Stuff and bought a couple of "project" pistols. A Norinco 54-1 missing its magazine (already had one in the family I just need to get mailed to me) and a Spanish knock-off of a S&W 38 special with a lot of cool markings. Was labeled as "broken" but ya know I can't really see what's so wrong with it. OH well.. I'll get it "blessed" by a Minister of Blue Steel and fill it with rat shot loads. :-)

They have a couple more I might grab if they're still there in January, but man I really need to get hoppin on finding the right SVT40 and filling up a wallet with enough cash to bring it home next time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Both primary and secondary missions fulfilled!

1. Fixed T.U. Rock River Carbine that looks like I have pulled it behind a truck (actually just a bunch of carbine classes). The guys at JT fixed it right up (new stock, new pin, new flash suppressor, inter alia).

2. Traded my Smith M37 for a M38. Don't like the fishhook hammer on the 37 (snag prone), but I got into the 37 right so the trade was well worth it.

I also snagged some lube, CCI Stingers and some regular high velocity .22lr, Federal, flashlights (the new version of the Streamlight Thunder Ranch on sale for only $60), large pistol primers, and a few books.

Also bought some of that Strike Hold dry lube. That stuff really works as I field tested it at Eagle Creek on Sunday.

My deal of the show were the flashlights, $40.00 off!!! I got three, two of which I will give as Christmas gifts.:D

Top Bottom