So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I got me a Commander this time.....

I got sidetracked last time, but I stayed focused this time.......

1973 Colt Commander... The gun is in excellent shape, the price was right, and now I can quit looking for one. :rockwoot:

Commander.jpg

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Went with my son.

J-frame for the wifey to carry. A couple military history books. Crossbow. Met lots of nice people.

My son picked up some stripper clips for Mosin rounds.

The prize of the day: we each got an INGO winter hat and a chat with Fenway.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I went looking for a good price on an A1 upper or a 20" bbl, and found neither.

Instead, I got a CMMG .22lr conversion kit from J&T for $135.00

3 new USGI Beretta 92 mags, also from J&T for $12 ea.

2 black PMAGs (no window) from the "CLIPS & MAGS" guy for $13.95 ea

2 DSG 30 round mags, grey no-tilt follower, $10 ea.

INGO Tacticool Bodyheat Retention device, made of 100% Precision CNC'd Billet Turbo Acrylic, $15

And to top it all off, I got to meet and talk with BillofRights and a number of other INGO members whose screennames I have forgotten already. It was a pleasure to meet all of you, regardless!

:ingo:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Went around 1pm today, and was pleasantly surprised to not find a line to get in. Wasn't overly crowded, and was able to walk around without major backups.

I was on a recon trip for tomorrow, when I will be taking a friend and my Dad to buy their first handguns :):. Ammo seemed pretty high. Made made my way to see Fenway and got a Tactical INGO hat, couple of stickers and finally paid to become a site supporter :ingo:.

Prices on handguns seemed to be about the same as the last time I went (January 2009), at least the ones I was looking at. I did manage to find lpp for $60/1,000 :noway:, I laughed and walked away.

I did not see any good deals on complete uppers, so if someone did, please let me know. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and I am sure it will be, with two new gun owners to boot.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I got a bunch of stuff but didnt get the main thing I went for (glock 22 from tactical 2 go) 1000 wolf large pistol primers 38.00$, XD 40 sub compact don hume iwb holster 25.00$ 401 lee bullet mold 18.95$ ,lee sizer.401 13.95$, 10 rd 1911 mag 24.95$, 9mm ammo aguila hp 13.95$ couple of other odds & ends but great show overall.Meet bill of rights at the ingo /21st century table as well

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I got sidetracked last time, but I stayed focused this time.......

1973 Series 70 Colt Commander... The gun is in excellent shape, the price was right, and now I can quit looking for one. :rockwoot:

Commander.jpg

Beautiful colt Jay!! I saw a couple today at very nice prices and was really wishing I had the money!!

I took my uncle today, he's been wanting to buy a pistol and a shotgun for home defense. But he can't afford a whole lot. Right now he's trying to decide between a Ruger P95 9mm from Indy Trading Post, or a Bersa thunder9 pro that AAC had. He really liked both and almost walked out of there buying the ruger, lol. But then also talked to Indy Trading Post about a shotgun, so he will prob be going in and making a order at the store in person.

Along the way I swung by the 21st Century table and drooled over a couple guns there I wanted, Mostly the Oly arms K16, and there was a 9mm I was looking at that I liked as well, I think it was a FNP9 if I remember right. Stopped by the INGO table and met Bill of Rights and bought a INGO winter hat, a couple stickers, and a bacon patch!

But before we left I bought an ATI shotshell holder to put on my ATI top folding stock on my mossberg mav 88. Then stopped by the big booth for clips/mags and bought a Chip McCormic 8 rd mag, a Kimber 8 rd mag, and one Wilson 8 rd mag. Now I can do some testing and see which ones work best in my Springfield 1911 loaded SS V12 since it seems to be picky. I saw lots of stuff I would of loved to buy, but didn't have enough money. But I still think that when I get the money I'll prob be heading up to 21st century for a couple purchases. :D

And BTW I carried into the show as well, just had it unloaded and all mags put away when I handed the officer my gun. And just as always no probs whatsoever.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Good luck with that.

Last time I went, officer A-hole gave me the attitude for still having the rounds in my mag while still in line. Tried arguing that that made it a loaded gun, even though the chamber was empty. And here I thought that I was going the extra mile by handing him the handgun with the slide locked back and breech end toward him. Guess you can't make everyone happy all the time...

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bought a Taurus 709 slim for my new carry piece from 21st century. Some target ammo and a IWB holster. Couldn't find any good 9mm self defense rounds though, all the 9mm seemed to be picked over pretty well by the time I got there.

jnice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    bought a bushmaster complete upper h-bar 16 inbarrel and carring handle. seams price haven't gone up on them:ar15:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Good luck with that.

Last time I went, officer A-hole gave me the attitude for still having the rounds in my mag while still in line. Tried arguing that that made it a loaded gun, even though the chamber was empty. And here I thought that I was going the extra mile by handing him the handgun with the slide locked back and breech end toward him. Guess you can't make everyone happy all the time...
    I wonder if it was the same officer A-Hole...or if he has family in the biz? You know those A-Holes...they are all alike. :):

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Went today for a few hours. Didnt have any issues at the handgun check point. Put mag in pocket before I got there. I tried to hand the officer my handgun, but he said "I just need to put this in the barrel". He put the zip tie on while I held it. No problem there.

Didnt buy anything special. Walked the entire thing and came out with a *nice* stock for my M1 carbine, and a decent handguard. A couple of german ak74 mags, couple boxes of 7.5x55 swiss ammo, and the deal of the day (for me anyway) was a tin of 5.45x39 for $145 out the door. Best price Ive seen anywhere for a while, with no tax and no shipping.

I ran into Bill of Rights at the INGO table, it was nice talking to you Bill!

After that I had an hour to hit up a place Ive been wanting to go for a while, Papa Roux!!!!!! Let me tell you, that place right there was worth the entire trip! One of the best cajun places Ive ever eaten at. I had a shrimp Po-Boy, and all the sides I could eat! :) Good stuff, Ill definitely be back there!

Im debating right now on going back tomorrow to pick up some more ak74 mags, but I dont know if the gas money, entrance fee, parking fee, and time would make it worth it.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I went back today, and took a lady from my church small group and her daughter. It was her first gun show, and she hadn't shot anything since high school (about 17 years ago). She's looking at getting a handgun for home defense, so it was quite a learning experience for her.

Of course we had to meet a guy at one table who instantly wanted to point her towards revolvers just because she's a woman. :rolleyes: She was a piano player, and has large hands/long fingers, and needs something that feels comfortable in her hands. My goal was for her to pick up and handle as many styles as possible to see what feels comfortable, not be steered towards a revolver, "Because it's easier to use, hon," as the guy behind the table tried to tell her. I later heard the same guy pointing a older man towards the Glocks for self defense!

So by the end of the show, what did she end up liking the best? 1911 style .45. :rockwoot: Good tastes 1, sexist advice 0.

For myself, I picked up a speed loader for my S&W .32, and then made my way over to the INGO table. I paid to be a site supporter and met Bill of Rights, and later stopped back by, met Fenway, and picked up a black ball cap.

Top Bottom