So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rev19:11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Good2Go Tactical booth also had a number of Mossberg 590A1s (18.5 in barrel) for $269 that were apparently police trade-ins. The guy behind the table said they most likely spent most of their time in cruisers and weren't abused (on the inside, anyway). I spoke with a few guys admiring them and we found something interesting...

The guns seemed to be 'pieced' together. The trigger guards were park'd, but the receivers seemed blued, and the mag tubes/barrels were kind of greenish.

I don't mean to discredit Good2Go Tactical, especially since a lot of guys on here have good things to say about them, but I did find it a bit odd that the guns were a patchwork of colors. It wasn't just normal wear and tear. It really looked like a metal trigger guard was slapped on a blued receiver. I thought the 590A1 was totally parked from the factory, but I'm no expert.

Anyone else see these shotguns and/or have any insight as to why they looked like that?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK so I went.............took $100 cash and whatever change I had in my pocket, daughter and boyfriend wanted to go too, other daughters kid my grandoughter I couldn't leave home alone, so after everyone got off work, down I-69 at rush hour and Binford blvd we went, lady parking ticket called me "Honey", and I spent my 1st $3, parked in the north 40 and walked to the show through horse **** alley, where it was only $26 at the door cause I had my $1 off card and they let my six year old G kid in free. Walked whole show, found a IZZY 5.45x39 plum 30 rd mag for $17, stuck it in the bottom of the box to come back for later. Saw my ol friend Tiit, he had a chinese AK cleaning kit and green plastic oil btl for $2, next room KOKOMO DAVE gave the G Kid a MT DEW which she finished in no time crushed the can, and tossed it. Guy (I forgot his name) with all the AK parts gave me a AKM upper handguard retainer free as he said he felt sorry for anyone wearing a "MICHIGAN" shirt. Then two AKM Romanian cleaning kits cost another $10, six boxes of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 at best I could find $5.25 a box was $32 w/tax. A $10 box of 20 30-06 rifle rounds, and I had a $1 left, went back and dug out the Izzy mag, gave G kid my last buck and she bought six chocolate TURTLES as we went out the door.

Usual crowd, jam packed with the residents of Hooterville, and I fit right in. Amo way to high, guns way to high, for me anyway Good to Go Tactical in middle of middle room I think, about 20-30 Glocks under display glass all $325 +tax, used LEO trade ins 1 mag, U-Pick.......all G-22 .40's, G-17 9mm full size Glocks no mid size or baby glocks....what you see is what you get I got two (G-22's) last show for me and my boy, so I was only window shopping last night, some looked OK, some chewed up, what do you expect from un refurbished duty guns? I shoulda got a G-17 I guess, but nah.............if you get one check mag capacity before you buy, some mags are 10 rdr's in their used Glocks and you want to exchange it for a 15-17 rd mag before you walk away.
    Anyway hand pick and expect to get what you get...........
    wished I had picked up an AKM stripped buttstock for $5, but they mostly were chewed and carved up, so it would have been sandpaper time.

By the way anybody get a GTG used Glock, I think I read some one got a used G-17, and as I said I got a couple G-22's but that was last show.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    The Good2Go Tactical booth also had a number of Mossberg 590A1s (18.5 in barrel) for $269 that were apparently police trade-ins. The guy behind the table said they most likely spent most of their time in cruisers and weren't abused (on the inside, anyway). I spoke with a few guys admiring them and we found something interesting...

The guns seemed to be 'pieced' together. The trigger guards were park'd, but the receivers seemed blued, and the mag tubes/barrels were kind of greenish.

I don't mean to discredit Good2Go Tactical, especially since a lot of guys on here have good things to say about them, but I did find it a bit odd that the guns were a patchwork of colors. It wasn't just normal wear and tear. It really looked like a metal trigger guard was slapped on a blued receiver. I thought the 590A1 was totally parked from the factory, but I'm no expert.

Anyone else see these shotguns and/or have any insight as to why they looked like that?

this was my experience. the guns were in horrible condition. i am sure that glock would replace/rectify any issues that might occur, but it wasnt worth it to me. and i really really wanted to buy a gun yesterday....:(

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Plainfield did have a used 1st gen 21 with a bunch of mags that was in excellent condition for $500 though.

Hmmm.... that could have been bought on here for $425-$450 earlier in the week.... :dunno:

Instead of out in the tree stand or at the 1500 I'm home with a couple of ill kids.... hopefully they wont pass it on to me. Doesnt sound like Im missing much though....

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    this was my experience. the guns were in horrible condition. i am sure that glock would replace/rectify any issues that might occur, but it wasnt worth it to me. and i really really wanted to buy a gun yesterday....:(

I agree as well. I got a great G19 from them last show almost like new. This show they had very worn guns. Nothing that I would call a deal. I would spend the extra and get a nice one or shot $469 for a NIB sounds like a great deal.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I agree as well. I got a great G19 from them last show almost like new. This show they had very worn guns. Nothing that I would call a deal. I would spend the extra and get a nice one or shot $469 for a NIB sounds like a great deal.

Perhaps some dealers are waiting for Sunday to put out their very nice ones. They could be trying to clear out their trash first.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    there was a distributor to the right of the 21st century guys. Cheapest prices at the 1500 imho. I bought a brand new glock 27 with night sights $509+ tax.
    They had a brand new glock 27 with regular sights for $469. Great to deal with.

Also bought some Strike Hold gun cleaner/lubricant. Stuff works pretty well. Definitely want to stop by the Glock Doctor (if you are a glock fan). Very knowledgeable guy and friendly. Seemed to have good prices as well.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I picked up 50rnds of 45acp Speer Gold Dot for 30 bucks. I paid 26.99+tax a few weeks back for 20rnds, so I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I also picked up some 45acp Winchester Ranger that I probably paid too much for, but I don't care because I can't buy it online anywhere. Should have picked up the other box too, but had to get some 30-06 ammo.

Rev19:11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    this was my experience. the guns were in horrible condition. :(

Agreed. I thought I had stumbled onto a great find for about 5 seconds. Then realized things weren't as they seemed. I'm still looking for a 20" 590A1.

I DID, however, end up with a GORGEOUS 1943 Mosin-Nagant M38 following me home. Matching numbers, beautiful stock. Bought 440 rds of 7.62x54r in a tin, too. Can't wait to shoot it. I've been looking for one for a while!
    :rockwoot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well Rev, you want to see hell fire and brimstone, wait till you touch off that Nagant!!!

Some Mossberg parts are blued steel, some painted aluminum, could be the color differences you note.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    ankle holster for my J-frame, 100rds .45 FMJ, 2 pmags, and a shirt. I didnt sell my saiga .308 so didnt buy any new hardware :cowbell:

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    I got searched by officer A-Hole when I asked him what the point of me removing my bullets from my mag was. His reply was so that we don't load our guns and accidentally shoot ourselves in the bathroom, my reply was what is the orange wire tie for then. For my logical observation he decided that I needed searched, he seemed really upset that he couldn't find anything to arrest me for. Guess he hasn't read the constitution he swore to defend.

I always wonder why COPS cant seem to understand why we the general population think they are a bunch of jerks.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    NIB Springfield M1A Standard, Mossy Oak Synthetic Stock W/Butt Plate Compartment.

20RND Mag, 2 Each

7.62 NATO, 60 Each

After Showing the neighbor the new girl, he dug out a large stash of Israel 7.62 and handed me a few boxes.

I guess the M4 gear I gave him last year did well for me.

Last edited:

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Glock 19 and Bersa 380 purchased a fair price but mostly happy to find both at the same booth ,,really crowded hard to really enjoy at look around to see anything else. I'll go back next time and try for more...

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    my first 1500 was in 2000 when we moved from chicago my dad and I went twice a year till I graduated high school. I got an ar from midwest last January. This was my first one being 21, I didnt get any handguns yesterday, I did pick up a new ak grip and a knife. We will see what happens tomorrow and hopefully I will get to the INGO table since it wasnt there yesterday! those almonds ALWAYS smell so good i might get my first batch tomorrow too

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Sold my Arisaka, bought the SW MP15-22 from Bob at PSS for $430 OTD.

I was looking at the Ruger SR-22, the Colt/Umarex, and the SW MP15-22 but ended up getting the MP15-22. The Ruger and Remington rifles are great .22LR rifles that have a tactical look to them but they are still far from an AR type construction. The Colt, while being outwardly the closest to resemble an AR, has many issues with it. It has a thin barrel with a barrel shroud that resembles the step AR barrel. The trigger is non-standard and cannot be replaced with current AR aftermarket parts. The bolt does not hold open and the bolt catch does not even operate, though it is there for looks sake. Takedown of the bolt requires a tool and removal of the barrel. I also hear the trigger sucks on the Colt. The SW however, retains the exact operation of the AR, including bolt hold open on the last round, safety, a very good trigger that can be exchanged with any aftermarket trigger, and a Center/Thompson medium contour barrel that is super accurate. The buffer tube, while permanently part of the lower and made of polymer, is mil-spec size and will accept any buttstock you want to put on it. The upper and lower are polymer, and not at all a cheap polymer either. The SW also allows aftermarket pistol grips too, which the Colt cannot. The only issue I have heard is that grips with a large back strap (like the Magpul MOE) leave a gap between the lower and the grip. Not a huge gap I am told, but it is there.

I then found a Tango Down short vertical grip and wondered over to the URBAN E.R.T. area to get a sling and find a way to get an adapter on it, and because they hadn't had a chance to adapt the weapon yet they gave me a discount if I let them take some pics with a sling on it for their website. Great guys with a great set of products.

Very happy with this 1500!!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Today was awesome. Found the INGO table and chatted with INGO's own Bill of Rights - who sold me on the Appleseed rilfe program. I also met the veritable and always humorous Scutter, as well as the lovely Scutterina. I took in a Savage 64, got a decent deal on a trade-in and walked out with a Kel-Tec SU-22! $100 under MSRP. I am happy with the deal I got. :ingo:

su22-closed.jpg

su22-open.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got searched by officer A-Hole when I asked him what the point of me removing my bullets from my mag was. His reply was so that we don't load our guns and accidentally shoot ourselves in the bathroom, my reply was what is the orange wire tie for then. For my logical observation he decided that I needed searched, he seemed really upset that he couldn't find anything to arrest me for. Guess he hasn't read the constitution he swore to defend.

I always wonder why COPS cant seem to understand why we the general population think they are a bunch of jerks.

In all the times I'veever carried to the show (including today), I've NEVER been asked to remove bullets from my mag.

You just need to walk up with the mag in your pocket and hand them your pistol with the slide locked back, with the the lone exception that if you are looking for holsters to ask if they put it on loose for you.
    It'll save you from getting the :n00b: look.

That said, came away with some good buys.

Picked up a new quad rail, buying both raised and flat covers for it.
    Sling swivel for the rail.
    Coastal LED Lensor flashlight rated at 430 lumens with a variable lens, works off of 4 AA batteries +1 on that!
    Don Hume OWB holster for my Taurus 809, all INGO users who have the 800 seried pistols, the Springfield XD model fits it just perfect.

Stopped by and seen Fenway and Bill of Rights and bought another INGO windows sticker and a INGO Bacon tacticool patch.

Pleasant spending spree, now I just need to keep the Mrs from finding out about the $$'s I spent.:scared:

Top Bottom