• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As of 03:00, it sure looks like Indy will be rain only. Michigan will be dumped on.

I probably won't go in later today.
    Screenshot_20220202-031658.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As of 03:00, it sure looks like Indy will be rain only. Michigan will be dumped on.

I probably won't go in later today.
    View attachment 179227
    Forecast (10:00 PM) showed rain all day with 1” of snow.
    Thursday was supposed to be 5” to 8” of snow on top of the ice snow.
    Will be interesting to see.
    Regardless you be safe out there BT

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I can feel it, coming in the air tonight...
    giphy.gif

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just arrived in KC from Jeffersonville.

Between St.Louis and Columbia it was white out conditions. Looked like the hi way of death cars and trucks everywhere.
    I have driven that stretch of I70 in what by northern Indiana standards would be called a moderate snow storm. Maybe 3-5" over 5-6 hours. It took us 6 hours to go from STL to Columbia. Not a single snowplow to be found. Like you said, cars and trucks in the ditch everywhere.

We stopped in Columbia and got a hotel room. On the plus side, the Drury's Inn had a free beer/wine and tacos happy hour that started just as we were checking in.

The next morning at 6am, I-70 was clear like it never even snowed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wabash right now around 39F and rain.....now saying snow around 11 am.....global warming killing it. Heard it was snowing good in Goshen though.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_686.jpeg
      fullsizeoutput_686.jpeg
      122 KB · Views: 3

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Heard it was snowing good in Goshen though.
    It was a dim lights only kinda drive this morning from Wakarusa to Elkhart. Snowing pretty good. Roads were a slushy, sloppy, slippery mess.

The large contingent of trailer factory workers headed south down SR19 were way off their normal 70MPH pace. Down to more like 20-25MPH.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It was a dim lights only kinda drive this morning from Wakarusa to Elkhart. Snowing pretty good. Roads were a slushy, sloppy, slippery mess.

The large contingent of trailer factory workers headed south down SR19 were way off their normal 70MPH pace. Down to more like 20-25MPH.
    Working in a factory all my life I'm guessing with 30" of snow and -90 below those guys will have to work tomorrow also, LOL. I worked a place and everyone in town shut down at 10am and sent people home. We had to stay until 1pm...made it half way home before getting stuck in deep snow and walked the rest of the way. After that I took my own snow days and stayed home.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Just now transitioning here from rain to snow/sleet just north of 74 on the western edge of the state.
    I am just south of you in Eugene, about 10 miles south of I-74 and just a few miles from Illinois. Been raining about all night but not freezing yet or snowing. Just looked at radar and looks like the snow is getting close. We are retired so no where we have to go and have plenty of food for days. Jim.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. I'm usually a Nokian man but I got them Blizzaks really cheap. We'll see how they compare.
    For my 2006 Daytona, I had Blizzak LM-32s mounted on the stock 18" rims, and Toyo Proxes on 20" chromes. Paid for the concierge service at Belle Tire for the storage and seasonal swap.

The Toyos were a great summer tire, but God forbid the temperature dipped below 50°, or there was a flake of snow within 100 miles. The Blizzaks, on the other hand, were beasts in the snow. I was commuting between Ft.Wayne and New Paris back then, mostly on 2 lane state roads. Many times I was the first car on SR 15 in the AM and the high torque, rear wheel drive Charger always blazed the trail with few issues.

I highly recommend the Blizzaks. They ain't cheap, but certainly worth it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just arrived in KC from Jeffersonville.

Between St.Louis and Columbia it was white out conditions. Looked like the hi way of death cars and trucks everywhere.
    We just drove across MO and KS on our way to see my son stationed at Peterson. It was over the holidays so no bad weather at all, just a boring drive, lol. We did see these gates when we got further west, googled it and they will lower the gates when the roads get bad enough. They had to do this to keep daredevil drivers from going no matter what and getting stuck, dying, all that stuff.

Apparently they are closed very rarely.

Good luck. Are you are not in one of your Challengers?

BTW, 43 degrees and raining here.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Up here in NWI we have about 6" so far. Lots of idiots stuck and slid off the road on my way into work at 6:30

Top Bottom