• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People look at me funny when I'm dipping my bacon in syrup. I just smile and continue floating my bacon.

I really get some looks, and a lot of questions, when I eat Maraschino cherries with my steak when eating out. I sometimes chop them up and put them in my burgers too.
    I used to put bacon in between my pancakes even when I was a kid. Never tried the maraschino cherries with steak before but I could see that!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    As a recent (ok, 2 years now) central IN transplant, I’m curious: do folks here always get this excited when there is snow in the forecast or is this some kind of recent psychological effect that say Dr Robert Malone would comment on? I mean, I’m not from that far north of here, but I don’t seem to recall quite this much hand-wringing about the recurring effects of seasonal changes. Present company excepted, of course.
    ¯\_( ツ)_/¯
    Here we get little snows often. Dusting or a few inches. Once a year (used to be on boys sectional basketball weekend) we get that one storm. We have plows but not that many. We don’t get enough for having snowmobiles it normally does not get cold enough for ice fishing where you can drive on a lake. So we relish a good snow.

Personally I took vacation day Thursday and Friday. Heck I have over 7 weeks available to use. I have painting to do so I skipped the bourbon store so I got something accomplished.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    As a recent (ok, 2 years now) central IN transplant, I’m curious: do folks here always get this excited when there is snow in the forecast or is this some kind of recent psychological effect that say Dr Robert Malone would comment on? I mean, I’m not from that far north of here, but I don’t seem to recall quite this much hand-wringing about the recurring effects of seasonal changes. Present company excepted, of course.
    ¯\_( ツ)_/¯
    It’s not the snow event, but rather the slow/sluggish response by plows, power companies, and truck deliveries. Not blaming the people trying to do the job, but something always seems to make the outcome worse than it should have been.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's an excellent combination but take it a step further. Maple syrup coated bacon smoked over a mix of apple wood and a tad of pecan wood. My brother makes this a couple times a year and it's absolutely incredible.
    Sounds great. An easier option is Nueskes applewood real smoked bacon laid out on a cookie sheet brushed with maple syrup and baked until crispy. Mmmm…

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kroger still has everything but eggs and bread and bananas.
    There were about 6 loaves of gluten free bread on the shelf. :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It’s not the snow event, but rather the slow/sluggish response by plows, power companies, and truck deliveries. Not blaming the people trying to do the job, but something always seems to make the outcome worse than it should have been.
    The thing that's gonna make this storm bad at least for the Indy area is that with the rain coming in first, they can't pretreat the roads.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Snowmageddon...chuckle, snort. Lived it WI and Upstate NY; all I did to prepare was make sure the snow blower (which I haven't used in two years) started. Maybe I'll have to start it for use this year but I will still wait and see.

Top Bottom