• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Doesn't look like that much snow here yet, I haven't been outside yet to determine how much ice we're getting though. I'll gladly take a foot of snow over 1/8" of ice.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Doesn't look like much in the way of snow yet. I know there is more coming later today. Now I'm just waiting for the schools to drop the hammer so I can let my wife sleep in.

EDIT: Well, didn't take long, two hour delay.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Well the scared stupid sheep are out in full force on the roads.
    If they're sooo scared why don't they just do the world a favor and stay home!!:dunno:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm still up in Michigan, hope I can drive back down tomorrow with no problems. I hate sitting in traffic! St. Joe Area always gets a lot of snow.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not all that bad here...

*Maybe* 3/4" of snow--a very little crusty stuff underneath. Country roads are snow covered with at least one puckering-up slick spot I wasn't expecting :): Hwy 37 is 75% clear in right lane, with some stretches where slushy/snow covered. Left lane is 80+% slush covered...typical winter drive for southern Indiana...no big whoop.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    NW Monroe County

755a - Just came in from a quick smoke. Looks to be at least four inches of snow on my cars and the white stuff is still coming down. Traffic thru Ellettsville on 46 moving much slower than normal, but still have many workers still to make the drive to work in Bloomington. I've heard the plows go by a few times, but I can see 46 is snow covered, but only by an inch or so. I don't have any place to go today, so I will be able to get some work done organizing my new apartment. I may go sweep the walk out front a little later. Or not...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It's not all that bad here...

*Maybe* 3/4" of snow--a very little crusty stuff underneath. Country roads are snow covered with at least one puckering-up slick spot I wasn't expecting :): Hwy 37 is 75% clear in right lane, with some stretches where slushy/snow covered. Left lane is 80+% slush covered...typical winter drive for southern Indiana...no big whoop.

Last night (0130ish) I was beginning to think ya'll didn't have any snow crews at all :): :): I was coming home from a delivery run to Ft Knox, roads got worse the further north I traveled. I don't think I topped 35 MPH from Mitchell all the way to Bloomington. Didn't see a single plow truck, nor evidence they had been out. I admit, I was being extra careful though. My trailer was empty, putting my rig at a big handling disadvantage.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm still up in Michigan, hope I can drive back down tomorrow with no problems. I hate sitting in traffic! St. Joe Area always gets a lot of snow.

You'll be fine till at least Kokomo. Up here in da great white nort, it ain't so whiite. Just those in Kentuckiana getting hammered. Of course everything south of Plymouth is Kentuckiana to me.;)

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    Is this where us relocated Hoosiers come in and say we actually miss the snow? Come to think about it, I did stop by the grocery last night and pick up some bread, milk and eggs... like it's some Pavlovian conditioning.

Stay safe

extend.jpg

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Looks to be 3-4" outside the office window right now. Not going to go out in the cold to measure it, but that's what it appears to be. Snowing a little now, but looks like more is on the way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You'll be fine till at least Kokomo. Up here in da great white nort, it ain't so whiite. Just those in Kentuckiana getting hammered. Of course everything south of Plymouth is Kentuckiana to me.;)

Well, must be northern Kentuckiana. Got nothin' here so far. Some wet icy spots on the windows. A bit of glaze on the lawn. Didn't even fall on my ass walking down the driveway.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am feelin so cheated. Lake effect this year has been just west or to the north of me. Now you guys down south get to have all the fun. It ain't fair.:(

Top Bottom