• ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You're welcomed to come on down

I don't have a passport... or a banjo.:p

We have a friend with a cabin near Bean Blossom. The drive up the hill is pretty sporty without snow. Bet it's a blast right now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last night (0130ish) I was beginning to think ya'll didn't have any snow crews at all :): :): I was coming home from a delivery run to Ft Knox, roads got worse the further north I traveled. I don't think I topped 35 MPH from Mitchell all the way to Bloomington. Didn't see a single plow truck, nor evidence they had been out. I admit, I was being extra careful though. My trailer was empty, putting my rig at a big handling disadvantage.

I think they give them a "2-hour delay" during inclimate weather.

:):

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    We've got about 2 inched of sleet with about 4 inches of snow on top of that id say just eyeballing, enough to shut down the plant but some of us managers and supervisors still crawled in.

Edit, still coming down like crazy too, they are saying we may get 12 inches now.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    All of the schools have closed down here. They closed one of the bridges over to Louisville as well. We have a nice layer of ice right now, and according to the weather radar, it should be switching to snow very soon. looks like we will get 4" of snow or so.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We've got about half an inch of ice all over everything. Enough the power lines are starting to sag a bit. Sleeting like crazy right now, about another half inch on top the ice. Glad I decided to play hooky from work. :whistle: Even if the power does go out, we've got plenty of grub and plenty of fuel for the heaters and genny. Heck, I may even go coyote hunting later.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Finally starting to snow at work (New Albany)...its been sleet and ice all morning. The truck had a nice ice coating over it at lunch, it had only been parked since i got here around 0700.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    1/4" ice in Sellersburg, probably another 1/4-1/2" of sleet...and in the last 10 minutes it has changed over to a pretty decent snow.

Thankfully paved surfaces were warm enough to resist the freezing rain and didn't start getting bad until the sleet was hard enough to cover them.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I hear you...I am sitting here in an empty gun store in Clarksville watching the snow fall fielding calls from the wife like, "When are you coming home??? There is no sense in being open." etc.etc..etc....

I'd come hang out at the shop if I could get out of my neighborhood. Although, my mind has been set on an M1 Garand lately and I have no money, so that may not be the best idea. Stay safe out there Rick!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm getting river affect snow here now.;) It's been coming down good for over an hour. My oldest boy has been on the road from Terre Haute since 10:00 AM, he's only a mile or two away now.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    starting to dread tonight. I have a Ft Leonard Wood load to haul west from Bloomington. Leaving around 1900 or so. I-70 seems to be on the OKish side from what I can glean from the various road condition web sites, but I-44 from St Louis SW is not a road I really want to drive in the slick. :(

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I live in Greenville, just outside of New Albany. We have about 1/4" of ice/sleet and it is snowing now and I mean really snowing. It's going to get interesting. I have heard that some places could see 1" per hour. I have also heard that we are supposed to get a big ice storm on Sunday night too!

I stopped by Sam's Club to do out bi-weekly shopping and there was no one in there. I them stopped by Lowes and Home Depot looking for a couple of things to complete home projects and those places were crazy. Everyone was buying gas cans and I saw 3 Rigid generators being loaded up.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    starting to dread tonight. I have a Ft Leonard Wood load to haul west from Bloomington. Leaving around 1900 or so. I-70 seems to be on the OKish side from what I can glean from the various road condition web sites, but I-44 from St Louis SW is not a road I really want to drive in the slick. :(

Yeah that stretch of road can be an adventure. Be safe!

Top Bottom