• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The boy said he measured 8" of snow in the backyard this evening...Judging by my drive home, they gave the snow truck drivers the day off today.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm at about 4" now with a layer of sleet under all the snow. They issued Floyd County in a state of emergency. Metro Lousiville is a mess. They said there was 80 wrecks between 2pm-4pm. Then again, Louisville residents have no idea how to drive from the get-go.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Northern Brown County checking in. We have a thin layer of ice under 7 or 8" of snow and its still coming down at 6:30pm. I've gotta drive down to the southern part of the county in the morning. Not looking forward to it.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Prayers said for all of you down south and especially for,

starting to dread tonight. I have a Ft Leonard Wood load to haul west from Bloomington. Leaving around 1900 or so. I-70 seems to be on the OKish side from what I can glean from the various road condition web sites, but I-44 from St Louis SW is not a road I really want to drive in the slick. :(

Stay safe on your haul!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Looks to be done here, for tonight.Walked down to the mailbox before it got dark, looks like the county hadn't been out yet. Kinda surprising, they usually do a fairly decent job. Cleaned off the car and back porch a little bit ago, we got about 4" of snow on top of the ice and sleet.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Anyone have a report on the Columbus or Greensburg areas???

Columbus sucked all day, starting to get a little better...so drive with caution.

I pulled a Honda out of a decent size ditch today, a guy in a big dodge truck complimented my jeep and I on how easy the jeep made it look.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Jack squat, zip, zero, nada here in Kokomo........ maybe we are catching a break after dealing with the tornados?

Probably just jinxed us.......

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Northern Brown County checking in. We have a thin layer of ice under 7 or 8" of snow and its still coming down at 6:30pm. I've gotta drive down to the southern part of the county in the morning. Not looking forward to it.

Columbus sucked all day, starting to get a little better...so drive with caution...

Looks like they cancelled the Appleseed scheduled this weekend at HHRP. Those folks are never quick to do that for anything other than shooter/staff safety.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Prayers said for all of you down south and especially for,

Stay safe on your haul!!

Thanks for the good thoughts, as it turned out, the worst road I had to deal with was 46 from B-town to Spencer, 231 up to Cloverdale (and 70) was decent, even good in some spots. Once I hit 70 it was speed limit all the way here on good clear roads.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Saw where a guy turned too fast off 3 and slid straight into a state plow truck's blade.
    Messed up Silverado, don't know if it did anything at all
    to the plow
    :ugh:

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    4 different way to get to our house from my wife's work which is normally a 20 minute drive for her. she could not make it up the hills coming from any direction. a harrison county dump truck that was dropping char practically dumped his entire load on the 4th hill to give her enough traction to make it the rest of the way home. all the surrounding counties have declared a state of emergency yet for what ever reason harrison county has not. total time it took her to get home was 4 1/2 hours.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Been tracking it for a bit. Fridge is full, tanks on the 4WD's are full....beer in the cooler......bring it.
    It's coming church, I've got snow here, it started about half an hour ago and it's coming down pretty good! I'm going Christmas shopping tomorrow, snow or no snow according to the wife...

Top Bottom