• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I don't know how long you've had this ammo, but I would be happy to pick it up and take them out and run a thorough test. When done, I would send you a written report, and do this all with no charge to you!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If this is something you have had in your safe then pull it out and let the idiots scramble for it. Sellers market. Part with it if you feel this is the time as it is yours.
    My issue is with non-shooters buying up everything in sight and profiteering from it and the shelves are bare.

Same here....

If I were the OP... I would sell it on gun broker...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As others have said, if you really need the money, then sell it, and even then, you'll regret it down the road. I would love to have back some of the firearms and related items I have sold over the years, if I could do it over again, no way would I sell anything gun related.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If you don't need it then I would sell it without a second thought. There is nothing wrong with you listing something for a price as if a person thinks it is horrible then they don't have to buy it. Nothing wrong with it at all as the market determines value and right now its sky high and ammo is nothing but a commodity in my eyes. If you have a close friend who could use some then selling it to them for a normal price may get you a favor in return later. Just a thought

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I'm in the same situation. I have a AK 74 that I bought with the proceeds from an AR that I won on a $20 raffle. Its going for nearly $2000 on gunbroker, even before I add in my many, many Russian factory mags. The thing I have to think about though, is "how much damage will $2000 do to an invader? Will $2000 protect me if everything crashes?"
    And the answer is unfortunately no. $2000 in notes of cotton and linen weave just don't have the stopping power of the "poison bullet"; and once it disappeared into bills or taxes of whatever; it'd be gone forever. Firearms and ammo have a real, intrinsic value that cannot be measured until you DONT have them.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    I have 7.62x51 for sale less then $1 rd It's not selling
    but It's not on gunbroker

I would sell ammo if i have more then 2,000 per gun or have NO gun for that caliber

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Ammo can only be compared to stocks if the owner of the ammo does not own a firearm in that caliber. A stock will not save your life, nor are you albe to take it out on the weekend to practice with/have fun with. A stock can always be bought or sold. If ammo becomes scarce, there's no guarantee how long before it comes back or if it'll ever come back at a reasonable price.

In your shoes, I'd hold on to it unless you are in a financial bind. 3k rounds is just enough to get by on if something bad were to happen.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Actually what ever you can get for it is fine by me. After all it is a free market. The opinion on what is gouging for most is it's only gouging if I am in the market and you have and I don't LOL

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    If you need the money, I'd sell at least part of it. Offering something for sale at market price isn't hurting anyone, at least you are offering buyers an option. Sitting on it certainly isn't doing potential buyers any favors. Think of it this way, offering excess ammo serves to help ease the price inflation. You are serving the greater 'gun community' by selling!

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I don't think it's wrong to try to make money, and if someone is willing to buy it at your price and be happy with it, there's no problem with that, Just don't be too greedy.

Top Bottom