• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    Supply and Demand... Would you feel bad about buying Shares of stock for $1.00 each and selling them for $50.00 each? You aren't the one setting the prices, the only real question is, are you willing to gamble that the prices will come back down.

I would SELL! ;)

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I say have a party invite all the ingo-ers see how long it takes for us to blow through it. i would keep it and shoot when ever you feel like it

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Holy crap, I couldn't afford to shoot back in the good old days when cheap ammo was everywhere (2-3mo ago) haha. I don't have enough ammo, and I honestly don't plan to shoot too much till there is some sanity in this world again. I say keep it. If 5 yrs from now you simply CAN'T get it, or it's 10$ a rd, you will regret it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If everyone who had a few thousand rounds of .223 sitting around put it up for sale then we wouldn't have a shortage. Sell the stuff if you want, get some good cash while the market is in your favor and help ease the supply crunch.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    If everyone who had a few thousand rounds of .223 sitting around put it up for sale then we wouldn't have a shortage.

You can burn 500 rounds per day in class. For people planning on taking a few classes each year, that's a 1,000 case or more just in a couple of days.

A few thousand rounds on hand is nothing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You can burn 500 rounds per day in class. For people planning on taking a few classes each year, that's a 1,000 case or more just in a couple of days.

A few thousand rounds on hand is nothing.

I realize that... but if everyone with 3000 rounds laying around put them up for sale, that would be millions and millions of rounds, and that is something.

Supply eases when more product becomes available or demand lowers. Micro-economics become macro when enough of that process occurs.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Sell half (1500) on gunbroker in three 500 lots.

This. I sold 1000 rounds earlier this week for double what I paid. Got the first e-mail within 5 minutes of posting it and another half dozen within a 1/2 hour. The people who didn't reply first offered me more money to break my word with the guy who was first. I wouldn't do that, but it did tell me I'd underpriced the stuff. I also had many replies wanting to buy 500 round lots.

Except for food and water in an emergency there's no such thing as gouging in a free market. This panic is not a life and death situation. I'm surprised at how many people call themselves conservative but don't actually believe in the free market.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Its ammo, its not baby formula to straving babies during a time of hunger.
    I saw a post early on referencing stocks, and I agree. Were not in a time of true war and your profiting off your neighbor trying to protect his family.
    Trust your heart and not the guy saying sell cheap with his hand out, so he can make a buck off your good heart.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Must say, these threads are interesting (as far as the various views). I originally was against the gouging, but some of the stock analogies made sense. Not selling much myself, did list a .308 MSR on gunbroker, to offset buying another. Yes, bids were silly, sold my DPMS for just shy of what I paid for Sig 716 FDE. Until supply & demand swings around, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Top Bottom