• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    After seeing it go for over $1 a round on gunbroker it would be hard for me not to put it on there and see how high it goes.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I'll give you $5 a round. I need it right now.

just kidding. But if you have it to spare put it up and get everything you can for it. I doubt the round will banned.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I have an ethical dilemma - I am sittin on several thousand rounds of 223/5.56 ammo - mostly PMC and Remington. Bought it when prices were low low low. Always be prepared right? Anyway, I can probably flip this for a tidy profit but is it right? I want to support my fellow shooters and it is pissing me off seeing all the retailers jack up the prices on all of us! However, I also have several mouths to feed and college tuition in my future. I have read where some think it is some kind of sin to try to make money now during all the panic buying whereas others use the fool and their $ sort of arguements to justify doubling or tripling prices

I could list it on gunbroker at 99 cents starting and no reserve i suppose. from what I have been seeing it may sell for $1 a round:dunno:

thoughts.
    Personally, I would keep everything that you have. It may be harder to replace in the near future.:twocents:

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    I feel bad for the guys who just recently bought them an AR and cant get any ammo or have to pay more for the ammo than what they did for their AR!

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Why sell the ammo. Sure you could make a profit, which is not against the law. But if you want to replace it, you will be paying a higher price like everybody else. Your profit would be lost in buying ammo at a later time.

Just my thought..:dunno:

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    You bought all the ammo for a reason i would not sell it just cause price went up a little. Its way to early to know what direction all this will go.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    If you want to sell it, sell it. Nothing wrong with selling it at a price the market will bear.

A guy in our area just put up 17 PMAGS on Armslist, in their original packaging, unopened, for ... $100 each.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If the ammo is excess to your needs, then pass it along to someone that does need it. Post it on GunBroker and let the market decide what it is worth. If it sells for .50 a round, then fine, but if someone out there wants it bad enough to spend a buck per round, then let them have it. There is nothing morally wrong with selling it for what someone is willing to pay for it.

This is not like you have the market cornered and are inflating prices. What you have has a value and that value climbs and drops depending on demand. If the market were flooded with cheap ammo which drove prices down to 10 cents per round, the same jackwads that think selling for current market value is immoral, would not hesitate to insist you take a loss and sell it for what they can buy it for elsewhere. Things are worth what they are worth. Nobody likes high ammo prices, but if you do sell, you need to sell for what it's worth, not for what you paid for it.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Well, I have an ethical dilemma - I am sittin on several thousand rounds of 223/5.56 ammo - mostly PMC and Remington. Bought it when prices were low low low. Always be prepared right? Anyway, I can probably flip this for a tidy profit but is it right? I want to support my fellow shooters and it is pissing me off seeing all the retailers jack up the prices on all of us! However, I also have several mouths to feed and college tuition in my future. I have read where some think it is some kind of sin to try to make money now during all the panic buying whereas others use the fool and their $ sort of arguements to justify doubling or tripling prices

I could list it on gunbroker at 99 cents starting and no reserve i suppose. from what I have been seeing it may sell for $1 a round:dunno:

thoughts.

I've been thinking the same thing, should I sell 5k rnds of evil green tip or not.:scratch:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I've sold ammo that I haven't needed and feel no guilt about it. Make the money to take care of your family or just make cash if you want it.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    if you really love to shoot i wouldent sell it. 3k isnt very many when it comes to shooting an ar. my 3 sons and i blasted 2k in a weekend back in october just cutting down a few trees.

Top Bottom