• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I like green beans, cooked with potato's and smoked sausage, but these are for my dogs to supplement their diet, I may go that route. I use 3 cans a day, got enough for 6 more days, just don't want to get down to under a couple days days. They lover thei green beans.

I have an "exciting" dietary situation and I never know what things will agree or disagree. I made a big pot of that, plus cabbage, about 2 weeks ago for the first time in years and it was a strong disagree. :( Off the menu from now on. Except, ironically, in times like these. Since I can't leave the house, I've been eating all sorts of risky things. It's been wonderful! :laugh:

I doubt your dogs will mind the 6lb can vs. the regular sized ones at the rate you're consuming them. Might be a less expensive long-term solution too as Sam's normally has those giant cans in stock all the time.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have an "exciting" dietary situation and I never know what things will agree or disagree. I made a big pot of that, plus cabbage, about 2 weeks ago for the first time in years and it was a strong disagree. :( Off the menu from now on. Except, ironically, in times like these. Since I can't leave the house, I've been eating all sorts of risky things. It's been wonderful! :laugh:

I doubt your dogs will mind the 6lb can vs. the regular sized ones at the rate you're consuming them. Might be a less expensive long-term solution too as Sam's normally has those giant cans in stock all the time.

Before the panic of '20, Walmart often had them too. Hanover brand was $3.54 for a #10 (~ 6lb) can. Ah... here we go: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanover-Garden-Fresh-Blue-Lake-Cut-Green-Beans-16-oz/46330100

Sadly, only available in store; may be too big to trust FedEx with (I swear they'd damage pillows). They are still delivering other food, often with no shipping charges. For the few things I've ordered and/or compared, the prices online and shipped free are the same as in store.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Before the panic of '20, Walmart often had them too. Hanover brand was $3.54 for a #10 (~ 6lb) can. Ah... here we go: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanover-Garden-Fresh-Blue-Lake-Cut-Green-Beans-16-oz/46330100

Sadly, only available in store; may be too big to trust FedEx with (I swear they'd damage pillows). They are still delivering other food, often with no shipping charges. For the few things I've ordered and/or compared, the prices online and shipped free are the same as in store.

I was about to post that Walmart.com still does have them (not that brand though), but in the less than 12 hours since I ordered mine, they've sold out. Not only have they sold out, but they sold out of the 6 pack quantity of them as well. That means enough people are worried about canned green beans that several of them bought 40lbs of them, each, in less than half a day.

Holy cow...

Also, I agree with your opinion of FedEx, but Walmart/Sams always replace what FedEx breaks and they'll ship me almost anything. I posted in another thread that just before the world ended, I ordered 56lbs of canned soup from Walmart.com and they shipped it for free. I don't even understand how that's possible.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I might try alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I'm afraid of the bleach discoloring the nylon though.

Good thought on the bleach. Would the department buy the alcohol? I can get you my contact for it in barrels. Local place so might work w you.

I bought a barrel of 99.9% for work. (Went that high so could be used w the machinery - though right now it is for spraying down surfaces).

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Friday 27MAR20, I shopped at 7 am at walmart in Greenwood near SR 135 and Smith Valley road. They were better stocked tham last friday. I was able to buy toilet paper, sausage, bacon and most everything on my regular shopping list. Things are looking better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Peroxide can bleach out too. 3% is used in salons to pull the color out of hair as I recall. I doubt the 0.3% or whatever tiny concentration we use for medical would do tons of damage, but may over long term.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Went to the Aldi in Westfield/Carmel(146th St.), arrived just after opening. Everything was stocked well, even fresh meat.

Two pallets of navel oranges, some of the fresh produce was marked down(.99c/lb strawberries, /99c each 3-pack romaine lettuce).

They had plenty of flour, sugar, dried beans, pasta, milk, eggs. They still have limits on most items(4each for canned vegetables).

Was in there last Friday, and the pickings were slim. Today looked like any other normal day.

Stopped at Kroger on 146th/Hazel Dell to pick up stuff Aldi doesn't stock, and they still had some bare shelves: soup aisle, toilet paper, napkins, flour & sugar. And they did a re-set and don't carry my Boulevard Double-Wide IPA anymore:(.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Good thought on the bleach. Would the department buy the alcohol? I can get you my contact for it in barrels. Local place so might work w you.

I bought a barrel of 99.9% for work. (Went that high so could be used w the machinery - though right now it is for spraying down surfaces).

hahahaha no they wouldn't buy it. They've always provided us with hand sanitizer in little 4oz bottles, but now since its unobtainable, there is a barrel of it that we refill the little bottles with, but we are limited to one fill a week and have to sign for it so we don't take more than 4oz per week.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think the real question is whether the unhealthy eating would lead one to be more susceptible to the "14 day slow decline in the ICU...," vs lesser symptoms to none at all?

Oh, yeah, totally agree... and totally should have put my post in purple.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I just finished a healthy blackened chicken breast sandwich. Oh, and tomatoes this time of year really suck.

Sunset brand, Campari tomatoes are excellent this time of year. Kind of small but good flavor. Grown in Mexico.

Just made a pot of chili and sent some down the street. Brownies are still hot and the honey oatmeal bread comes out of the oven in less than an hour.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So people are stuck at home, binge watching TV, eating nothing but Hot Pockets and ice cream.

If the virus doesn't kill us...

Looks like the only ones still overbuying are the idiots who cant cook. Meijer in Camby was normal at first glance. Meat case looked great and plenty thanks to a limit of 2. HOWEVER, the convenience things like frozen pizzas, minute rice, and soups were obliterated still. And still no TP and maybe 2 cases of paper towels. couldnt find tubs of margarine to save my life. Only sticks left. Weird. Oh, and no lysol or lysol wipes.

The little meat shop we go to for beef was good too. not terribly busy.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    hahahaha no they wouldn't buy it. They've always provided us with hand sanitizer in little 4oz bottles, but now since its unobtainable, there is a barrel of it that we refill the little bottles with, but we are limited to one fill a week and have to sign for it so we don't take more than 4oz per week.

Normally I would say that you are pooping me. This actually pisses me off. Bet the mayor has more than that.

Top Bottom