• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I quashed the chicken run. I carefully explained that right now, her "wants" must be suppressed.

Today:
    Wife: "I'm going to my friend's house for dinner."
    Me: "Didn't they just return from TN?"
    Wife: "Yeah, but that was several days ago, they're fine."

:wallbash:

As an extrovert, she's having a very hard time with this. As an introvert, I'm cool as a cucumber.

If it were me, I'd lock her out of the house. Of course this depends on her sammich makin skills.

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Went to local Amish store mainly for fresh veggies. Big store. My daughter and I were the only 2 people wearing masks and gloves. Same at small town grocery store. Only 1 case in the county but I expect to see more.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    West side Meijer had quite a bit of stock back as of an hour ago. Plenty of TP, pasta sauce, decent meat selection, frozen goods, fresh foods etc. No cleaning products though, which is what I'm in need of. At my house we use the lysol or chlorox wipes, and I always keep a couple bottles of them in my car, but our stock is almost gone since we have gone to wiping down or spraying all of our duty gear every night when we get home.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Probably hit my local Meijer (Portage) on Saturday. Haven't been in 3 weeks and it's time to resupply some of the comfort foods and restock on produce.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    West side Meijer had quite a bit of stock back as of an hour ago. Plenty of TP, pasta sauce, decent meat selection, frozen goods, fresh foods etc. No cleaning products though, which is what I'm in need of. At my house we use the lysol or chlorox wipes, and I always keep a couple bottles of them in my car, but our stock is almost gone since we have gone to wiping down or spraying all of our duty gear every night when we get home.

What about spraying it w alcohol or a bleach solution? A mist should work.

Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Also save the old Lysol containers. They usually have a quarter inch of fluid in the bottom. You can use it to moisten a paper or cloth towel to wipe Down surfaces. I have been grabbing these from my wife for months and use the in the basement. I can't break her from the disposable lifestyle but I can adapt to lessen her impact.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I might try alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I'm afraid of the bleach discoloring the nylon though.
    Nothing worse than accidentally ruining a pair of nice duty pants from bleach wipedowns right before a shift starts.....

This wasn't coronavirus related, one of my former jobs was just that cheap. They didnt buy me new pants either, though the grief I raised trying would have gotten me fired anywhere else. *shudders* bad memories lol

On a more recent note- If you can find alcohol, my wife made our own wipes. Cut a roll of paper towels in half and soak in alcohol, reuse a proper disinfectant wipe bottle to keep them wet and sealed. Bam.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I might try alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I'm afraid of the bleach discoloring the nylon though.
    DO IT YOURSELF LYSOL SOLUTION;
    1 cup water
    6 tbsps 91% isopropyl alcohol
    2 tsps dish soap (non ammonia. Don't use dawn. Use cheap brand)

You can put it on paper towels or rags and wipe your stuff down.
    I know it may be hard to find the isopropyl alcohol. You could substitute with everclear and add afew drops of an essential oil to add a pleasant smell.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    DO IT YOURSELF LYSOL SOLUTION;
    1 cup water
    6 tbsps 91% isopropyl alcohol
    2 tsps dish soap (non ammonia. Don't use dawn. Use cheap brand)

You can put it on paper towels or rags and wipe your stuff down.
    I know it may be hard to find the isopropyl alcohol. You could substitute with everclear and add afew drops of an essential oil to add a pleasant smell.

Thank you. I'll give that a whirl.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We generally use Dawn, but I'll see what kind of cheap-o stuff I have in the garage cabinets.
    Actually It may not matter on that recipe because there is no bleach involved but better to be safe than sorry. Plus cheap dish soap should be easy to find.
    Wish they'd (the city) give you guys that kind of stuff. The wipes I mean

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thought about checking out about buying canned green beans for my dogs in about a week from now since it's been so crazy in the stores.

No price gouging at all on Amazon, that is unless you consider paying $6.25 a standard 14.5oz can.
    $74.99 for 1/2 case, only about $60 above retail grocery store prices.

Screenshot_2020-03-26 Amazon com green beans no salt added.png

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Just use an ammonia/water mix? :dunno:

I've been using generic glass cleaner and paper towels for cleaning my kitchen for ages and I'm not dead yet. This also worked for my grandmother's entire life. Nobody ever used to clean with bleach. Should work for police gear too, though you'd want to avoid the blue dye and mix it yourself. My understanding is that what people are primarily getting out of the various "wipe" products is that they're simply wiping stuff off before it can transfer to the air and then are throwing it away so it won't. The agents in those wipes are rarely left on stuff long enough to actually kill anything. Basically I'm reading that they're mostly no better than a wet rag if you don't let stuff sit for awhile smeared in lysol/clorox "juice".

FWIW though, I have used peroxide mixed with a little bit of dish soap to clean all sorts of fabrics with no ill effects (including carpet). It primarily works awesome on bodily fluids (blood and well... others). That could come in handy in your career regardless. I keep a bottle of that mixed up by the washing machine anyhow.

So... I'm not a medical professional and the EPA straight up says ammonia isn't "certified" for killing stuff, but if you can't get anything else that won't destroy your gear...?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thought about checking out about buying canned green beans for my dogs in about a week from now since it's been so crazy in the stores.

No price gouging at all on Amazon, that is unless you consider paying $6.25 a standard 14.5oz can.
    $74.99 for 1/2 case, only about $60 above retail grocery store prices.

View attachment 85476

I went through exactly that shopping experience earlier today. No price gouging at all on Walmart.com, free 2 day shipping, as long as you don't mind 6lb cans. I decided I didn't mind giant cans. I like green bean casserole! :laugh:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I went through exactly that shopping experience earlier today. No price gouging at all on Walmart.com, free 2 day shipping, as long as you don't mind 6lb cans. I decided I didn't mind giant cans. I like green bean casserole! :laugh:

I like green beans, cooked with potato's and smoked sausage, but these are for my dogs to supplement their diet, I may go that route. I use 3 cans a day, got enough for 6 more days, just don't want to get down to under a couple days days. They lover thei green beans.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I like green beans, cooked with potato's and smoked sausage, but these are for my dogs to supplement their diet, I may go that route. I use 3 cans a day, got enough for 6 more days, just don't want to get down to under a couple days days. They lover thei green beans.
    Mmmm me too!!
    I sub bacon sometimes for the sausage

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom