• ...and so much more!
  • OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Picked up 30 roll pack of TP for the old folks down the road from Costco today. Got some bounty for my kitchen. My wife doesn't like me using cloth rags and washing them. I am not losing any weight.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hit my local Meijer (Portage) this morning. Not very busy at all. Not much for TP, but they did have some, although it was scented. Didnt need any anyway. No chlorox wipes or the like anywhere. Cambells soups were pretty wiped clean still. Most everything else was stocked well, including bread, milk, eggs and all varieties of meats. The hamburger meat was all in the vacuum sealed tubes, so no fresh ground burger. Plenty of all fruits and veggies.

Few people wearing masks and gloves. Maybe 4 or 5 was all I seen.

Staff is disinfecting the carts as they come in and were wiping checkout lanes down (self serve) after every customer.

Only reason I'll have to go to store now will be for an Easter ham in a couple weeks

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hit my local Meijer (Portage) this morning. Not very busy at all. Not much for TP, but they did have some, although it was scented. Didnt need any anyway. No chlorox wipes or the like anywhere. Cambells soups were pretty wiped clean still. Most everything else was stocked well, including bread, milk, eggs and all varieties of meats. The hamburger meat was all in the vacuum sealed tubes, so no fresh ground burger. Plenty of all fruits and veggies.

Few people wearing masks and gloves. Maybe 4 or 5 was all I seen.

Staff is disinfecting the carts as they come in and were wiping checkout lanes down (self serve) after every customer.

Only reason I'll have to go to store now will be for an Easter ham in a couple weeks

Easter Ham?
    Eater is the time for getting your snares set up for some grilled Easter Bunny.

No need to shop for that.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Humidity, yet another reason to stay in... I went to clean the gutters and trim a tree branch and made the mistake of not checking the temp in the garage before opening it... everything in the garage is now soaked in condensate. I had to drag our old 1980's dehumidifier out of the basement to try and dry off my tools and everthing else (the main one is plumbed to the sump). Fortunately it's working.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It wasn't me! I don't own a Hi Point, don't own any camo, and I haven't received these yet (cross posted from the "What have you done this week to prep" thread. :):

"I just ordered 2 of these. I don't know why, but these are strange times. Or it could be the Jagermeister. (Probably)

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/R...ARY-8p7234.htm
    "

:postpics: of you in Meijer or Target with this rig on. OC high point optional.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Indy.jpg
    :):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Humidity, yet another reason to stay in... I went to clean the gutters and trim a tree branch and made the mistake of not checking the temp in the garage before opening it... everything in the garage is now soaked in condensate. I had to drag our old 1980's dehumidifier out of the basement to try and dry off my tools and everthing else (the main one is plumbed to the sump). Fortunately it's working.

My garage will drip with humidity this time of year and actual rain will start dripping off of anything metal for hours or days. A shop dehumidifier is a must, IMO. My Dad's shop is even worse since it's a steel building. The interior walls will actually start to "cry" if it's bad enough.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    My garage will drip with humidity this time of year and actual rain will start dripping off of anything metal for hours or days. A shop dehumidifier is a must, IMO. My Dad's shop is even worse since it's a steel building. The interior walls will actually start to "cry" if it's bad enough.
    I'm moving to Mississippi this summer. Good things I never would have thought about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Went over to the Dollar Store in Old Town Greenwood a few minutes ago. A lady is walking out with a pack of toilet paper as I enter.

Got a loaf of bread and hotdog buns as requested by my wife.

Got some Slim Jims, Cheetos, Dr. Pepper for me. Yer 3 basic food groups.

Store shelves seemed to have plenty of everything. Didn't check the cleaning dept.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just returned from the Miejer on west 38th.
    It was in fair shape but limits on hamburger and other high traffic items.

Got my grocery delivery from Shipt today from the Plainfield Miejer. From my normal shopper she said it was stocked like after a normal Sunday after Church run. Out of limited items, but for the most part stocked pretty good.

Was able to get a family pack of ground beef (making chili to take to my elderly in-laws and was able to pick up 10 cans of green beans for my dogs dietary needs for the next 5 days. Had no need for TP, or paper towels, I got a 18 pack 2 weeks ago and that will last me for quite a while, unless I have a 20 year old Playboy caliber model show up at the front door asking for a potential trade deal. LOL

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm moving to Mississippi this summer. Good things I never would have thought about.

I don't know if it's a problem down south or not. My gut feeling is that down south you'd probably get a better ROI with just a regular A/C since it's more likely to be muggy and hot down there and without as much night-time cooling like we get up here. So, you'd probably just want to run an A/C if it's that muggy down south.

That's just a hunch though.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I don't know if it's a problem down south or not. My gut feeling is that down south you'd probably get a better ROI with just a regular A/C since it's more likely to be muggy and hot down there and without as much night-time cooling like we get up here. So, you'd probably just want to run an A/C if it's that muggy down south.

That's just a hunch though.
    This time of year the lows are semi-similar (on normal spring days, not so much early March) but the highs exceed by 10° or so. And 100% humidity.

I don't have much of a shop (don't want to start building up until the move, an old boss of a lathe would be nice), but I'll be watching for these things when I do.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This time of year the lows are semi-similar (on normal spring days, not so much early March) but the highs exceed by 10° or so. And 100% humidity.

I don't have much of a shop (don't want to start building up until the move, an old boss of a lathe would be nice), but I'll be watching for these things when I do.

My Dad's lathe is what actually drew my attention to just how bad his shop is. I went to put something on the bench next to it and there was a pool of water there... then I looked around and saw the rest of the situation. And his lathe is a small Atlas that probably isn't more than 150lbs or so. Something like a 1000lb+ monster and it would be like a river in there. :laugh:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I am lucky in that just the floor gets cold soaked in mine. Tools and lathe must get enough heat, dry as a bone.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I am lucky in that just the floor gets cold soaked in mine. Tools and lathe must get enough heat, dry as a bone.

In my garage it looks that way, but the bottom of the cars, toolboxes, jack stands, etc will be raining. Dad's shop is much worse than mine.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

The old thing worked. So well that I am keeping it there. It filled 1/2 the bucket before it shut off at 3/4 setting.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom