• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Luckily, my wife doesn't want anyone to leave the house until this is over...way over. We're good for about a year.

Hasn't anybody been through CBRN (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear) training? If you think you're protected you probably aren't. Just let the disease die without more hosts. Or let it thrive because we want stuff.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Wife: "We don't have chicken. I'm going to the grocery to get some."
    Me: "We have ham, pork, eggs, beef, ..."
    Wife: "But I want chicken."
    Me: "Argh! Are you not understanding what's going on!"
    Wife: "Yeah, but they said I can go grocery shopping, and I want chicken."

:wallbash:

Not that this will help, but they said that grocery stores are an essential service, not that you should go on a whim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Luckily, my wife doesn't want anyone to leave the house until this is over...way over. We're good for about a year.

Hasn't anybody been through CBRN (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear) training? If you think you're protected you probably aren't. Just let the disease die without more hosts. Or let it thrive because we want stuff.
    Yes, but the C in CBRN was emphasized. It took years before the weekly tornado alarm test didn't make me reach for my gas mask.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hospital cleared out some immediate care-type rooms and converted the exam tables to Strykers. Put O2 equipment in as well. "Several" positive cases in ER, patient care, and ICU. Glad I don't have another shift until Sunday. Then one more Wednesday and I'm done for a couple months.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Brother I could hunker down here for a solid 2 months if need be but there is a need. I also have to pick up the life extending meds both I and the spouse are on that we can only get 1 months supply of for some idiotic reasoning I have as yet to understand. Our insurance wants to do 3/6 months but the Pharmacy and Dr resist. All about control I guess.

Medical issues is what puts a fuse on these things for the spouse and I. I could carry on a while after the meds are gone but not her. So in this we "MUST" go out.

"MUST"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Brother I could hunker down here for a solid 2 months if need be but there is a need. I also have to pick up the life extending meds both I and the spouse are on that we can only get 1 months supply of for some idiotic reasoning I have as yet to understand. Our insurance wants to do 3/6 months but the Pharmacy and Dr resist. All about control I guess.

Medical issues is what puts a fuse on these things for the spouse and I. I could carry on a while after the meds are gone but not her. So in this we "MUST" go out.

"MUST"

Can you ask for a vacation exception? I got a couple of months that way...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'd ask your doctor again about extending the prescriptions. Specify that you are concerned about the potential health consequences of going out in public more often right now.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I must say I have a 1 ton truck and usually spend about $70-90 a week in fuel. I filled my truck up 3 weeks ago. I moved it last night to a different spot in the driveway and it still has just over 3/4 of a tank. So I am guessing $15-20 would fill it. Between that and not eating in the café at work this work from home has saved me about $350. 3 week ago I filled my truck and got groceries.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Based on my sightings tell her "good luck!" Then be waiting with a knowing grin when she returns.
    Not that this will help, but they said that grocery stores are an essential service, not that you should go on a whim.

I quashed the chicken run. I carefully explained that right now, her "wants" must be suppressed.

Today:
    Wife: "I'm going to my friend's house for dinner."
    Me: "Didn't they just return from TN?"
    Wife: "Yeah, but that was several days ago, they're fine."

As an extrovert, she's having a very hard time with this. As an introvert, I'm cool as a cucumber.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not necessarily here, but I've seen posts where people were lamenting that no one is "shutting down" and staying home. Well, my wife had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. And I can tell you, comparatively speaking, for a afternoon rush hour time period, Bloomington was a ghost town. I never see traffic that light in the summer, when the students are gone, on a Sunday afternoon.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I quashed the chicken run. I carefully explained that right now, her "wants" must be suppressed.

Today:

As an extrovert, she's having a very hard time with this. As an introvert, I'm cool as a cucumber.

If she isn't familiar with it, you might want to set her up on Skype or Facetime or something similar to talk with her friends.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IU Health Bloomington Hospital Sets Up Outdoor COVID-19 Screening Site

temporary-coronavirus-tent-iu-health-bloomington.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Today:

Sounds like you need to find another way to occupy her time, sir...

(another case where we need light purple as an option)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know several places to get chicken of several cuts. Have to get out of Wally Mart and big box...

Agreed. I scored well on that same front just as things were starting to get real a few weeks back. Got the protein front covered. As mentioned it's some of the fresh stuff that's interesting. Have a grocery pickup scheduled (ordered several days ago and pickup here later, so we'll see how that goes. They don't deliver to me apparently even though I am very close to the store).

Today:

Same here, except my wife who is the extrovert, also has a serious heart condition, so she has not had any contact with anyone outside for a couple of weeks at least now, and that has carried over to the rest of us to help protect her.

If she isn't familiar with it, you might want to set her up on Skype or Facetime or something similar to talk with her friends.

Agreed, my wife has setup a set of trivia type games, etc with several family members as we are spread out in many different areas of the country and they have video chat going with several folks at the same time, etc doing that. Makes the days a bit better for her and some family members.

On my side, this is almost my normal lifestyle, except the difficulty of procuring things from time to time.

Top Bottom