• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My mistake. They had said they were getting multiple, and that was the first time I had seen one with the option to add it to the cart, so I thought maybe they still had the rest.

No problemo, I put one in my cart and went to "checkout," only to get a message that it's unavailable. I've got one on order from Menards, but it was supposed to be delivered this week and got pushed back to the middle of May. I'm trying to get one sooner and cancel my Menards order, but looks like I'll just be waiting until mid May.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Got a text from my barber; he is setting appointments starting May 1st :rockwoot:

I had been wearing it pretty short so it still looks OK, but I really miss the full shave/hot towel treatment every three weeks.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I checked the freezer this morning and saw that we were a little under-prepared for any supply chain interruption in the meat dept. So, I headed over to Archer's Meats this morning in downtown Greenwood and placed an order. They have a good reputation and generally all of their animals are locally sourced, so I don't expect they'll see the disruption that the industry is beginning to experience.

As I was pulling out, a load of cattle was coming in.

Just a heads up for those in Greenwood and surrounds.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Went to Kroger at Southport and Franklin today, first time since the first week of April. No disinfectant wipes or spray, but there was some brand name toilet paper to be had. Thin pickings in the rice section. Other than that, pretty well stocked. Found some tortillas, which were either out of stock or outrageously priced last night when I did an Amazon Fresh order.

The store had a fairly normal sized crowd, about half wearing masks and half not wearing masks. Of the half that were wearing masks, a good number were wearing them wrong. Saw a lady with a bandana around her neck. Cute look for a puppy, but not very effective against airborne bugs.

Dollar General in Wanamaker had a spray few bottles of Microban 24 Hour cleaner, which kills Coronaviruses. Kinda surprised that they were in stock, but maybe people don't know about it vs. more common cleaners like Lysol and Clorox.

Still waiting on my chest freezer from Menards. Might get it in time for the second wave this fall. :):

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Me a couple of days ago. They are a bit better now, but man is it painful. So hard to do anything.

Mine used to behave similarly. They would swell up and ooze clear liquid. I finally figured out it was an allergic reaction to the soap we were using (and, more specifically, the citrus oil). I now use only bar soap (usually Ivory, but Lava seems okay too). Any time I use liquid soap, I have some issues.

I feel for you.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I checked the freezer this morning and saw that we were a little under-prepared for any supply chain interruption in the meat dept. So, I headed over to Archer's Meats this morning in downtown Greenwood and placed an order. They have a good reputation and generally all of their animals are locally sourced, so I don't expect they'll see the disruption that the industry is beginning to experience.

As I was pulling out, a load of cattle was coming in.

Just a heads up for those in Greenwood and surrounds.

We decided to pull the trigger on our bulk meat order with our farmer friend early for much the same reason. Should have a quarter angus and half pig inbound next month.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Jennie-O plant shutting down now. I have this nice new freezer with still a bit of room. Need to buy more meat but you can only eat so many chickens and beef roasts. We're not big on pork except for ribs and bacon. Not huge steak eaters. Beef ribs? Wouldn't mind buying some good chicken wings, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $3 a pound for wings when I can get whole chickens for $1 a pound.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Carmel Kroger yesterday, small restock run... No sanitizer still, but they had a few dozen Cottenelle double roll TP packs and a few choices of paper towel. Plenty of meats, pasta, milk, eggs, and full stock of breads. Give it another two weeks and they'll be stocked on everything, unless meat supply goes down.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Carmel Kroger yesterday, small restock run... No sanitizer still, but they had a few dozen Cottenelle double roll TP packs and a few choices of paper towel. Plenty of meats, pasta, milk, eggs, and full stock of breads. Give it another two weeks and they'll be stocked on everything, unless meat supply goes down.

I believe this is the lull before the storm. This has NOTHING to do with the virus and everything to do with supply chain disruption. Get what you need now. Smokingman has laid it all out, and on this he is likely correct. We are getting a chance to redo our preps, don't waste it. My lovely bride asked what wil you do with these preps if several weeks from now it is a moot point? I said the happiest day of my life will be loading up the truck and making a donation to food banks...

Dont blow it, prep now friends!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe this is the lull before the storm. This has NOTHING to do with the virus and everything to do with supply chain disruption. Get what you need now. Smokingman has laid it all out, and on this he is likely correct. We are getting a chance to redo our preps, don't waste it. My lovely bride asked what wil you do with these preps if several weeks from now it is a moot point? I said the happiest day of my life will be loading up the truck and making a donation to food banks...

Dont blow it, prep now friends!

There is almost nothing coming from China now. What do you need for the rest of the year? Toothpaste, razors, soap, etc. We are on the precipice of uncharted in our lives. We have a rule, don't buy what you will not eat or use, just buy in anticipation and if it doesn't materialize then you already have it. No loss, just a premature purchase. If you have no budget for it, prioritize what you must have to be comfortable and keep going.

This is is not a drill, it is real...

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    There is almost nothing coming from China now. What do you need for the rest of the year? Toothpaste, razors, soap, etc. We are on the precipice of uncharted in our lives. We have a rule, don't buy what you will not eat or use, just buy in anticipation and if it doesn't materialize then you already have it. No loss, just a premature purchase. If you have no budget for it, prioritize what you must have to be comfortable and keep going.

This is is not a drill, it is real...

Yep. Everything we have is what we will use. This has pushed me to experiment but found things we like and will use.

I know what else I need to get but 1) am swamped w getting gardens ready and work 2) know most are sold out and 3) won’t buy until I get the research done for the new endeavor. Got permission to spend the $ but want to do it right.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We were in Seymour today and were going to stop by Home Depot to shop for a couple of things. They had the line formed for entry into the store and had (I’m guessing 2-dozen folks waiting). The line wasn’t moving. We didn’t stay. That’s the first time I’ve actually encountered a place actually metering people in. The Walmart (literally) next door was free flowing folks in and out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was at Aldi this morning, there was a kid outside wiping down carts and I guess using some kind of cell phone app to keep count of the people going in and coming out (wasn't crowded). While I was in line to check out, the cashier went over and banged on the window to get his attention, then went out and said something to him. Apparently he was on Facebook instead of on the app. :):

Went to Kroger too and their meat department was pretty thin. Almost no chicken except 10 lb. bags of leg quarters and whole fryers. No breasts or thighs. What I really wanted to get was a couple of half pork loins for $1.49/lb., but they were out, or at least hadn't put any out yet. May go back in the morning to see if they've restocked.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hit my local Stracks grocery store today(Hobart)to get some more milk and OJ. Also to look for pork butts or shoulders to throw in the freezer for future smoking.
    None to be found(Pork butts or shoulders) Baby back ribs were priced way to high for me at 9.99lb. Did get some St Louis style ribs at 2.99lb. For giggles I went down the TP aisle. Man oh man. A 4 pack of Cottonelle was 8.99.
    Definitely seeing prices going thru the roof right now and imagine will be like this for some time to come.

Also hit Harbor Freight to pick up a greenhouse. The store in scherrerville was only allowing 25 people in at a time. So a small line there. Portage store wasn't doing that when I stopped there first to check on the greenhouse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hit my local Stracks grocery store today(Hobart)to get some more milk and OJ. Also to look for pork butts or shoulders to throw in the freezer for future smoking.
    None to be found(Pork butts or shoulders) Baby back ribs were priced way to high for me at 9.99lb. Did get some St Louis style ribs at 2.99lb. For giggles I went down the TP aisle. Man oh man. A 4 pack of Cottonelle was 8.99.
    Definitely seeing prices going thru the roof right now and imagine will be like this for some time to come.

Also hit Harbor Freight to pick up a greenhouse. The store in scherrerville was only allowing 25 people in at a time. So a small line there. Portage store wasn't doing that when I stopped there first to check on the greenhouse.

Wow! Those prices are crazy. Haven't seen anything like that down here in Indy (at least not in Kroger or Aldi where I shop). I just got a rack of baby backs last week for $2.99/lb..

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Got to watch out for Strack's. I've been fiercely loyal to them in the past, but I've heard stories of gouging in the past few weeks. They are apparently not putting prices on the TP shelves, so it's buyer beware. One lady on Facebook showed her receipt where she got charged $31.99 for a 12 pack.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Walmart and Kroger in Greenfield yesterday were fairly busy. Plenty of all kinds of meat. Picked up some Tyson boneless chicken breasts for the freezer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom