• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Stopped by the bank drive through on Friday afternoon, when out making a work delivery. The line was wrapped halfway around the building.

There was a bank employee kind of directing the traffic lines, talking to drivers and handing out deposit slips, (apparently some folks don't do this in advance?) It was like the bank had finally figured out that long waits at their drive through really **** their customers off? :dunno:

They were moving the line pretty well considering. It only took around 15 minutes. In the mean time, another bank employee came out to do the traffic line directing. This one was wearing a mask. She kept fiddling with the mask and pulling it down to talk to people in their cars. :n00b:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    China is only 21.2% of our imports.

The discussion was specifically about China, but even so this point is a point without full merit. For instance we import 80% of our medications, but a lot of them from India, all good there, right? Wrong, India imports the source material from, you guessed it, China!

My source was a Lilly scientist on those numbers.

That seniaro applies to many other things. Just look at labels now, assembled xxxxx, from imported products...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Stopped by the bank drive through on Friday afternoon, when out making a work delivery. The line was wrapped halfway around the building.

There was a bank employee kind of directing the traffic lines, talking to drivers and handing out deposit slips, (apparently some folks don't do this in advance?) It was like the bank had finally figured out that long waits at their drive through really **** their customers off? :dunno:

They were moving the line pretty well considering. It only took around 15 minutes. In the mean time, another bank employee came out to do the traffic line directing. This one was wearing a mask. She kept fiddling with the mask and pulling it down to talk to people in their cars. :n00b:
    All lines should be handled solely by Chic-fil-a employees. They are the experts in the field.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys can argue percentages all day. The fact is, we are too reliant on someone else for **** we can produce here. I know it will rub INGO wrong to have to pay more for something, but it really is necessary.

I agree with Vigilant.
    Don't skimp or you might get what you pay for.

7elrmTJ.jpg

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Got my half hog today. Quarter beef should be ready by the end of the week. Have to see how much of the freezer that takes up, then decide whether to add more. Going to try and get stocked up on some of the daily needs that aren't food too, since most of it is still readily available. I should have paid attwntion to this subforum before this, but now as long as I can help it, I'll try to be ahead of these things. It's a rough go when you get behind the curve

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If anyone needs to stock up on household stuff, Ollie's is a good place to do it all in one stop. Good prices on cleaners, toothpaste, shampoo, etc, and the odd food items also. Big Lots is similar if you don't have Ollie's. [strike]Hoarder[/strike] Prepper that I am, I already have at least a year's worth of all that stuff in my closets.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You need to go back and reread it, and then we have the issue of do we believe the source? Reason has been a reasonable source but not familiar with the author. My quick read of this article says they do not know, but want to discredit the 80% number. How can you say someone is wrong when the source says they do not know?

In fact, because the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not track the volume of drug imports from any foreign countries, it is impossible to say with any certainty how much of America's pharmaceuticals come from China. Or from anywhere else.

Now, a further complication. The FDA only tracks drug manufacturing facilities—not the supply chains of specific drugs.

A bigger concern would seem to be India, which manufacturers 25 percent of America's generic drugs, according to Gibson. India imports a large amount of the ingredients in those drugs from China, which helps to demonstrate why it's so difficult to put a number on exactly how much of America's drug supply comes from China. Global supply chains care little for national borders.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You need to go back and reread it, and then we have the issue of do we believe the source? Reason has been a reasonable source but not familiar with the author. My quick read of this article says they do not know, but want to discredit the 80% number. How can you say someone is wrong when the source says they do not know?

Do not underestimate the power China over American media. The entire China virus is racist was backed by the Chinese propaganda machine. They can get these types of stories into American media...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You need to go back and retread it, and then we have the issue of do we believe the source? Reason has been a reasonable source but not familiar with the author. My quick read of this article says they do not know, but want to discredit the 80% number. How can you say someone is wrong when the source says they do not know?

The burden of proof is on the one asserting the claim. Did you read the entire article, or just cherry-pick snippets that you think support your argument?

The opposite of incomplete data is not "80%."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The burden of proof is on the one asserting the claim. Did you read the entire article, or just cherry-pick snippets that you think support your argument?

The opposite of incomplete data is not "80%."

I believe you said he was wrong, therefore the burden of proof is on you to refute it and your article said it was unknown so he is not wrong...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I believe you said he was wrong, therefore the burden of proof is on you to refute it and your article said it was unknown so he is not wrong...

How in seven levels of Hades is the burden of proof not on the one pulling a number out of thin air?

There is a 99.5% chance that your scientist friend is talking out of his ass. Refute that. :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How in seven levels of Hades is the burden of proof not on the one pulling a number out of thin air?

There is a 99.5% chance that your scientist friend is talking out of his ass. Refute that. :):

Just sayin, your own article says it is an unknown by even the FDA, therefore any answer is an opinion so you are wrong that he is wrong by that reason...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just sayin, your own article says it is an unknown by even the FDA, therefore any answer is an opinion so you are wrong that he is wrong by that reason...

There is enough data that IS available in that story to show the 80% figure as highly unlikely.

There are 2 kinds of people.

1. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Top Bottom