• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just hit the weekly Meijer trip. No Clorox wipes, but had spray and wipe. Plenty of non-antibacterial soap, but no antibacterial. Didn't need either anyway. Bacon on sale for $4 a pound. No yeast, but I don't think I've ever used it anyway. Everything I went for, they had
    Do they even make anti bacterial soap any longer? I thought they stopped?

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity

Got a bunch of Dial that says anti-bacterial on the bottle. Normally we keep the big refill jugs on hand. My wife has an auto-immune issue, so she made sure to keep stock on some of the stuff before all this happened. Not sure about whether they make it in bar soap anymore

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They do make it, but it's really not necessary to kill the virus. That being said, there are some antibacterial dish liquids that can be used as hand soap. Polmolive comes to mind.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    My suggestion for virus killing spray is to order some spray bottles online, get a five gallon bucket, some bleach, and dilute it. You only need 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

Antibacterial soap is not needed, especially when the contagion of concern is virual rather than bacterial anyway. Soap removes the contagion, and running water sends it down the drain. It doesn't matter at all if the soap would have killed it in 10 minutes.

I think antibacterial soap is still made, but it shouldn't be bought.

Last edited:

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I never thought about it. I just figured soap is soap. If the point is to get rid of germs, I figure regular, non-anti-bacterial soap would be fine. You're making a good argument for me to use when I buy regular soap next time we need it

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Also, if you can't find regular liquid hand soap, cheap shampoo or body wash also works. Most stores have a line of $1.00-$1.50 shampoos and they are the same stuff as hand soap.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Also, if you can't find regular liquid hand soap, cheap shampoo or body wash also works. Most stores have a line of $1.00-$1.50 shampoos and they are the same stuff as hand soap.

Probably wouldn't have thought about that either. I'll keep it in mind, but so far there has been plenty of regular hand soap every time I have been to the store

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Probably wouldn't have thought about that either. I'll keep it in mind, but so far there has been plenty of regular hand soap every time I have been to the store
    My local grocery store is wiped out of liquid soap constantly now except for the $5 fancy stuff. I bought a few of these for $1 each.

shopping

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    As to whether this is a real or manufactured crisis...Germany just cancelled Oktoberfest. It's real. Every country on the planet is in lock down except Sweden. I don't think they are all watching the MSM or American politics and buying into fear and hype. They are buying into the fact that this ChiCom manufactured plague is real.

For soap I prefer Ivory, same as used during the Civil War...the contract for which made Mr.s Proctor and Gamble millions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I researched this soap last year, looking for a concentrated do all camping/BOB soap. I've heard of this brand for years, but tried it for the first time this winter.

Now this is all soaps in the bathroom. Shampoo, shower, shave, sink, does it all in a few squirts.

FYI - There is a learning curve on the peppermint essential oil in this. Very tingly.

61+YqkCUHHL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I researched this soap last year, looking for a concentrated do all camping/BOB soap. I've heard of this brand for years, but tried it for the first time this winter.

Now this is all soaps in the bathroom. Shampoo, shower, shave, sink, does it all in a few squirts.

FYI - There is a learning curve on the peppermint essential oil in this. Very tingly.

61+YqkCUHHL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg
    Definitely use sparingly on the package! Kinda reminds me of the old York peppermint patty commercials after use!;)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Sadly wealthy are enjoying their staycation with conspicuous consumption of necessities while many lower income folks struggle to get the basics...

I personally don't think of baking bread and cookies to be "conspicuous consumption." I don't know of anyone who is baking just for fun and then throwing away the food.

It's still supply chain issues. Americans typically eat a whole lot of food that never passes through a grocery store. With so much of that food unavailable, the grocery stores are going to be out of a lot of items.

It will be an issue until we're all back in restaurants. And that's not going to happen until people feel safe doing so, even if the lockdown were to end right now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I just use dish soap (antibacterial) in my hand soap dispenser. I have a dishwasher, so realy all I hand wash are pots and pans, so just a squirt does the trick for those. Also it does a good job when my hands are greasy/oily from working on the car or mower.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just use dish soap (antibacterial) in my hand soap dispenser. I have a dishwasher, so realy all I hand wash are pots and pans, so just a squirt does the trick for those. Also it does a good job when my hands are greasy/oily from working on the car or mower.
    Yep, I mentioned that upthread also. All kinds of stuff available that does the same thing. Personally, I use bar soap because my hands are special. :) I have psoriasis and dermatitis on my hands that gets pretty ugly. I use a very mild shea butter bar soap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, I mentioned that upthread also. All kinds of stuff available that does the same thing. Personally, I use bar soap because my hands are special. :) I have psoriasis and dermatitis on my hands that gets pretty ugly. I use a very mild shea butter bar soap.

My hands are a chapped ugly mess most of the time. Probably from using dish soap to wash them. :):

Top Bottom