• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The first couple of weeks were rough, especially if you had a particular brand you preferred. But I think it’s pretty much back to normal.
    A couple weeks ago I went to my local grocery and there were probably 25-30 loaves of oat bread and rye bread on the shelves. There was a grown-ass man nearly weeping because there was 'no bread'.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A couple weeks ago I went to my local grocery and there were probably 25-30 loaves of oat bread and rye bread on the shelves. There was a grown-ass man nearly weeping because there was 'no bread'.

Some people are very particular. My wife is one of them. Me? I have my favorites and I don’t eat as much bread as I used to, but I can eat about any of it.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

I get it. I don't react well to whole grain breads, rye is good but it doesn't go with everything. (First world problems, I know.)

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Valparaiso is full of traffic today. First time in weeks. Not sure why...maybe because of the heavy snow predicted up here tonight.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Amazon had the good Presto TP in stock today, at least for a little while. Snagged a couple of packages and signed up for Subscribe and Save. I think they fulfill the subscriptions before they make it available to everyone else.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    HOLLINGSWORTH STANDS BY DESIRE TO REOPEN ECONOMY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

...In a follow-up interview with Rob Kendall on WIBC, Hollingsworth said again clarified that no matter what decision lawmakers end up making it’s should not be a decision that leans one way or another in regards to choosing between fully keeping Americans safe from the coronavirus and reopening the economy.

“We owe Americans a better plan on how we move forward and minimize the cost to them of them not being to provide for their families,” he said.

Hollingsworth said there is no “zero solution” to coronavirus.

“What we have to recognize is there are both economic costs to Americans and a biological cost to America,” said Hollingsworth. “We need a plan to move forward with certain parts of the economy, with certain industries, geographies, age groups. Something that science says we can move forward with the economics and minimize the risk of this disease.”

Hollingsworth reiterated that he is a supporter of social distancing efforts, but he added that stay at home orders, such as the one Gov. Eric Holcomb has put in place throughout Indiana, is not a realistic plan...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife said she heard on news that Wisconsin is extending into May (She didnt catch exact date) and Virginia to June 10th.

My guess is Holcomb will extend another 2 weeks to start with

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    New freezer came, and it's a beautiful thing! Now to fill it up.

Very nice. Are the uprights as efficient as the small chest freezers of the same volume? I've been kinda wanting one for a while but am leaning towards a small chest freezer. Plan on putting it in the basement and I would like to elevate it a foot or two in case of flooding.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can tell you that a chest freezer during a power outage will hold the cold better especially if you are getting in and out of it. Not everyone has the room for them though. I was down to 2 for awhile but I may need more since my daughter's dating again.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Very nice. Are the uprights as efficient as the small chest freezers of the same volume? I've been kinda wanting one for a while but am leaning towards a small chest freezer. Plan on putting it in the basement and I would like to elevate it a foot or two in case of flooding.
    Not sure. We've always only had uprights.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

A chest will be more efficient, and will have less air circulation (less freezer burn). They're probably lighter, too. They're cheaper as well, and AFAIK last longer.

It's just a pain in the butt to get that ham out that's in the very bottom of the chest.

If you're elevating the chest, then you may want a stepstool.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom