• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    New freezer came, and it's a beautiful thing! Now to fill it up.

freezer2.jpg

Amateur...

nancy-pelosi-eating-ice-cream.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    A chest will be more efficient, and will have less air circulation (less freezer burn). They're probably lighter, too. They're cheaper as well, and AFAIK last longer.

It's just a pain in the butt to get that ham out that's in the very bottom of the chest.

If you're elevating the chest, then you may want a stepstool.

One reason I prefer an upright. I'm about five foot nothing. It's really a PITA to reach down to the bottom of a chest.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ohio is opening may 1st.
    I thought we would start to open again on the 20th of April but if not by may 1st for sure I think.

We should be opening now; we're not in dire straits like NYC - or anywhere close.

We should open before the other states and get some self-made stimulus from border crossers.

But, Holcomb isn't a "blaze your own path" kind of guy.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I can tell you that a chest freezer during a power outage will hold the cold better especially if you are getting in and out of it. Not everyone has the room for them though. I was down to 2 for awhile but I may need more since my daughter's dating again.

You don't have to freeze your daughter's dates! Make them dig the hole first, then you solve the problem... ;-)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You don't have to freeze your daughter's dates! Make them dig the hole first, then you solve the problem... ;-)

Ya but I'm down to my last shovel and it's really dull and my post hole digger broke. They just need to stay fresh until I can invest in some quality tools again.

I should have just bought that auger for the tractor when they were on sale. :(

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We should be opening now; we're not in dire straits like NYC - or anywhere close.

We should open before the other states and get some self-made stimulus from border crossers.

No, he’s not.

At least Ohio has said they’ll be opening 5/1 so at least he’s got someone to follow. I’d heard (hadn’t seen it for myself yet) that the democrat KY governor is griping that Indiana is moving too fast.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS

My local city FD has 5 guys (that I know of) with COVID-19 and desperately needs masks and are asking the public for them.

Families have been affected too.

Let's try to think about running the entire state, not "well my town doesn't seem to have any." I can say that our county has multiple more missing from official counts- why risk getting family tested when you already know what it is from your own test?

Based on timelines, it's been in our area since the second week of March. Schools here closed before the Gov. issued a lockdown- it was already here.

No one here is really ready for the impact this would have had without a shutdown. I'm not even saying the lockdown is appropriate or well-managed or that other options do or don't exist. But there is a bit of an echo chamber here, not even considering any alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    My local city FD has 5 guys (that I know of) with COVID-19 and desperately needs masks and are asking the public for them.

Families have been affected too.

Let's try to think about running the entire state, not "well my town doesn't seem to have any." I can say that our county has multiple more missing from official counts- why risk getting family tested when you already know what it is from your own test?

Based on timelines, it's been in our area since the second week of March. Schools here closed before the Gov. issued a lockdown- it was already here.

No one here is really ready for the impact this would have had without a shutdown. I'm not even saying the lockdown is appropriate or well-managed or that other options do or don't exist. But there is a bit of an echo chamber here, not even considering any alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I work in a hospital. 80+ coworkers tested positive, over 800 furloughed with symptoms. An early or botched opening would callously put us at risk. The pushback against governmental overreach is certainly warranted, but that doesn't change the fact that this thing is still spreading largely unchecked. Without the ability to test everyone at the door, this should go forward with extreme caution.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I work in a hospital. 80+ coworkers tested positive, over 800 furloughed with symptoms. An early or botched opening would callously put us at risk. The pushback against governmental overreach is certainly warranted, but that doesn't change the fact that this thing is still spreading largely unchecked. Without the ability to test everyone at the door, this should go forward with extreme caution.

The truth is; this is going to run a course whether we sit at home or not. We stopped the potential overrun of the medical system and now the damage being inflicted on the people is worse than the virus. Open up and let's get to work!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The truth is; this is going to run a course whether we sit at home or not. We stopped the potential overrun of the medical system and now the damage being inflicted on the people is worse than the virus. Open up and let's get to work!

Wait until the second wave comes along. (And if this bug is like others, it’s very possible). It‘ll be interesting to see what kind of mood the country is in then. When we’re all fat and happy, shutting down seemed to be a reasonable response. If the economy is in the dumps and lots of people Are still out of work (by then, when the states’ budgets have been sucked dry, even a bunch of those still working could be out of a job too), it’ll be interesting to see if shutting down is still an appetizing alternative.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I can only speak for the hospitals in our system. We get one surgical mask per day right now. We do not have enough PAPR units to do even one surgery if more than one person needs it (like me), nowhere near the supply of Hepa filters to protect people in the room (you need two, one on the machine, one on the breathing circuit) and prevent the vent from being contaminated; and this is all with me and my coworkers who do the ordering stocking up since the first case hit the states. We are nowhere near ready for even elective cases to resume, but I'm sure they will.

If we cant test every patient coming in, or at least test all of us to get asymptomatic positives out of the infection cycle; then people going in for elective surgeries will leave with a fresh Covid infection for themselves and their families.

Top Bottom