• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Nope, just a small service oriented place...
    My impression of Fresh Market is a small Foo Foo place where customers like to be served by there underlings. Not going to find self checkout lines, just like you wont find FM customers picking their own strawberries from the field. Good food, pricey, unique items you can’t find elsewhere.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My impression of Fresh Market is a small Foo Foo place where customers like to be served by there underlings. Not going to find self checkout lines, just like you wont find FM customers picking their own strawberries from the field. Good food, pricey, unique items you can’t find elsewhere.

Then your impression is wrong. They offer quality food much better than big box stores. There you can get fresh ground beef from whole cuts of beef, not filthy tube grind junk cheap. Do not let false impressions taint a good retailer that is far more like a LGS than Wal-Mart.

I strongly disagree with the policy but right now these companies have a bunch of management quarantined sitting at home having virtual meetings while watching CNN trying desperately to protect their employees and staff. This is media driven irrational fear...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Did a grocery run for me, a friend who couldn't get out, and my elderly parents. Something that stood out is when I went to Fresh Thyme about 80% of the customers and all of the employees were masked. I then went to Schnucks and it was maybe 20% of the customers and almost none of the employees.

Fresh Thyme is not as "upscale" as Fresh Market or Whole Foods but does tend to attract a more select clientele. It showed.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Did a grocery run for me, a friend who couldn't get out, and my elderly parents. Something that stood out is when I went to Fresh Thyme about 80% of the customers and all of the employees were masked. I then went to Schnucks and it was maybe 20% of the customers and almost none of the employees.

Fresh Thyme is not as "upscale" as Fresh Market or Whole Foods but does tend to attract a more select clientele. It showed.
    We made our first grocery trip in a month this week. My wife wore a mask and went in (hadn't been out anywhere in weeks), said Aldi every employee and 95% of customers had a mask.

Wal-Mart, 5% of customers and 0% of employees had a mask. She constantly got "looks" for wearing a mask.

Take it as you will.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I've been in public roughly twice per week for the last month (groceries on one trip, carryout food and refilling fuel cans on the other). I doubt 10% of the people out in public in Rush County are wearing masks.

Lots of people wearing gloves... but still touching everything and then their faces.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've been in public roughly twice per week for the last month (groceries on one trip, carryout food and refilling fuel cans on the other). I doubt 10% of the people out in public in Rush County are wearing masks.

Lots of people wearing gloves... but still touching everything and then their faces.

Went to Lowes today in Beech Grove. Hardly anyone with a mask. One guy with a mask pulled down around his neck.
    When I went to Kroger on the south side of Indy a week ago, lots of people with masks.

Not sure that I'd feel that I need a mask in Rushville. I mean, they have 17 cases as of today.
    Probably more likely to get herpes off a toilet seat. :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You know this is coming...

E5pkh3Q.jpg

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Not sure that I'd feel that I need a mask in Rushville. I mean, they have 17 cases as of today.
    Probably more likely to get herpes off a toilet seat. :):

The homemade masks being recommended don't really provide much protection for the people wearing the mask. They do more to help prevent an infected, asymptomatic person from spreading the infection. And we have absolutely no idea how many people are infected but asymptomatic.

The interesting thing (to me) is the ratio of people wearing gloves to people wearing masks. It's like people feel protecting their fingernails is the key to avoiding infection. I mean, it's probably 5x as many people wearing gloves as masks, yet they use that gloved hand to hold their phone to their head.

And I know it was a joke, but every time someone mentions herpes from a toilet seat, I feel the need to remind everyone that you're supposed to make sure someone isn't already on that toilet before you sit down.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    What I find interesting when looking for stuffs on line is what is in stock where. The East side of Indy Sams Club is out of many things, but the others in the greater Indy area have the stuff.

Also so interesting to watch Amazon pricing for things. Their pricing algorithms really change the price quickly. And dramatically, at time. Saw two 3 packs of yeast for $25. Seriously?

For a society that gets 50%+ of it’s food via eating out, what are they doing w all the flour?

Some of the stuff has me shaking my head.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What I find interesting when looking for stuffs on line is what is in stock where. The East side of Indy Sams Club is out of many things, but the others in the greater Indy area have the stuff.

Also so interesting to watch Amazon pricing for things. Their pricing algorithms really change the price quickly. And dramatically, at time. Saw two 3 packs of yeast for $25. Seriously?

For a society that gets 50%+ of it’s food via eating out, what are they doing w all the flour?

Here's today's hot Amazon deal on pancake mix.

pancake.jpg

At least there's free shipping. :):

I haven't been to the grocery store since April 7, but I haven't been able to find regular pancake mix since this started.
    Finally found 2 boxes at...CVS!

Gotta think outside of the box. :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Here's today's hot Amazon deal on pancake mix.

pancake.jpg

At least there's free shipping. :):

I haven't been to the grocery store since April 7, but I haven't been able to find regular pancake mix since this started.
    Finally found 2 boxes at...CVS!

Gotta think outside of the box. :)
    I use Bisquick for pancakes and biscuits.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Lots of bread recipes flying around on Facebook and Youtube. Can't get bread in the stores, so people are making it. (Or trying to. Once.)

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

The east side Sam's Club has been closed for a few years now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Lots of bread recipes flying around on Facebook and Youtube. Can't get bread in the stores, so people are making it. (Or trying to. Once.)

That's kind of odd to me. Since this started, I've not had a problem getting a loaf of bread. Might be dependent on the area, I guess.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's kind of odd to me. Since this started, I've not had a problem getting a loaf of bread. Might be dependent on the area, I guess.

The first couple of weeks were rough, especially if you had a particular brand you preferred. But I think it’s pretty much back to normal.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

It's been really hit or miss. When it first started bread was almost impossible to find. Just some whole grain and odd specialty breads. The breads store on Brookville Rd in Indy was obliterated, Costco wasn't any better. I went to Meijer last week and it was thin, but it was there.

Top Bottom