• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    From the Indiana State Department of Health; last updated Sunday, March 29.

5e81feebb444a.image.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to Aldi this morning. Scored an 18 pack of double roll TP. :rockwoot: Plenty of eggs, milk, bacon (got all 3 to top off). Plenty of flour and sugar. I didn't hit every aisle, but it looked like they were very close to getting back to normal stock levels on most everything. Didn't check the cleaning/sanitizing supplies though. Exhanged my empty backup propane tank at Walmart. Should be moving out to the deck after tomorrow and will probably need the table top heater in the mornings and evenings.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Indy, 1 mile east of IMS.
    Except for 1 Walmart run, I have sheltered in place 7 days now. The ONLY thing different around here is very little airline traffic. The strip mall across the street from me is as busy as usual as is the traffic on the roads.:dunno:

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I went to 3 different Toyota dealers yesterday due to a huge mix up on where my parts were for my truck and you could tell people wanted to keep their distance but no signs of any type, but no business either.

Went to Macalister Rental to return a jackhammer and the doors were open but big sign saying they were practicing social distancing and the counter was blocked 8 feet out from anyone approaching it.

Went to Reynolds John Deere and the doors were locked, you had to sit outside and call in and they brought your parts to you. Fastenall was the same way. Planting season is going to be very tough to get through if we can't go in to look at pictures and point!

Most shockingly to me was the hardware store in our little town decided that at closing tonight they will not be open for a month at least. This was with one days notice. They said too many people that shouldn't have been out were coming in and they didn't want anything to do with that. I'm currently taking inventory to restock the bolt bins. Don't know what else to do.

Interesting how different businesses are reacting differently.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I went to 3 different Toyota dealers yesterday due to a huge mix up on where my parts were for my truck and you could tell people wanted to keep their distance but no signs of any type, but no business either.

Went to Macalister Rental to return a jackhammer and the doors were open but big sign saying they were practicing social distancing and the counter was blocked 8 feet out from anyone approaching it.

Went to Reynolds John Deere and the doors were locked, you had to sit outside and call in and they brought your parts to you. Fastenall was the same way. Planting season is going to be very tough to get through if we can't go in to look at pictures and point!

Most shockingly to me was the hardware store in our little town decided that at closing tonight they will not be open for a month at least. This was with one days notice. They said too many people that shouldn't have been out were coming in and they didn't want anything to do with that. I'm currently taking inventory to restock the bolt bins. Don't know what else to do.

Interesting how different businesses are reacting differently.

It's always the few that ruin it for the majority. I don't blame the hardware store. I wouldn't want my employees to get sick because the public refuses to use common sense.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Closed 4 restaurants today, some will return, but others....On top of that, employees in another couple of stores have decided that sitting at home for an extra $600/week is better than working. Currently trying to sober up enough to put together a game plan to keep the remaining stores open

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to Autozone today to pick up a couple of quarts of oil so I could change the oil in my lawn tractor, and they had stacks of totes in front of the registers in order to maintain social distancing. Employees were all wearing gloves.

Keeping hand sanitizer in the car all the time now for times when I do need to go to the store, gas station, etc.. I mean, I don't always have to pee, so sometimes I have to resort to hand sanitizer. ;)

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Meijer in Kokomo seems to be well stocked. Ordered online yesterday for delivery today and had about 90 items on our list. The shopper (shipt) only texted a couple times about substitutes. There was only 1 item we couldn't get. Biggest headache was how slow their website is now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Went to Autozone today to pick up a couple of quarts of oil so I could change the oil in my lawn tractor, and they had stacks of totes in front of the registers in order to maintain social distancing. Employees were all wearing gloves.

Keeping hand sanitizer in the car all the time now for times when I do need to go to the store, gas station, etc.. I mean, I don't always have to pee, so sometimes I have to resort to hand sanitizer. ;)
    DRINK MORE, SLACKER!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Walmart and the J-C store here in Bedford offer that order pickup service. My wife is saying it’s almost impossible to get an appointment time to get in the que. On the plus side, my son (he works for Walmart) said the shelves are slowly getting back to normal.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Went to Aldi this morning. Scored an 18 pack of double roll TP. :rockwoot: Plenty of eggs, milk, bacon (got all 3 to top off). Plenty of flour and sugar. I didn't hit every aisle, but it looked like they were very close to getting back to normal stock levels on most everything. Didn't check the cleaning/sanitizing supplies though. Exhanged my empty backup propane tank at Walmart. Should be moving out to the deck after tomorrow and will probably need the table top heater in the mornings and evenings.

How much was the swap? Menards is $15.xx per swap. I refill at tractor supply as I get more gas for less there. But I had some expired tanks that I had to swap.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Interesting how different businesses are OVERREACTINGdifferently.

FTFY

I am in real danger of hurting my neck given all of the ignorance I have to witness each day.
    Forget heroin, the habit people need to kick is watching the news. Stupid is more contagious than COVID-19, possibly more fatal. (no purple)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How much was the swap? Menards is $15.xx per swap. I refill at tractor supply as I get more gas for less there. But I had some expired tanks that I had to swap.

I think it's like $14.92 at Walmart. Menard's and Tractor Supply are more of a drive for me, but one thing I like about Menard's is that they have their propane tanks in a "self-serve" type of vending machine. Pay by card, it unlocks the cage and rotates a full tank to the front, you take it and replace it with your empty and away you go. At Walmart you're at the mercy of the employee with the key, and they're not always the most prompt about getting to you.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I think it's like $14.92 at Walmart....

Yes pretty cheap at WM, exchanged a couple few weeks ago when i put my last full one on the grill. Haven't been to any LGS in over 2 weeks; working remotely and staying put, but when I did it was crazy. Haven't seen any LGS updates in posts, has it calmed down, have some shevles been restocked?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think it's like $14.92 at Walmart. Menard's and Tractor Supply are more of a drive for me, but one thing I like about Menard's is that they have their propane tanks in a "self-serve" type of vending machine. Pay by card, it unlocks the cage and rotates a full tank to the front, you take it and replace it with your empty and away you go. At Walmart you're at the mercy of the employee with the key, and they're not always the most prompt about getting to you.

As I have been told the tanks at any place the exchanges are filled on an line that is measured to be as close to the government minimum allowed to call it a tank of gas. If one goes to a refill place, TSC does it by the gallon not tank or pounds, they generally fill what the tank will hold, and that is quite a bit more than the exchange tanks. My TSC filled weighed a good bit more than the exchange tanks do and I filled mine for an average of $13 at TSC.

Top Bottom