• ...and so much more!
  • Should Marijuana be Legalized?

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I expect the ATF and FDA to go broke when we quit funding them (coinciding with my repeal of handout/robbery programs).

I figure a person can gain reasonable assurance of quality, potency, and ingredients by seeking information from third party private rating entities. Even if the third party rating agency blows it on potency, its not like the user would be in any danger of overdose or poisoning.

Plus, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing this crap about how "today's dope isn't like your grand daddy's dope". Unless I'm mighty mistaken, you never got high with my grandpa, so who are you to talk down about his herbal remedies?

I'm betting your granda didnt get high.... and would probably thump anyone in your family that did

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Source: Wiki. Original source works cited at bottom of post.

There has never been a documented human fatality from overdosing on tetrahydrocannabinol or cannabis in its natural form.

Tell me why fatalities associated is important, because I contend it is not....

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm betting your granda didnt get high.... and would probably thump anyone in your family that did

But, she may have drank moonshine (good chance both my grand parents did). Moonshine was, and still is, illegal; but people have, and will continue to, drink it.

You can't go blind with weed, but you can with shine and you can eat your liver quick.

Times change, morals evolve.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    You asked for harmful effects. I'm not certain what criteria you were looking for, but the drug itself has few physical harmful effects other than possible causing high blood pressure from the ingestion of too many salty snacks.

As for psychological damage, I'll yield on that. I know several committed lifelong smokers. One is a successful stock broker with a home and family ( I went to school with him). The other is an underemployed associate who does nothing but ***** about his situation, but always has an ounce of pot in his house. I contend it's the nature of the individual, rather than that of the substance, which ultimately decides the outcome.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    But, she may have drank moonshine (good chance both my grand parents did). Moonshine was, and still is, illeagle; but people have, and will continue to, drink it.

You can't go blind with weed, but you can with shine and you can eat your liver quick.

Times change, morals evolve.
    it appers to have evolved for the worse. hemp was a common crop for some of our founding fathers

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    You asked for harmful effects. I'm not certain what criteria you were looking for, but the drug itself has few physical harmful effects other than possible causing high blood pressure from the ingestion of too many salty snacks.

As for psychological damage, I'll yield on that. I know several committed lifelong smokers. One is a successful stock broker with a home and family ( I went to school with him). The other is an underemployed associate who does nothing but ***** about his situation, but always has an ounce of pot in his house. I contend it's the nature of the individual, rather than that of the substance, which ultimately decides the outcome.
    exactly!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I wouldn't bet on it. There was Mary Jane on the homeplace back in the 20's.

You wouldn't have gotten thumped in my family for getting high. You might, however, have gotten beaten to death for not pulling your weight.

My people have very specific values. The law is largely irrelevant in my family, but taking care of your own and minding your own business is relevant in the extreme.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    If you truly believe in freedom, your stance would be "People can do whatever they want to their bodies as long as it doesn't harm another's person, or property".

Simply put...

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    What is the important reason to keep it illegal?

I know that wasn't a question for me, but I feel like ranting a little, excuse me. :D

Money.

Cannabis is the most common and therefore most profitable illegal drug. Legalization would take a huge chunk of work from the DEA, ONDCP and others. The private sector would also suffer - the drug testing industry is what comes to mind immediately, but the big one is the prison industry, Corrections Corporations of America and its lobbies. The liquor industry has blatantly lobbied against legalization of cannabis in California and for the criminalization of salvia divinorum in Washington, just off the top of my head.

And then of course are the police. Large numbers of drug users promote the use of SWAT teams and excuse all that cool tactical gear. Then there're the large amounts of money and property seized under property forfeiture laws. Sometimes this gets obscene - check out this case where a guy transporting 125000 bucks had it seized without ever being charged with anything. United States vs. $124700 in US Currency

And of course... criminals love the fact drugs are illegal. It's all more profitable that way.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I spent my life in law enforcement and I can attest that the drug war is one of the stupidest mistakes that this country has ever made.

Why won't the government wake up and reform the stupid, wasteful, ineffective approach that has wasted so much money and cost so many lives? Because so many government agencies owe their existence to it. You think law enforcement wants to WIN the drug war? Think again...they don't want it to EVER end.

I can't even estimate how many drug arrests I made or how many doors I kicked down on drug dens, or how many hours I spent in court or how many tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer funds were squandered in paying me to do those things.

But I can tell you this...I regret every single drug arrest I ever made, and if I could go back in time and release those people and apologize to them I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The drug war is a wretched, miserable failure that has done NOTHING to increase the quality of life for Americans, and it's time for it to end.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I spent my life in law enforcement and I can attest that the drug war is one of the stupidest mistakes that this country has ever made.

Why won't the government wake up and reform the stupid, wasteful, ineffective approach that has wasted so much money and cost so many lives? Because so many government agencies owe their existence to it. You think law enforcement wants to WIN the drug war? Think again...they don't want it to EVER end.

I can't even estimate how many drug arrests I made or how many doors I kicked down on drug dens, or how many hours I spent in court or how many tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer funds were squandered in paying me to do those things.

But I can tell you this...I regret every single drug arrest I ever made, and if I could go back in time and release those people and apologize to them I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The drug war is a wretched, miserable failure that has done NOTHING to increase the quality of life for Americans, and it's time for it to end.

I don't know who you are, but you are maybe my favorite cop ever.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Your not being paid to think, drone!!! Now that you've been schooled, go opprese someone, preferably someone OC'ing. :laugh:

Top Bottom