Shooting at LAX - airport shutting down? TSA Agent shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Do you have any evidence that Ciancia did not walk up to a checkpoint, pull a rifle out of a bag, and start shooting, or is this some sort of knee jerk "If the media says something it must be a cover-up and this is necessarily a false flag attack because ancient aliens and the bible code" reaction?

Maybe it's just a natural reaction to these two things;
    1. They never seem to actually know what's going on (see all recent shootings).
    2. Their penchant for spinning everything.

the default is to assume you are being fed a load of crap, because that's what usually happens. I agree with Mike; the burden of proof is on the media to prove they actually reported the truth and not some made up BS.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Maybe it's just a natural reaction to these two things;
    1. They never seem to actually know what's going on (see all recent shootings).
    2. Their penchant for spinning everything.

the default is to assume you are being fed a load of crap, because that's what usually happens. I agree with Mike; the burden of proof is on the media to prove they actually reported the truth and not some made up BS.

Early reports on this sort of thing are always confused because there is a rush to get something, anything on the air/web. As the situation resolves and time passes information can be checked and events become more accurately reported. Most people understand how this works because it is really not at all complex or suspicious.

"The default is to assume that you are being fed a load of crap" is only the case if you are a paranoid bunker-dweller who spends his time designing new tinfoil hat designs to keep the group stalkers at bay. Questioning early reports is reasonable, but to assume that all news outlets are conspiring to mislead the public is well beyond skepticism and well into "treatable mental disorder" territory.

I have no idea what sort of burden of proof you expect barring a CCTV dump from LAX. Would that even suffice, or would you allege that it was all a fake like those guys who are convinced that the Newtown families were actually hired actors?

Anti-government paperwork?? You mean a letter from his insurance company canceling his policy?

Attempts to shoehorn the ACA into every conversation are tedious, especially when you make zero effort to make sense. 0/10.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Early reports on this sort of thing are always confused because there is a rush to get something, anything on the air/web. As the situation resolves and time passes information can be checked and events become more accurately reported. Most people understand how this works because it is really not at all complex or suspicious.

"The default is to assume that you are being fed a load of crap" is only the case if you are a paranoid bunker-dweller who spends his time designing new tinfoil hat designs to keep the group stalkers at bay. Questioning early reports is reasonable, but to assume that all news outlets are conspiring to mislead the public is well beyond skepticism and well into "treatable mental disorder" territory.

I have no idea what sort of burden of proof you expect barring a CCTV dump from LAX. Would that even suffice, or would you allege that it was all a fake like those guys who are convinced that the Newtown families were actually hired actors?

Attempts to shoehorn the ACA into every conversation are tedious, especially when you make zero effort to make sense. 0/10.

the default of accepting what the media tells you as fact is a sign that you have either not been paying attention or are drunk on the kool aid. Why aren't there pictures of the guy? They are trying to figure out how to present the "truth" as they want it known.

STschil comment was a joke. And it was funny. Get an iron out and fix your panties.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    LAX shooting spree: TSA worker dead after assault-type rifle rampage inside Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 3 - NY Daily News

Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23 years old

Picture of lowlife degenerate perp:

shooter-01.jpg

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    the default of accepting what the media tells you as fact is a sign that you have either not been paying attention or are drunk on the kool aid. Why aren't there pictures of the guy? They are trying to figure out how to present the "truth" as they want it known.

There are pictures, but you seem to have dismissed them as false. Not immediately leaping to the conclusion that the news media are engaging in a vast conspiracy to cover up The Truth is not the same is accepting whatever one is told is fact. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally deficient?

STschil comment was a joke. And it was funny. Get an iron out and fix your panties.

No. It was essentially "NObamacare! Am I right, guys? LOL!"

I'm convinced that you're delusional.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Can you elaborate that? Are you getting emotional here? What part of that video or his emotion is real? Have you ever lost a family or a love one?

No, I'm not "getting emotional." People react in all sorts of ways to the loss of a loved one. I know this firsthand. The "They're all actors!" claim is a pretty standard conspiracy theory these days. The supporting "evidence" tends to be either photos of people who look vaguely like victims of mass shooting events or, as in this case, video of people allegedly displaying inappropriate emotions. It's compelling to those with a layman's understanding of human psychology.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I can only relate my experience from the deaths of my wife and my brother, you go through a wide range of emotions. I'd laugh and smile one moment as a close friend remained me of some crazy thing my wife or brother did and the next person would come to me with grief and pain and we'd hug and cry. I was fine at my brother's funeral, speaking with people, sharing some crazy stories about my brother .. like the time I pretended to be asleep in the back seat of the car so he could make out with girlfriend. I was fine and composed until I got up to deliver the eulogy, I don't think people understood me the first minute because I saw crying and choking.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    There are pictures, but you seem to have dismissed them as false. Not immediately leaping to the conclusion that the news media are engaging in a vast conspiracy to cover up The Truth is not the same is accepting whatever one is told is fact. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally deficient?

No. It was essentially "NObamacare! Am I right, guys? LOL!"

I'm convinced that you're delusional.

wow. Look at you go! Actually the only source I'd read this morning was the WSJ and there were no photos. My buddy said he hadn't seen any either so I was mistaken. You on the other hand seem to be taking this very personally. Sooner or later every left wing extremist argument comes down to that.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

Agree with the red.. Every major news outlet wants to be the first to report on the events. The majority of the time the first reports are not 100% accurate.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    No, I'm not "getting emotional." People react in all sorts of ways to the loss of a loved one. I know this firsthand. The "They're all actors!" claim is a pretty standard conspiracy theory these days. The supporting "evidence" tends to be either photos of people who look vaguely like victims of mass shooting events or, as in this case, video of people allegedly displaying inappropriate emotions. It's compelling to those with a layman's understanding of human psychology.

The reason I said that you're getting emotional as you just bluntly attacked me saying I'm delusional. You don't know me and I don't know you.

In regards to that video, objectively, it doesn't conform to society's standard of grieving nor does it fall in the stages of grieving. As complex is the human psychology is, maybe he can switch his emotions on or off, we don't know. But that video again either shows that he can just muster his emotions at will or it just wasn't real.

Also, have you lost a love one personally? Expected and unexpectedly?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Agree with the red.. Every major news outlet wants to be the first to report on the events. The majority of the time the first reports are not 100% accurate.

So wait, does the fact that they are not 100% accurate because the facts are unclear mean we should or should not believe it? How does that differ from what we are saying? Does the motive of the report change the veracity of it? No. JRogers is playing word games. If the report is not accurate and we don't believe it, it doesn't matter if it was accidental, spin, or incompetence. It also sets a standard of inaccurate reporting which leads us to question any new story especially if it is politically charged.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Jack.. I never read your post.. I was only agreeing with jrogers that first reports on events like this are not 100% accurate the majority of the time. I don't know what else you me to say other than I think you are reading into my post more than what I was saying.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Was he playing it up for the camera? maybe, was he an actor? no.. , Did his son get murdered.. absolutely...

Discovery Health "Why Some People Don't Grieve"

He doesn't fit in that article. I understand people have different ways in grieving. Factors such as personal relationships and the person's psych determines how that person grieves too. You don't grieve the same for different love ones.

Lets put it this way, if he was really for real, why does one have to force his emotions? Just for the sake of TV? Really?

I can only relate my experience from the deaths of my wife and my brother, you go through a wide range of emotions. I'd laugh and smile one moment as a close friend remained me of some crazy thing my wife or brother did and the next person would come to me with grief and pain and we'd hug and cry. I was fine at my brother's funeral, speaking with people, sharing some crazy stories about my brother .. like the time I pretended to be asleep in the back seat of the car so he could make out with girlfriend. I was fine and composed until I got up to deliver the eulogy, I don't think people understood me the first minute because I saw crying and choking.

Your emotions and ordeal were real, that guy wasn't.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Jack.. I never read your post.. I was only agreeing with jrogers that first reports on events like this are not 100% accurate the majority of the time. I don't know what else you me to say other than I think you are reading into my post more than what I was saying.

Me? No I'm not saying anything about your post. I just grabbed it because it made my point. I agree with you.

Top Bottom