Shooting at LAX - airport shutting down? TSA Agent shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Here is a photo from the people taking cover in the Airport. Man I'd hate to resort to hiding in a stall… Not to mention that this is likely the WORST place to hide, look at the sitting ducks.

Run and Hide, doesnt' mean lock yourself in a corner and wait to die.

131101143902_09_lax_1101_horizontal_gallery.jpg
    That's the usual reaction of sheeple.
    Herd together in a pen and wait for the butcher to come and get them. :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    CNN now reporting the shooter was 23 old man with anti-government material in his bag. Previous reports of him being a TSA employee was wrong.

That was my inclination all along. The camo wearing made me think this wasn't specific to an individual, but to the organization.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was just "OC"ing around the airport, damn sheeple get all worked up

Sad that it rings so true... I wonder how many victims we would have had from people on here because they think it's normal. Better yet, I wonder what the response would be, in the other thread, if they did their lil McDonalds test tomorrow than when it originally happened?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sad that it rings so true... I wonder how many victims we would have had from people on here because they think it's normal. Better yet, I wonder what the response would be, in the other thread, if they did their lil McDonalds test tomorrow than when it originally happened?
    I haven't read this entire thread, but I was just wondering if anyone had posted that there was no need to involve law enforcement... I mean after all, the guy may have just been trying to sight in his rifle or something... ;)

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    :dunno:, can't figure out humans. This is all sad , very sad.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I love the fact that "if" this dude turns out to be a TSA agent, they won't be able to blame shady background checks or lack thereof. And the likelihood of him being touted as mentally unstable prior to these events won't hold as much water, until the storm of discredidation hits.

Honestly, I can't blame the guy though. Anyone could go nuts if they were forced to feel people up on a daily basis. It's like that old joke: "What does a gynecologist and a pizza delivery boy have in common?, they can both smell it but can't eat it."

It'd make anyone go insane after a while.

Also, did anyone else pickup on the fact that it was in the "Virgin Airways" terminal? I would really laugh if it turns out he's Arab and he was simply trying to collect.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hasn't anyone blamed this on Ted Cruz, the Tea Party, or George W. yet?

And what's going to be page 1 for days, while the ACA debacle fades into obscurity.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Ignorance isn't a sin. Education can correct it. A couple of additions to what GPIA7R said:

Assault rifle has a proper definition and indeed is capable of full-auto fire. Civilians can own them, but with significant expense and restrictions. Those are called Class 3 and are controlled via the National Firearms Act. They start in the thousands if you have any interest. INGO has a full section for such weapons: Class III (NFA).

Anti-gun politicians and the media have adopted the term "assault weapon" since they've been corrected so often on "assault rifle". Assault weapon does not have any real definition, so it has proven useful to them as a way to confuse the public about the difference (like how you were confused). It has been used as a way to stigmatize ARs and other rifles that we would commonly use by confusing them with machine guns. Using that more flexible term is the kind of thing that results in restrictions based on things like: size of magazine, pistol grips, flash hiders, etc. that have nothing to do with how deadly a gun really is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the more appropriate description of that firearm is Title 2. Doesn't Class 3 refers to a dealer of NFA items?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_II_weapons

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Hasn't anyone blamed this on Ted Cruz, the Tea Party, or George W. yet?

And what's going to be page 1 for days, while the ACA debacle fades into obscurity.

Oh well, I guess you didn't understand. The guy isn't TSA now, he is "anti government", according to the media. Who is the most anti-government? That would be the "terrorists" that shut down the government--the Tea Party. So you see, they've already done it. because words have meanings, and the words they chose to label him as were not "lunatic", "suicidal", "wanted revenge on the TSA", or anything like that. Nope, they called him "anti-govenment".

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    AR means Armalite

The types of rifles we purchase, non class-3, are simply rifles. "Semi-automatic Rifles", if you want to be more specific.

"Assault Rifles" are capable of full-auto fire, and are more attributed to the military-style rifles.

Title II or NFA, not "class-3." Class 3 refers to the SOT paid by dealers, not weapons themselves.

edit: happygunner beat me to this. He is correct.

Probably a damned Libertarian.

Unironically this. I would be shocked if he wasn't an Ayn Rand-reading libertarian who took the tripe he read on right wing extremist forums too seriously.

That's the usual reaction of sheeple.
    Herd together in a pen and wait for the butcher to come and get them. :rolleyes:

It's a shame they didn't have a HSLD operator like you to show them how to cope with the chaos of an active shooter situation. I'm sure you would've coolly fashioned an effective defensive weapon out of a coffee spoon and an airline magazine then leapt onto the gunman from concealment, thus saving the day. :rolleyes:

(quoted post removed)

Are you advocating shooting federal employees because you dislike their agency? I don't see any other way to interpret this post.

Double-Edit:
    Oh well, I guess you didn't understand. The guy isn't TSA now, he is "anti government", according to the media. Who is the most anti-government? That would be the "terrorists" that shut down the government--the Tea Party. So you see, they've already done it. because words have meanings, and the words they chose to label him as were not "lunatic", "suicidal", "wanted revenge on the TSA", or anything like that. Nope, they called him "anti-govenment".

The guy took a rifle to an airport and shot federal employees because they were federal employees. That is explicitly anti-government no matter what silly word games you feel like playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I learned on INGO that guys carrying rifles in crowded public areas are never a threat.

Well, homie at LAX did have it hidden in a bag until the point he wanted to make his point. Slung over someone's shoulder isn't that scary. Some of the big outdoor swap meets I attend have a decent amount of hippies with organic veggies. I've never seen them run in fear over the people that come in trying to trade/sell rifles, not even when it is a teenage Amish kid with his deer gun...a beat to hell SKS.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, homie at LAX did have it hidden in a bag until the point he wanted to make his point. Slung over someone's shoulder isn't that scary. Some of the big outdoor swap meets I attend have a decent amount of hippies with organic veggies. I've never seen them run in fear over the people that come in trying to trade/sell rifles, not even when it is a teenage Amish kid with his deer gun...a beat to hell SKS.
    If I were going to carry my rifle anywhere I wouldn't hide it in a bag and then take it out and put it on. I may remove it while in the car but once I was out it would go back on.

If I saw somebody pull out a rifle from their bag and pull it to their shoulder like they are going to fire - that's an entirely different story. If they pull it out and hold it by the pistol grip and walk around with it - that, also, is an entirely different story. I assume the place was populated so it's unlikely anybody would have a 'clean' shot be it the TSA [if they were armed], the police, the FBI, etc. All of these agencies would take the shots that put more people at risk to save others from being shot by the assailant...

I wish I knew more about what actually happened instead of what the media alleges happened.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I wish I knew more about what actually happened instead of what the media alleges happened.

Do you have any evidence that Ciancia did not walk up to a checkpoint, pull a rifle out of a bag, and start shooting, or is this some sort of knee jerk "If the media says something it must be a cover-up and this is necessarily a false flag attack because ancient aliens and the bible code" reaction?

Top Bottom