Shooting at LAX - airport shutting down? TSA Agent shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If I saw somebody pull out a rifle from their bag and pull it to their shoulder like they are going to fire - that's an entirely different story. If they pull it out and hold it by the pistol grip and walk around with it - that, also, is an entirely different story.

I would hope some brave citizen would take action....since if anyone from law enforcement asked him about it would be an infringment on his rights....better yet, maybe somebody did! Bet some of the keyboard commandos are waking up to email off some angry letters to the airport

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It's a shame they didn't have a HSLD operator like you to show them how to cope with the chaos of an active shooter situation. I'm sure you would've coolly fashioned an effective defensive weapon out of a coffee spoon and an airline magazine then leapt onto the gunman from concealment, thus saving the day.
    Nope....
    I'd have directed them toward an exit while covering their retreat as much as possible with whichever handguns I had with me at the time.
    Quite a lot of the training that I received, and taught, during my twenty three years in Law Enforcement pertained to Emergency Response situations.
    Rest assured I wouldn't have let you die in a bathroom stall. :D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    A jerk murdered one guy at LAX. In the Democrat gun control paradise of Chicago, we call that "Friday between 7:23 and 7:31 pm)
    They'll turn this into another emotional, illogical, stupid, rally cry for more gun control.
    Never mind that the perp broke a half dozen of their precious "Control Measures" and committed his crime with impunity in another friggin "Gun Free Zone."
    Too bad the idiots who pass those useless laws aren't the ones to suffer the consequences of their implementation.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    They'll turn this into another emotional, illogical, stupid, rally cry for more gun control.
    Never mind that the perp broke a half dozen of their precious "Control Measures" and committed his crime with impunity in another friggin "Gun Free Zone."
    Too bad the idiots who pass those useless laws aren't the ones to suffer the consequences of their implementation.

Wont ever happen, they know the risk. That's why they surround themselves with people with guns.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Do you have any evidence that Ciancia did not walk up to a checkpoint, pull a rifle out of a bag, and start shooting, or is this some sort of knee jerk "If the media says something it must be a cover-up and this is necessarily a false flag attack because ancient aliens and the bible code" reaction?
    When they report things as true and then minutes later report that they were incorrect [i.e. he did and then did not work for the TSA] I tend to take the rest of the reporting with a grain of salt.

While I am sure what has been reported is a shade or version of the truth - it is unlikely that it's exactly what actually happened.

That is all - no more, no less.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would hope some brave citizen would take action....since if anyone from law enforcement asked him about it would be an infringment on his rights....better yet, maybe somebody did! Bet some of the keyboard commandos are waking up to email off some angry letters to the airport
    Maybe.

What would I do in such a situation?

Honestly - unless I were already close enough to tackle the guy I'd probably run. Even if I were close enough - would I really tackle him? I don't know - I'd like to think I would but dropped unexpectedly [duh] into such a situation unless you have trained for it - it's really hard to know what you would really do. Many times in such situations there is no time to think - only time to act - and without training - who knows what that action will be.

I don't pretend to be trained for such a situation, hence, not knowing how I would actually handle it - but I can armchair quarterback and speculate all day long :).

Top Bottom