• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Live in a cul de sac with 5 houses, all my neighbors are great. Manicured lawns, no junk, no fences, we all look out for each other and help each other. My house is up for sale, so when the time comes I will miss them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone want to be my neighbor? Hmmm?

I promise to restrict my naked tai chi in the back yard to my posted schedule.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    The only unusual thing that I have ever observed one of my neighbors doing is a guy that has mounted lights on his push-mower and mows his yard at night trailing a long electric cord. I assume that he just doesn't like doing it during the heat of the day. I can't decide if he is really strange or an eccentric genius.
    Just taking advantage of "off peak hrs." The rate is less. I have a water heater set up the same way.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Anyone want to be my neighbor? Hmmm?

I promise to restrict my naked tai chi in the back yard to my posted schedule.

I'm not moving north, but you can move down to Bloomington.

You would fit in great in my neighborhood! The pretty young lesbians are welcome too, and the guy with the skid steers and dozers.

You guys have all read my favorite children's book "Andrew Henry's Meadow" right?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Good ol' fashioned neighborhood here with retired people who manicure their lawns and always greet with a smile. Next door is another story where he was once married and his wife done all the chores. Now he's divorced and the lawn doesn't get mowed till he literally has to rake the yard when he does finally mow. I would think he would get the idea that if he kept up on it, it wouldn't be as much work but whatever.

Other parts of the neighborhood are going to he** in a hand basket with section 8 low lifes but that's another story.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Most of my neighbors are Burmese, when they first immigrated to the U.S., watching them do things like water the lawn with a 5 gallon bucket and cut the grass with a large pair of shears. I felt like I was re-living my child hood watching The Beverly Hillbillies, only this time they are Asian.
    I WILL be selling my home as soon as our two remaining adult children move out for good.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As in closest to your home.

My neighbor's relatives like Jimmy Buffet as I have seen them with 1/2 gallons of Tequila in each hand on their way to a concert. Neighbor (only one) is an architect with an atrocious taste in color combinations. The 'occasional' neighbor is one who tries to steal something or like one evening, a drunk busted out my rear door window with a righteous TV style karate chop, caught on camera, after which he tottered away to who knows where.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    All my neighbors are good people. We help each other out whenever we can.

The only issues I have is the neighbor to the north doesn't return my tools after borrowing them. I have to go ask for them back, so I done loaning to him.

My neighbor to my east went through a divorce a couple years ago and has been on a steady decline ever since. The house has been in foreclosure since 2011. I tried to help him keep up with his grass last year, while he sat in the house drinking his sorrows away. His grass is tall now and the dandelions are over a foot tall.

My neighbor to my West has a key to my house. We cut each others grass when we are on vacation.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Most of my neighbors are Burmese, when they first immigrated to the U.S., watching them do things like water the lawn with a 5 gallon bucket and cut the grass with a large pair of shears. I felt like I was re-living my child hood watching The Beverly Hillbillies, only this time they are Asian.
    I WILL be selling my home as soon as our two remaining adult children move out for good.

A few years ago I walked outside and saw one of my neighbors to the south (they don't live there now) crawling around in her front yard. She had a pair of scissors and was cutting the grass. I offered to mow the yard for her and she said that she was almost done. Her pupils were the size of dinner plates and she was barely dressed. Sometimes living in a student neighborhood is funny.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Most of our immediate neighbors are retired. We get along ok with all but one. That one really sucks. Husband got into a rather heated argument with him recently. Husband was mowing another neighbor's yard, she is a recently widowed handicapped woman. The one stupid neighbor complained that the cut grass was getting on his garage siding, which sits right on the property line. Husband cussed him out, which I fear will just escalate things, and now he'll just be starting more trouble for us. He has already tried to get the other neighbors against us, because one of our dogs barks too much sometimes. No other neighbors like him, either, so that didn't go far. A lot of the properties in our neighborhood are getting kind of run-down, weeds growing in the flower beds in front of the house, etc. I keep ours nice, I don't care much about the others, but I enjoy having a nice lawn, trees and plants. Not sure when I got that way, we used to be gone all weekend, or partying when we were younger, and I didn't worry so much about the landscaping!
    I know that 2 neighbors bowl on a Friday morning league and ride together to the bowling alley. One neighbor doesn't like guns and thinks that's what the cops are for. One neighbor starts drinking in the AM. Another neighbor wishes I'd go to her church again.
    I like to be friendly with the neighbors, but not to the extent that they become a nuisance and I don't want to go outside if they are out. That is how it got with the one crappy neighbor, before we all started not getting along. He even walked in our house without knocking once!
    Truth be told, if I had it my way, we would live in the country and not have to worry about neighbors. It is convenient and close to work where we live, though.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    To the north, witness protection program.
    To the south, Russian spies living as ordinary Americans.
    To the west, a fashion model, who, if she likes you, leaves her bedroom curtains open in the eve.
    To my east, a guy with a very powerful telescope and lots of boxes of tissues.
    All super nice people who don't get in each other's business. Except the lady that banned my dogs from running in her yard. I guess that's me getting in her business.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    My neighbor is an older gentleman and we get along great. I help him and visa versa. The ones across the street are another story: libtards, an odd retired couple, and two that'd just as soon spit on you as to look at you.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    NW of me - "Ambulance chaser" lawyer and his school bus driver wife. Two kids. Two yappy dogs. Good people. Great neighbors.

Due north: Single mom of two girls. One soon-to-be graduating HS and one just finishing her second year at IU. Younger will be joining older at IU this fall.

NE of me: Don't really know them well. They've not been there long. They have two dogs, a rabbit, and a 10-year old boy.

Due east of me: retired or semi-retired; not sure. Nice people when you catch them out in the yard but mainly keep to themselves. He sometimes drives a nice 100k Benz, but I think it's a company car as it has Marion Co. plates and we ain't in Marion co.

Due west of me: "blended family". He's a tatted-up motorcycle ridin do-it-yourselfer concrete guy. She's a school nurse. They and her two kids (17 and 12?) have lived there about 5-6 years with their two dogs. Aside from a few loud parties they have every year (and we're always invited) - great neighbors.

To the SE of us: An older couple. He's the head of a large para-church organization. Don't know about her; probably busy being a grandma.

Due south of us: An older couple and their recently-moved-back-home-due-to-divorce son. Nice people.

SW of us: Young couple purchased a forclosed / vacant home and have remodeled it. They have to young girls and two cats that like to wander around. Their kids are the same age as my kids; not entirely sure how good of playmates they'll be going forward - but only because my wife and I don't know them (the parents) very well.

We love our 'hood. Quiet for the most part. A good mix of young and old. though, sadly, many of the old / original residents are dying off. Guess that's just life.

Top Bottom