• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    He still hasn't figured out where his cat went.

<No cat was harmed in the making of this posting...just relocated>

Last edited:

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Oh, I'll play.

Neighbors on one side is pretty descent and don't have to many gripes. They speak spanish, and the hand full of times I've taked to them the teenage daughter translated for us. My major compalaint is that he mowes part of my lawn, because he wants his house to look nice. And it's not really him mowing the lawn that bothers me, it's that he cuts it to putting green height and when it gets hot the grass dries out and dies. (I know, mow my own yard and he wouldn't have to, but he's come out after I mowed and cut it shorter).

On the other side is an older lady whom I haven't seen in at least 2 years and her adult aged son (mid 20s?). The house has been in forclosure since 2011. They can't seem to pay the mortgage, but new cars manage to show up in the drive way. They do not mow or maintain the house one bit, only time anything is done is when the HOA sends someone out, and they've stopped doing that becuase they dont pay the fines.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I live in an apt. Building in downtown Cleveland. One neighbor is a professional ball player who is dating one of the Cavs cheerleader, and the other I'm pretty sure is the leader of ISIS. . . Yup, pretty sure.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    most of my neighbors are old(er)...which is great. they bake cookies and keep an eye on the neighborhood, all the while being virtually silent. we live on a court. the next street over is my aunt and uncle (with a big swimming pool :) and a few houses down from them is a gunsmith.
    my neighborhood is like heaven compared to where my wife and I used to live.
    when we were young and dumb we lived in the Marina apts on 21st between Post and Mitthoeffer. wow. just wow. at first it was nice...lots of fishing, cool neighbors, etc. then they had a down period, apparently needed some money and they started a referral system. so a certain group of people started milking the referral system and in less than a year we were practically in fear for our lives. They spray painted "Get out honkey" on my car and they placed a pool table in front of our front apartment door...just the strangest stuff lol. we called a realtor and looked at 15 houses in 3 weeks until we found the house we're in now (going on 9 years now) and we got outta dodge city for good.
    the sounds of dogs barking and crickets chirping and children playing outside...why it sometimes puts me to sleep...
    'Murica!

ETA: neighbors to the south plow our driveway when the snow is deep...up a hill and around a corner...so nice of them...

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My neighbors are all the forest creatures. I see the two legged variety on occasion coming in from the HNF, but I don't consider them neighbors as they have to travel quite a distance.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My next door neighbor and her sister when I was in junior high school were a lot more interesting than the current or any other past neighbors. In summer they enjoyed working in the yard in bikinis or short shorts and bikini tops. It was a glorious visual feast for a young teenager.

Unfortunately she was killed in a traffic accident and her sister has suffered some tragedies close to if not worse than that. Very sad.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am unsure if any neighbors are on here...I don't have any more problems with any of them than they have with me. One annoys me some...but no direct problems with any. Only issue in the 'hood' are the kids that think we live on a drag strip.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    South is a widow, sweet gal if she likes you. Watches the house when we're gone. North, rarely see them as they keep to themselves unless grandkids are in their pool. Backyard is vacant w/ nice trees. Diagonal backyard is a neighbor that doesn't seem fit to use curtains, hmmmm.
    Years ago I went out to view a lunar eclipse at 5 a.m., trying to take a picture of it, and got a "moonshot" of my neighbor walking out of his bathroom!!!! :n00b: No, I didn't take a pic, don't need a Peeping Tom rap.... but I was a bit shocked! No wonder the deer stay out of their yard at night.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I'm skimming through the posts to see if anyone is my neighbor lol. So far no luck, although I don't do anything that would set me apart.

I don't think my next door neighbors are around much, but when they are there's a nice perdy Mustang in the drive.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Neighbor across the street is former LEO, has a resume that would make any man jealous, and he currently works a helicopter flight paramedic. His wife used to set off the big boy fireworks. We really like them. :)

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    My neighbors to the left and right of me are pretty decent. About the same age. We invite em over for parties and get togethers. The neighbor to the West he married a woman with a son. The son is 23 and married. He moved his wife in. Mom can't kick him out cuz it is her boy. He does drugs, has had 100s of jobs, steals from them constantly. Just found out he ran up thousands on their credit card. They have direct payment on the CC from their bank. So the kid is first to get the mail. Figured it out, when his Mom hits the shower, he goes threw her purse grabs the credit card and hits the store for some junk food, then gets a cash advance and hustles to put the card back. Yea when the dad needs to let off steam he comes by to talk. His wife tells him not to cut the yard, the kid needs to do something. Kid won't do it so the grass gets tall. At least the houses are quite far apart.

Now behind me is better. Nothing but woods and a gravel pit for close to a mile.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My neighbors all take evening walks and stop at each other's home to chew the fat. They all work hard and keep their yards looking great. Four of them ride Harley's and the new guy has a CBR. I love it here! A real neighborhood with no HOA, and a bunch of families who care about their property. However, I do plan to move to the mountain next year.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The closest ones to me are 305 yards away. When they first moved in the oldest teenage boy was ripping through our fields with his 3 friends on their 4 wheelers. They stopped next to the truck that belongs to the guy that cash rented some of our land. They climbed all over his truck and tried to get inside. I yelled at them and got yelled at back, I think they really respected me because they gave me some kind of special salute as well. When I saw them in the field a second time I drove back there to run them off and they ran from me except for one of them. I told him to tell the rest of the crew they weren't welcome here. He rolled his eyes and said "whatever" then rode off for the day. The next day they were back at it and I called the sheriff and told him everything. He verified it with the cash renter who saw them on his truck as well while he was in the field. The sheriff had a talk with them, of course they denied it. I showed him a picture the wife took on her phone.

We used to have a small trash dumpster across the road by the grain bin. One night the dogs started going nuts and I saw the middle aged boy (about 14) taking a bag to the dumpster and throwing it in while his parents were gone. The bag made a huge crash with breaking glass. I went to see what he threw out and it was beer and booze bottles.

Several months later I was looking for one of the dogs who is very gunshy and runs. They were out shooting 22s in their backyard while I was looking and yelling for him. Every time I would call for him they would all fire. A couple times I got close to catching him then they would just unload on a target making him take off. My wife came out to help and I took off on a walk over there to ask them to stop for a few minutes so we could get our dog. The father came to the door and said they weren't shooting they had firecrackers and were about finished. To avoid an argument I said thanks then came back home.

They are on their 4th yappie dog that they leave out all the time because the coyotes have taken the first 3. They no longer ride the 4 wheelers through our fields but through their own yards. In the summer when they weren't in school it would start around 10am and go until about 7pm with only a few breaks. Real fun when the wife was on third shift. The oldest boy is now away at college but still comes home now and then. He drives some little POS with one of those coffee can mufflers. With him gone it's a little more quiet, except for the yapper and the littlest girl who likes to play siren.

My summary is we have neighbors that are thieves, underage drinkers, are armed, liars, and this is condoned by the parents. This is why I know it's exactly 305 yards to their place. Big shock, they moved out here from the city.

All the rest of the neighbors are fine and good people.

Top Bottom