• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No complaints at all about my neighbors. The ones next door to the west are like the Waltons... nice family, 8 kids, and all of them seem to pitch in around the yard and house and the older ones help take care of the younger ones. The guy that lived there before them was another story. He had about 11 vehicles, only one of which actually ran (barely). He had three dogs that he basically ignored, so we took care of them. This was a young guy... in his 30's I would guess, but crazy as a loon. The inside of his house had gotten so bad by the time he lost it due to foreclosure that realtors would make people sign a waiver before going in to look at it. One time, his basement flooded with about 4 feet of water. He didn't take anything out... no cabinetry, no drywall, nothing. Needless to say it turned into a black mold pit. When the realtors or bank started cleaning out the house, they found a dead cat in one of the cabinets. :n00b: When the new neighbors bought the house, they had to pay cash because no bank would issue a mortgage on it because it was in such bad shape. Now it has returned to its former glory (the guy is a contractor so he did all the work himself). Before the crazy guy moved in, it had been one of the real showplace homes in the neighborhood so I'm glad to see it get back in shape!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Mine always want to know what we are doing and how much it costs. Then they complain they don't like the looks of what ever but somehow always want to use what ever..

Biggest example I can think of on how crazy they are: We told them we were building a chain link fence. They said please dont put it on the line because they did not want to mow next to it. No problem, we set it back about 8 feet (2 mower width passes). Before we built they said how ugly fences are and blah blah blah. After we built our fence, they now mow right up next to it and ask if their dog can run in our fenced in yard.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Most of mine keep to themselves. I've been surprised at the journey through life they have had when we chatted about serious matters a few times.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good fences make good neighbors. Closest is 1800 feet, out past the end of the drive. Can just see his roof in the summer with the leaves on.
    South neighbor builds good fences. Keeps his cows home. Can't see his house.
    Nobody complains when I shoot.

I live in heaven.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ones to the south are a nice couple with a sweet little girl, the mom was driving a bus when I was, not sure if she still is. Across the street to the south are a lovely Russian family. The guy to the north is a real richard, and I do whatever I can to get under his skin. The ones across the street to the north seem to have a lot of friends on the police department; they come around to visit sometimes.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My closest neighbors are really nice people. They do yoga on Monday nights and their Yoga instructor brings over a big brass gong for the session. I think one of them is in a Prince cover band and another is a photographer. They really are friendly folks and sometimes we talk books and music.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The neighbors to the north have 4 dogs.
    They let the out late at night. And they bark. A lot.

Last week, their dogs were raising Cain. So I went through the gate and brought them all into MY back yard.

My wife said "what the heck are you doing?" Over their continued barking.

I hopped back into bed and said "let's see how THEY like it with barking dogs in their next door neighbor's yard!"

Sometimes I leave her speechless with my brilliance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My neighbors are a melting pot of cultural differences. The older long term ones are very cool. I see to their needs as 1 is a widow with a lot of medical issues. She is across the street. Her neighbor is a single woman and we take care of her when she needs help with the house. Both have lived here as long as we have. Good people. They keep watch. The people to the south are easy going. Beyond that the rest suck.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I live on a suburb size lot. My neighbors behind me have a privacy fence so I know nothing about them except they have a dog with a very scary bark. To the south is a single guy that likes to talk about himself so I avoid him. The elderly lady across the street is dying and wants me to be a pallbearer which I'm not looking forward to. The people to the north is Mexican/American Indian family. Nice people but they have about 10 people living in a 1300 square foot house. They also have 8 vehicles. One of the girls that lives there has a sticker on her truck that says: "I'm so gay that I don't even drive straight". So, lesbians. But we do feel safe in our neighborhood and have been here for 32 years.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My neighbors are a mix of good and bad. I mostly ignore the bad ones and enjoy the good ones.

My favorite ones eat my flowers. See below.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My neighbors down the hill always want something.He used to always borrow my tools,and break them. He returned my Saws All with 13 blades either smashed or snapped. I did not check,cause a desant person would have bought new blades...used my heavy chain,and returned it without both hooks?On and ON. But the WORST was when found my mushroom spot.......And that CRAZY hillbilly wife of his..............but all around,it is a great ,safe place to raise the kids.

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    My neighbors down the hill always want something.He used to always borrow my tools,and break them. He returned my Saws All with 13 blades either smashed or snapped. I did not check,cause a desant person would have bought new blades...used my heavy chain,and returned it without both hooks?On and ON. But the WORST was when found my mushroom spot.......And that CRAZY hillbilly wife of his..............but all around,it is a great ,safe place to raise the kids.

As long as you keep an eye on the pedophile down the road... Chuckys old place. Ever find out what was up with that???

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    He moved last year... wasn't one...Had him checked out...Just a Ahole....He didn't feel WELCOME...... Nothing to see here.....keep the line a movin'

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The only unusual thing that I have ever observed one of my neighbors doing is a guy that has mounted lights on his push-mower and mows his yard at night trailing a long electric cord. I assume that he just doesn't like doing it during the heat of the day. I can't decide if he is really strange or an eccentric genius.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My neighbor...

Man, I forgot how flat northern Indiana is. Even the ant hills are flat there.

My neighbors are pretty typical I guess. On one side is an older retired couple that are often traveling. He's a gun guy. The other is okay. They have kids who are much like I was, so there's that. I often hear gunfire down the road a ways. In a good way though. I'd sure like to be their neighbor.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Mine tear up my yard, They sneak around at all hours making holes in the yard. I try to use all kinds of security but nothing seems to help. Most days I can be found sitting in a lawn chair with a .22 in hand with hope that one of them sticks their head out of the hole so I can shoot their little a@%!

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    My closest neighbor is across 2 cornfield behind me, he has a ffl and does transfers for me for free. His neighbor across 2 cornfields in front of him, has bulldozers and skidsteers and such and will plow the show in his driveway for free. It's really a pretty good neighborhood here. :D

Top Bottom