• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What did you people do to get on these list in the first place? :dunno:

Wish I knew. I donated to a candidate in 2016, but my wife didn't... and she's getting the texts too.

Nothing matters. I'm sure the NRA and every GOP candidate are happy to sell your information to whoever wants it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wish I knew. I donated to a candidate in 2016, but my wife didn't... and she's getting the texts too.

Nothing matters. I'm sure the NRA and every GOP candidate are happy to sell your information to whoever wants it.

I don't really doubt it...but I haven't gotten any texts or e-mails.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Misspellings are intentional...

2b2bf5d7-5c44-45e0-9c6b-b3dd0829f02d.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fool me once???...

Joe Donnelly Runs Stealth Facebook Ads Boosting Libertarian In Senate Race

...Indiana Democrats are funding a last-minute attempt to split the Republican vote in the state’s crucial Senate contest by boosting the race’s long-shot Libertarian candidate.

The state Democratic Party began purchasing Facebook ads on Thursday questioning the conservative bona fides of Republican challenger Mike Braun by, among other things, suggesting he backed Hillary Clinton in 2016. The ads, which encouraged voters to back Libertarian Party candidate Lucy Brenton, say they are “authorized by Donnelly for Indiana,” the campaign of incumbent Democrat Sen. Joe Donnelly...

...That ad and half a dozen like it are being run on two pages titled Tax Hike Mike Braun and Hoosier Conservatives. Both pages were created on Wednesday and appear to be nothing but platforms for the Democratic ads they’re hosting, though neither says that it’s a project of state Democrats. Each of the ads links to Brenton’s campaign website...

...Similar tactics are in play in other key Senate races, where Democratic-aligned groups have recently circulated direct mail pieces attacking Republican candidates and boosting their Libertarian opponents...

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't really doubt it...but I haven't gotten any texts or e-mails.

I subscribed to road closure information via text message when they were doing the Ohio River bridges project. Big mistake. Prior to that I had never given my number out. I never got spam phone calls or texts untill a few days after. Those Mother****ers sold my number. Now I get spammed all the time. Businesses lie, they damn sure do sell your info.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I subscribed to road closure information via text message when they were doing the Ohio River bridges project. Big mistake. Prior to that I had never given my number out. I never got spam phone calls or texts untill a few days after. Those Mother****ers sold my number. Now I get spammed all the time. Businesses lie, they damn sure do sell your info.

Duh........................

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've gotten a lot of unanswered calls lately. Just recently, getting txts also.

I must have been sloppy with my info somewhere. A couple of political txts today called me by name...:xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And with that, why is the topic of abortion on a gun forum?

Abortion is what got Donnelly into office. Mourdock got media trapped into an inartfull comment about abortion. The party was scared :poop:less to back him up and a lot of "us" vocally bailed on him also due to the prevailing PC culture at the time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never give my cell number out. Tell people I don't have one. I still get text and calls.
    Ever answer your phone and no one’s there? Bots dial random numbers often spoofing numbers in your area. When you answer, they know it’s a number with a person behind it. You go on a list that gets sold.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And with that, why is the topic of abortion on a gun forum?
    Because this is the political subforum and the people most active in it like to talk about politics. Abortion is a political issue. It’s one of the issues that are important to voters. I don’t see the harm of Abortion being discussed, particularly in the context of a thread about a candidate and his views. Well, notwithstanding the likelihood that some of the discussion may be trolling from a potential shill account a few pages back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Abortion is what got Donnelly into office. Mourdock got media trapped into an inartfull comment about abortion. The party was scared :poop:less to back him up and a lot of "us" vocally bailed on him also due to the prevailing PC culture at the time.
    I mostly agree with this representation, other than “inartfull” being completely descriptive, and the assumption of “us” as an ideologically consistent orthodoxy. But absolutely agree that Mourdock was goaded into saying something really stupid by a biased press. He was stupid enough to get himself Akin’d.

This is representative of why the TEA Party failed. It started out as a bipartisan group focused on fiscal responsibility, then got taken over by people who wear their religion on their sleeves, among others. That worked when religious people made up a big chunk of the electorate.

Mourdock came off as a religious fanatic to more moderate Republicans. The GOP would do better to avoid such candidates. Not saying there’s anything wrong with being religious, but candidates will be more successful they separate religious life from political life, because religious beliefs are much more diverse now.

Top Bottom