• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Actually I was not that disappointed in the numbers. I've been doing this for a long time and usually you're very lucky to get 10 people to show up in the state of Indiana.

The problem is we just have it too good and most citizens don't feel like they need to do anything. They always expect someone else to do it. So the 30 of us who are true supporters and are willing to fight for the rights for the rest of you.

Last year, I promoted very heavily looking for supporters to come help me here in South Bend protest our annual gun buyback.

The morning of the buyback had done three television interviews and one radio interview and I was really expecting a big turnout from all over the state to help me. As it turned out I had 4 besides me and one of them was from Chicago. I know after the reporters got back to the newsroom they were having a good laugh about how many actual supporters there are against gun buybacks.

I did return the favor several months later and drove to downtown Chicago to show my support for a rally they were doing just because the one guy came to help me.

Suggestion for next time, we should organize the state into districts and find someone in each district to organize groups to show up next time. We have to remember that not everyone is on the Internet or pays much attention to it. We need to do more face-to-face with our allies in our neighborhoods. We could have an 11 x 17 flyer printed and posted in every gun shop throughout the state several months in advance of the next March.

Would be willing to be part of a board to start the organization of the next March because I believe if we organize better we can be much more successful than we were this time.

I always stand up, WILL YOU!

We had some good people out there marching together, and I felt very fortunate to be in all of your company. Thanks

P.S. Of course any of you can use any of my photographs, but I would appreciate if you could give me credit. Something like "Photograph taken by Mark Vanderberg GunRightsRadio.com"

Have not finished editing the rest of the photographs but I should have more uploaded in about a week.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I didn't go. Let me explain some reasons; perhaps they will help you in planning the next event.

-Parking-- Parking in Indy is a problem.... and for an event like this, out of towners need specifics on where to park that is friendly to something like this. If we're on our own, then a lot of us may just decide not to come to Indy and deal with the hassle.

-Timing-- For me, Saturday afternoons are bad; but more importantly its hard for me to justify coming to Indy for a march. Now, if this was timed with something like the Indy 1500 show weekend, I can plan on going to the show and the march.

-Exposure -- The more the better. Free advertising can be done too...but beyond this board (I spend a lot more time on Arfcom)

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I sooo wanted to be a part of this, and was actually plotting a way to get out of work for it, when a work related obligation cropped up. There was NO WAY for me to attend AND remain employed.

Scott

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Just curious, did anyone else join the Oath Keepers?
    When I first read their web page a couple of months ago I misread the membership requirements. I thought it was only active service or retired. I revisited the page after I got home and was pleased to find Veterans qualified.:yesway:
    So I went ahead and joined.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Indy 1500 weekend would be bad. No one would show up, especially those of us who'd be working there. Great place to advertise, though, as are gun stores and targeted forum posts in various fora.

The Web is a terrible place to advertise. Most people pay no attention. How many of you know who I am, from my sig file?

Smoking, glad to know your personal gratification ranks above doing something relevant. You just keep on doing that, and we'll all be happy. I'm puzzled, though, why you were shooting your .357 instead of smoking it.

ETA: I guess I don't have a sig file in this forum yet. Oops:ugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    It's finally happened. A gun forum advocates not shooting.

I ain't seen it all, but I'm getting close.

I am not a "forum." I am a man.:):

I advocate shooting. There were 24 hours of Saturday, 7 days of week, 30 of April, 365 of 2010. Surely those particular two hours would have been worthwhile spending promoting your right to shoot the rest of those? You could even have worn your red shirt, with Che, or Star Trek logo, and black beret (very French).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Just curious, did anyone else join the Oath Keepers?

I did not, for two reasons.

First, I'm already on record that my enlistment oath lasts for life and may, under extreme circumstances, require me to start a revolution against a government that ignores the Constitution. I know what that oath means and I took it 6 times over 25 years.

Second, if some lefticle spouts off with something about, "You're one of those teabaggers or oathkeepers, aren't you?" I can say, "No."

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I am not a "forum." I am a man.:):

I advocate shooting. There were 24 hours of Saturday, 7 days of week, 30 of April, 365 of 2010. Surely those particular two hours would have been worthwhile spending promoting your right to shoot the rest of those? You could even have worn your red shirt, with Che, or Star Trek logo, and black beret (very French).

Or I could have went shooting. I don't generally tell people what to do. By the way, what I did Saturday, on the side, may do more for gun rights than your event. We'll see. It may be one hell of a fight. There are lots of fronts that need to be worked.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Just getting to a computer with some free time. Had a great time at the walk. If anyone was uneasy about going, everything went smoothly. More smiles from the surrounding people than frowns. A few blank stares too. I heard the guy say he didn't know what the 2nd Amendment was, pretty sad. Looking forward to the next one, and will hopefully get a better sling by then. Glad to see everyone that was able to come out, and looking forward to seeing some of those that couldn't next time.:patriot::ingo:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Blood, I went online and joined the Oath Keepers as soon as I got home.

By my count I took my oath of office six times during my law enforcement career, and, like Mr. Baker I regard those oaths as still being in effect, but I like the idea of joining publicly with those who have done the same.

Liberty aka Lieutenant Harry Thomas, Cincinnati Police Department (ret.)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Well, I had to work. In my line of business I can't schedule anything.

I haven't brought myself to OC'ing yet so slinging an AR over my shoulder and marching down crowded Indy streets would freak me out completely. hell, I'd probably drop over dead and have to bury myself! :)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Eagle, I think your commitment to gun ownership rights, and civil rights in general is more than well established here.

No need to waste bandwidth defending yourself.

We had a saying in the Cincinnati PD...never get in a pixxing contest with a skunk.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks SE for your work on this march.
    Everyone lets try and keep this thread to the topic on hand. The AAR of the march.
    While it's "fun" to read the back and forth some of the members have for each other it dilutes the real reading of this thread. Please use the BREAK ROOM or PMs for the other stuff.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks SE for your work on this march.
    Everyone lets try and keep this thread to the topic on hand. The AAR of the march.
    While it's "fun" to read the back and forth some of the members have for each other it dilutes the real reading of this thread. Please use the BREAK ROOM or PMs for the other stuff.

Yes, I'm sorry. I know better than this. However, you don't call someone a coward in public and think it will stand. I will try harder to refrain myself.

Top Bottom