• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    No, I want no association with Ron Paul. I used to respect him until he decided that cutting 60% of the military was a good idea.

We will have to talk about Ron's feeling on the millitary later.

but for the intent of impact, public reception, and overall notice. the people that will be there to see Ron will largley be open to open carry, and will garner more media attention as large numbers of writeups will most likely follow his speech.

but regardless, I do have access to a large number of politically active students on IU and Purdue's campus.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We will have to talk about Ron's feeling on the millitary later.

but for the intent of impact, public reception, and overall notice. the people that will be there to see Ron will largley be open to open carry, and will garner more media attention as large numbers of writeups will most likely follow his speech.

but regardless, I do have access to a large number of politically active students on IU and Purdue's campus.

I can appreciate the contacts at the campuses. However, the followers of Ron Paul are not the audience I'm targeting. Targeting those who already respect open carry would be the equivalent of patting ourselves on the back. In order to have an impact on perception of Open Carry or gun owners in general would be to target those that have no idea that carry is legal let alone carrying a rifle in public is legal.

Even if we only change one mind or reach out to one person to get them curious about firearm ownership and self responsibility, we have still done a good job. The fliers we have to hand out do a good job of explaining ourselves to someone than we would have time to do at the time of the march, walk, rally, whatever.

It would be much the same as going to a NASCAR race preaching the glory of roll cages. That's why going during a Ron Paul rally would be like patting ourselves on the back.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I can appreciate the contacts at the campuses. However, the followers of Ron Paul are not the audience I'm targeting. Targeting those who already respect open carry would be the equivalent of patting ourselves on the back. In order to have an impact on perception of Open Carry or gun owners in general would be to target those that have no idea that carry is legal let alone carrying a rifle in public is legal.

Even if we only change one mind or reach out to one person to get them curious about firearm ownership and self responsibility, we have still done a good job. The fliers we have to hand out do a good job of explaining ourselves to someone than we would have time to do at the time of the march, walk, rally, whatever.

It would be much the same as going to a NASCAR race preaching the glory of roll cages. That's why going during a Ron Paul rally would be like patting ourselves on the back.

I am more than open to the possibility of doing it on a different day, but doing it in conjunction will cause a bigger stir. As more people will be exposed to it, and just like the cabby from the last indy march, we may get people to come join us on the fly.

the contacts should help make the group larger, even if they have no rifles to carry. and even many members of this group will be unaware of the laws. incorporating them may help me make a push at the state level next year for changing the campus carry laws, and get the colleges to stop preventing us from carrying at school.

I understand preaching to the choir, but even many in my congregation haven't seen the light. Just look at the number of people on this board that neither carry, or understand the carry laws in this state?

By partnering with people more tied to the community we can target areas, or events that will draw the most attention towards us. We want to be noticed, by people or the press. But if we can change peoples minds, or inform a few more people about their rights then we were successful. this will be best accomplished by going to where people are. We have to
    run a subtle mix of energizing people that agree with us to be active, and encountering new people, unaware, uninterested or opposed to the laws we are restrained by.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am more than open to the possibility of doing it on a different day, but doing it in conjunction will cause a bigger stir. As more people will be exposed to it, and just like the cabby from the last indy march, we may get people to come join us on the fly.

the contacts should help make the group larger, even if they have no rifles to carry. and even many members of this group will be unaware of the laws. incorporating them may help me make a push at the state level next year for changing the campus carry laws, and get the colleges to stop preventing us from carrying at school.

I understand preaching to the choir, but even many in my congregation haven't seen the light. Just look at the number of people on this board that neither carry, or understand the carry laws in this state?

By partnering with people more tied to the community we can target areas, or events that will draw the most attention towards us. We want to be noticed, by people or the press. But if we can change peoples minds, or inform a few more people about their rights then we were successful. this will be best accomplished by going to where people are. We have to
    run a subtle mix of energizing people that agree with us to be active, and encountering new people, unaware, uninterested or opposed to the laws we are restrained by.

I suppose you have a point. And being in Bloomington we'll have the chance to cater to both groups. I don't know though. It seems like really short notice for those who'll be working. Of course I'm not the only one that can organize something like this. All it takes is stating a day, time, and place and telling people to show up. :dunno:

I definitely want to do one before the election cycle though.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I suppose you have a point. And being in Bloomington we'll have the chance to cater to both groups. I don't know though. It seems like really short notice for those who'll be working. Of course I'm not the only one that can organize something like this. All it takes is stating a day, time, and place and telling people to show up. :dunno:

I definitely want to do one before the election cycle though.

really the hardest part with trying to line it up with the RP event is he is there on a tuesday night. Perhaps we should aim for a Friday or Saturday. I also suggest we make a formal invitation to all people seeking elected office in the state of indina to attend

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    really the hardest part with trying to line it up with the RP event is he is there on a tuesday night. Perhaps we should aim for a Friday or Saturday. I also suggest we make a formal invitation to all people seeking elected office in the state of indina to attend

This isn't a rally. It's just a group of individuals (or multiple groups) walking around with slung rifles and fliers. Where would they meet us? I seriously doubt they'd want to walk with us. :dunno:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'd be down for an idea like that. But you're right, not many others would.

Oh absolutely! ;)

No, I want no association with Ron Paul. I used to respect him until he decided that cutting 60% of the military was a good idea.
    That 60% is the part that is in other countries...he's not talking about making our forces less effective./:hijack:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That 60% is the part that is in other countries...he's not talking about making our forces less effective./:hijack:

This isn't making our forces less effective? :scratch: This is the proposal from Barney Frank and Ron Paul.

THIS IS A VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE
    Although Scary!

The following is an opinion piece written by Chet Nagle, graduate of the US Naval Academy and author of Iran Covenant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Nagle

The Obama administration intends to slash the defense budget in order to pay for its riotous spending on bailouts, "stimulus bills," their signature healthcare program, and massive pork bribes for votes from congressmen who hopefully will not survive this November's balloting.

To continue the spending spree, the White House plans to eliminate over a trillion defense dollars in the next ten years. Details of those proposed cuts were laid out by Rep. Barney Frank's (D-MA) Sustainable Defense Task Force in a 56 page report titled:
    Debt, Deficits, and Defense - A Way Forward. None of the service arms are spared.

The Navy will be reduced to eight aircraft carriers (from twelve planned) and seven air wings. Eight ballistic missile submarines will be cut from the planned force of 14, leaving just six. Building of nuclear attack submarines will be cut in half, leaving a force of 40 by 2020. The four active guided missile submarines would be cut, too. Destroyer building would be frozen and the new DDG-1000 destroyer program cancelled. Among other huge cuts, the fleet is to be reduced to 230 combat ships, eliminating 57 vessels from a current force level of 287.

The Air Force must retire six fighter air wings equivalents, and at the same time build 301 fewer F-35 fighters. The nuclear bomber force will be completely eliminated in the name of unilateral disarmament-the B-1 and B-2 and B-52 and other bombers will still be able to drop bombs, but their nuclear weapon wiring and controls will simply be removed.

Procurement of the new refueling tanker and the C-17 cargo aircraft will be cancelled. Directed energy beam research and other advanced missile and space warfare defense projects will also be eliminated or curtailed.

Active duty Army personnel will be slashed from 562,400 to 360,000. That includes elimination of about five active-component brigade combat teams (the report is not exact). The Army will also suffer a myriad of other cuts, including closure of overseas bases.

The Marine Corps would be cut by 30%, from 202,000 to 145,000, and the other funding cuts planned for the Corps mean the United States will not be able to mount a major amphibious landing on any hostile shore.

Marine Corps programs to be killed include the V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft and the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle.

The hot button item of reducing pay, pension, healthcare and other benefits for our soldiers, their wives, their families and their widows is stated as: "Resetting the calculation of military compensation and reforming the provision of military health care..."

Whatever those mysterious words will ultimately come to mean, the task force report shows a planned reduction of pay and benefits for the troops and their families to the tune of $120 billion.

Many other proposed cuts are not addressed in coherent detail, including how the reduction of our deployed nuclear warheads to 500 would be accomplished (a much greater reduction than contemplated by the pending START treaty with Russia).

Today's deterrent force of 500 Minuteman III missiles, for example, would be reduced to just 160 missiles or less, which then leaves a balance of 340 warheads for ballistic submarines and tactical delivery systems everywhere in the world!

Other key parts of American strategic defenses are slashed as well, including modernization, research, and maintaining safety and reliability of existing weapons.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    For the record, there is no copyright on that article because it was an open letter that went out to many media companies by Chet himself.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I looked, and I failed, but there is a thread with a goofy title about "ILOLOC" or something like that which is were a new 2A walk was being discussed. This is the After Action Report for the 2A walk from back in April. That should have the info you're looking for, if it's been decided yet. I know the thread existed, It's Friday afternoon, so I probably just over looked it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would start the planning for a third event but things have been really hectic here. The down time I have had I've just been too lazy to start the planning phase. There is a good foundation set for another one so if someone wants to take the reins that would be great. I don't want to see this die so if no one else is willing at all, I will make time for it.

Top Bottom