Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok, so this is snowballing. Way over half of the Union now. See here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Updated Map as of now:
    t0m1cy.jpg

There are several states that seem to want to secede from themselves.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I signed the petition to secede. Do I really think it will happen? No, but at least I made sure my voice will be heard that I'm not happy with the status quo and I don't have to take it quietly. I am not sitting benignly at an anonymous computer whining about the state of the country. And if the Muslim brotherhood goons show up at my doorstep to "talk" to me about my insurrection, I am not afraid to defend myself and my family.

Why would the Muslim Brotherhood care about...oh, I get it. The brown man won the election.

This is an example of the insanity that needs to be purged from the conservative ranks.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Huh? Illinois pays MORE into the federal govt than it receives... Texas, on the other hand runs on a deficit, mooching $1.40 for every dollar they pay in.
    You need to read up on "DB" Defined Benefits and how the laws do not apply to Govt.

Unfunded Benefits are THE giant killer in the room and the Chinese know it too.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yes because no land locked country could ever survive.
    Insert purple where needed.

If that is what you believe you are missing the whole point. I don't think anybody actually believes this will happen. The gov't will not allow it. The way I see it is that this is people trying to make the point that we are fed up. If these get 25,000 signatures the white house is required to make a statement regarding the situation. I don't know about you but I am fed up.

Landlocked isn't the problem. Landlocked and surrounded by the nation you just use force against to leave is the problem. It would seem it is you who misses the point. I forget I have to spell it out here sometimes.

Secession talk is stupid. It isn't going to happen and it's a colossal waste of time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Landlocked isn't the problem. Landlocked and surrounded by the nation you just use force against to leave is the problem. It would seem it is you who misses the point. I forget I have to spell it out here sometimes.

Secession talk is stupid. It isn't going to happen and it's a colossal waste of time.

But there are only 38 days left for the end of the world (12-21-2012) and DWTS is getting boring. :D

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I do not believe that I am insane, which may, then, be an indication that I am! I signed the petition to help make a statement, to let the government know that I, as a Legal Citizen of the United States of America, am not in agreement with the direction they are leading this country. I have known too many people who use their government benefits to fuel their own addictions instead of using them as a temporary measure as they were intended. If this petition is such a monumental waste of time, why have over 35 of the states started petitions? I do believe that we will soon be at war here in the States, whether civil, religious, against Mexico, or a combination of all three I cannot say. I am not sure if Obama is a Muslim, but his actions are more in alignment with that line of thinking than with his professed Christianity. I do believe that he is out to destroy America as we knew it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do not believe that I am insane, which may, then, be an indication that I am! I signed the petition to help make a statement, to let the government know that I, as a Legal Citizen of the United States of America, am not in agreement with the direction they are leading this country. I have known too many people who use their government benefits to fuel their own addictions instead of using them as a temporary measure as they were intended. If this petition is such a monumental waste of time, why have over 35 of the states started petitions? I do believe that we will soon be at war here in the States, whether civil, religious, against Mexico, or a combination of all three I cannot say. I am not sure if Obama is a Muslim, but his actions are more in alignment with that line of thinking than with his professed Christianity. I do believe that he is out to destroy America as we knew it.

First sentence pretty much nails it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, why would it be "insane" to think the muslim brotherhood, or... la raza or the NAACP or whoever would show up at your doorstep, given the things they've done recently? It's just an acknowledgement of reality, vs the denial of reality embodied in PC.

I see a possibility that, of the states for whom the petitions have been started, we'll have some basis for perhaps a "confederacy" of states forming a functional nation, combining resources, as well as Atlantic and gulf ports for trade. We won't necessarily have to stand alone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now, why would it be "insane" to think the muslim brotherhood, or... la raza or the NAACP or whoever would show up at your doorstep, given the things they've done recently? It's just an acknowledgement of reality, vs the denial of reality embodied in PC.

I see a possibility that, of the states for whom the petitions have been started, we'll have some basis for perhaps a "confederacy" of states forming a functional nation, combining resources, as well as Atlantic and gulf ports for trade. We won't necessarily have to stand alone.

How is the Muslim Brotherhood related to La Raza or the NAACP? And for what reason would the two latter show up at you doorstep?

Top Bottom